Google LG Nexus 4 Pre Order, 8GB - Rs.21728/- & 16GB - Rs.25490/-

Actually its not random from google , ishop is known to do this , provide fake details , once i was told item reached mumbai , then told it has not reached their US warehouse twice !!! for one package.they mess up a lot, ending up sending someone's phone to some other person completely , they do not order single pieces , they wait for a few days and order in bulk , so the mail that they send u within a day , is fake.
Hey,i received this from ishop
"Would like to inform that the seller has just informed that it will take next 3 - 4 weeks to deliver the product as its in highly in demand and not in stock.

Please contact Customer care service for your confirmation for the same at 02240641050. "

I did send them a strict reply.Lets see what happens

Hey,i received this from ishop
"Would like to inform that the seller has just informed that it will take next 3 - 4 weeks to deliver the product as its in highly in demand and not in stock.

Please contact Customer care service for your confirmation for the same at 02240641050. "

I did send them a strict reply.Lets see what happens

As i told you , my friend got same call , now wait for more 5 weeks.They said atleast 4 weeks to US warehouse,and then 3-5 days to india !

i had bought it via a friend of mine.
ordered and got it delivered in 6 days flat from play store to my friend's home there.

i guess the courier service might be delaying it for folks who want it shipped to India.

Two Nexus 4 16 GB - HopShopGo - Fedex
Invoice Value = 737.4 USD ~ Rs 39846
Assessable Value = Declared Value :D
Total Duty = Rs 797

Total amount payable to Fedex = Rs 797 + Rs 337 (Fedex's Handling Charge) = Rs 1134

Final cost per phone = Rs 21k :D

Can someone confirm if this is the right way to go about this, Im sorry, I'm doing something like this for the first time (and with my own money :p) :
1) Get a US address at comgateway
2) Visit play.google.com/store/devices separately via proxy/vpn
3) Buy the Nexus 4 using my debit card (will it being an India debit card be a problem ?)
4) Ship it to the comgateway address, they'll notify me when it gets there.
5) Then I choose to ship it here.

Is that it ? Am I missing something ?

Guys I was charged by my citibank CC Rs.19312 (340USD) for 8gb Nexus 4. Conversion rate is coming around Rs.56.8. I think they are charging at very high rates.
Please recommend me better way to pay or CC with good exchange rates. Also currently I am using PPOBOX, is hopshopgo a better solution?
thanks in advance

excise duty has increased... not custom duty. I think it will increase the price of retail handset launched in India. Not the one we import through forwarding company. This is also the reason why we don't pay vat on such phones.

excise duty has increased... not custom duty. I think it will increase the price of retail handset launched in India. Not the one we import through forwarding company. This is also the reason why we don't pay vat on such phones.

Both have been increased.

Now they can charge upto 12% as customs duty , lucky if they charge 6% , parcels via iccworld might be charged 6% , if u buy via hopshopgo , Customs charges Basic Customs Duty and CounterVailing Customs Duty , earlier it was 1% and 1% each , now its 6% and 6% each , so there u go , they value it at 30000 , customs duty is 3600.

Earlier amount was so small u didnt notice whether they charged 1% or 2% , now its 6% each for basic customs duty and countervailing duty.

Back