Google call recording gets an update, audio beep added as option to audio recording disclaimer. (screenshot attached)

Futureized

Skilled
Google finally adds call recording beep option notification, alongwith option for audio disclaimer.

It's much better then earlier disclaimer, I hope there is a workaround to add 500+ contacts with 550+ numbers in one go, to call recording..

Have to manually select each and every number from a contact.
Added my device details.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-12-21-18-27-440_com.google.android.dialer.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-12-21-18-27-440_com.google.android.dialer.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 247
  • Screenshot_2023-12-12-21-18-20-502_com.google.android.dialer.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-12-21-18-20-502_com.google.android.dialer.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 221
  • Screenshot_2023-12-12-21-28-43-860_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-12-21-28-43-860_com.android.settings.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Not there in pixel phones, only for other android phones.
That is ridiculous, Apple pays more attention to customising their products for the Indian consumer right now than any android maker. I would guess that in 10-15 years Apple will be the most popular brand in India just like in Japan. If I recall correctly you can't even turn off shutter sound on Pixels in India, even though there is no such law requiring it.

That is ridiculous, Apple pays more attention to customising their products for the Indian consumer right now than any android maker. I would guess that in 10-15 years Apple will be the most popular brand in India just like in Japan. If I recall correctly you can't even turn off shutter sound on Pixels in India, even though there is no such law requiring it.
Yup. Lot of good things missing in Pixel phones compared to other Android phones. Like taking Screenshot is too complicated in these devices. There is only one setting in the OS (double tap the phone at back) for taking screenshot and it doesn't work properly. No screenshot tile or cant take screenshot with power and volume + button. The phone dialer sucks. Cant block number from history. We have to tap number and hope it does not redial it. It goes to another page with info on the number and there we have to search how to block it. Long press on number has no blocking options. I can go on and on if i remember every little thing that this phone does not do properly but its just useless. Google wont hear customers feedback and wont work on these tiny things that make a UI friendly phone. they are stuck copying Apple - very badly.

Both work for me on Pixel 7a. For screenshot, it's power and volume -
Which Pixel are you on ?
I'm on 6a. I guess i was wrong.
I'm seeing the blocking option on long press in dialer now. Last time i tried it was not there and i had even mentioned it in playstore review.
Holding Power and volume minus button works after pressing it 4-5 in succession but the screenshot is useless since the screen has volume overlay on it.
I tried asking the assistant to take a screenshot but even that screenshot is useless since the bottom part is blocked by the assistant info about "Say something".
Double tap at back was the best method but its not responding to the taps now.

Holding Power and volume minus button works after pressing it 4-5 in succession but the screenshot is useless since the screen has volume overlay on it.
Nope, not in my case. Get a clean screenshot each time. Try doing it properly next time.

I'm on 6a. I guess i was wrong.
I'm seeing the blocking option on long press in dialer now. Last time i tried it was not there and i had even mentioned it in playstore review.
I tried asking the assistant to take a screenshot but even that screenshot is useless since the bottom part is blocked by the assistant info about "Say something".
Double tap at back was the best method but its not responding to the taps now.
No issue on my 6a either but I miss scrolling screenshots which were on Samsung devices generations ago.

Also, how can the device not have double tap to wake? I had added all these features through Magisk modules but decided to unroot and lock the bootloader as it was causing issues with work apps and also GPay.

Seems to be the Pixel team simply forgets that there is an OS beyond the camera app.

There are these two though -
Tap to check phone
Lift to check phone

Click on Capture More option after taking a screenshot on say a long, scrolling webpage
Yeah, I have those enabled. Tap to wake leads to too many inadvertent wakes though. Liked being able to also double tap to switch off the screen with the mods.

Capture more doesn't work in other apps like Outlook and Firefox for example, where I want to share the full content, though it does work with Google apps which is again quite irritating as it should be a system functionality.

Samsung's implementation is so much better. It works with all apps and autoscrolls. I guess it is another half-hearted implementation on Pixel that will take ages to catch-up to Samsung.
Samsung and LGs did not work correctly for me at times. This Pixel implementation works smoothly for all the apps I use. Then again, YMMV.

Yup. Lot of good things missing in Pixel phones compared to other Android phones. Like taking Screenshot is too complicated in these devices. There is only one setting in the OS (double tap the phone at back) for taking screenshot and it doesn't work properly. No screenshot tile or cant take screenshot with power and volume + button. The phone dialer sucks. Cant block number from history. We have to tap number and hope it does not redial it. It goes to another page with info on the number and there we have to search how to block it. Long press on number has no blocking options. I can go on and on if i remember every little thing that this phone does not do properly but its just useless. Google wont hear customers feedback and wont work on these tiny things that make a UI friendly phone. they are stuck copying Apple - very badly.
which pixel do you use?
taking screenshots is easiest compared to all android phones i have used - screen shot is a one finger operation!
i can block numbers from history

Have you found a way around this? I mean selecting all contacts in one go? Manually choosing each contact is absurd
Nope, just searching for same, trying to find a workaround for this.
But again, even after adding all contacts to call record, if any new contact number is added/edited/deleted, this will again require manual work in recording !!!

Atleast, we have a good option for now.. I record calls from all numbers not in contacts without pain

Back