Google LG Nexus 4 Pre Order, 8GB - Rs.21728/- & 16GB - Rs.25490/-

Crap! I just realized what a fool I have been to order from them. Cancelled my order today and keeping my fingers crossed to get the refund.

Noooooo, why did u do this? Didn't u read the syw feedback thread?

People have purchased in November and do not have any communication from syw...

@sri_rng did you see my post? its on the previous page.

Whenever my friend and i called them they gave the same date for us. Hopefully he will get the phone. Will update the status.

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting hold of their customer care is a nightmare. I really don't trust them right now and hopefully I will get my refund. Are you able to track your order on the website? Have they updated it?

sri_rng did you see my post? its on the previous page.

Whenever my friend and i called them they gave the same date for us. Hopefully he will get the phone. Will update the status.

does it not look like the point of impact is near the speakers?

gsmarena_001.jpg

And this ?

LG made a mess ....many people now reporting , one guy from delhi slept at night , woke up in the morning with cracked glass .

Real Story... My Nexus 4's back glass is shattered :( There is no way i can get the replacement here.. Google says it’s a damage they can’t do much. LG they have lots of pending requests for new back glass. Also they would not send the back case(seems easy to replace). you would need to send it them and they would charge you for the same.

Its difficult for me to send it to US and get it repair.. I am waiting back case to available here and replace it myself..
How it cracked I don’t know.. Phone was good till I went to sleep next morning I woke up and I saw those cracks.. It happened in Dec; I kept my on window which was very cold and night in dec in North gets very cold.. so not sure what had happened i am sure no one touched it.

Just waiting for a back case replacement... as far as phone goes, no complaint.. it is very good.

Just an FYI, I've dropped the phone twice by now.

First was an hard/pressure fall on the top right edge as the charging cable had got tangled in my chair, second was sort of a flat fall from about 5.8 feet, I dropped it while talking on the phone.

Both times the original bumper protected the phone from any damage. So I will highly recommend a bumper, preferably the original LG bumper, if you can source it.

Sent from my Nexus 4

I have dropped my iPhone 4 with a silicone case about 100 times within 2.5 years of my usage. Not a scratch/dent anywhere. This is just insane.

Not being partial towards any manufacturer but we have even had Apples blasting while getting charged, comparing to those incidents a mere glass crack is nothing. Also, we never know if the owner actually might have dropped the phone or some pressure might have got applied sometime back on the back glass and developed a weak spot for the glass to develop a crack.
Also, its highly possible that one user was able to get warranty replacement after explaining the story about the glass developing a crack on its own to Google, so everyone else who might have had their glasses cracked following the same wagon to get replacements from Google.
just my opinion, no offense meant to anyone.

Fedex will be delivering the Nexus 4 16 GB that I ordered today (shipment got delayed due to some mess up with my PayPal account :(, it had reached HopShopGo on Jan 3rd, but was able to get it shipped only on 16th)

Assessable value was Rs 21570 as per invoice but was changed to Rs 26000 by the customs official, duty Rs 520. Fedex handling charge Rs 337. Total Rs 857.

Final cost after including everything Rs 23000.

Fedex will be delivering the Nexus 4 16 GB that I ordered today (shipment got delayed due to some mess up with my PayPal account :(, it had reached HopShopGo on Jan 3rd, but was able to get it shipped only on 16th)

Assessable value was Rs 21570 as per invoice but was changed to Rs 26000 by the customs official, duty Rs 520. Fedex handling charge Rs 337. Total Rs 857.

You messed up the modifier in the first clause. 'Today' should modify 'Delivering' not 'order' :p

Enjoy the phone :D

PS - you also messed up the verb tense - 'FedEx will deliver today..'

Congrats.
You werent charged the additional 4% SAD which my friend was charged.

http://www.techenclave.com/hot-deal...ourworld-com-my-nightmare-144473/#post1779046

I have my own thoughts on the Nexus 4, I was very close to replace my gNex(with broken front glass, fell from about 10 feet :( ) with a Nexus4 .. but then I purchased a Galaxy Nexus, for the second time ! :D
with the
1. +1 for the Dual Core CPU on the gNex. Do you really need a Quad Core Processor on Android ? I mean IOS is still powerful for gaming and all, but Android ? Its like a white elephant. Period ! Google for battery life issues on the Nexus4 for details
2. +1 for the battery life on the gNex. Because of the Dual core CPU, the gNex is rather frugal on battery. Moderate usage will get you through about 20hours
3. +1 for the removable battery on the gNex. Phone Hung up - remove the battery ! While Travelling - pop in the spare battery
4. +1 for the cost and availability of the gNex - about 21k on ebay, will be in your hand in a few days
5. +1 for the Super Amoled HD on the gNex, if you love watch movies. +1 for the Nexus4 for IPS LCD for sunlight Visibility
6. +1 for the Nexus4 optics
7. Both the phones practically get the same OS
8. +1 for gNex (number of) roms

Save the dole and wait for the google x-phone , the new 1080P display phones will be a lot better than the Nexus4

- my 2cents
ab

http://www.techenclave.com/hot-deal...ourworld-com-my-nightmare-144473/#post1779046

I have my own thoughts on the Nexus 4, I was very close to replace my gNex(with broken front glass, fell from about 10 feet :( ) with a Nexus4 .. but then I purchased a Galaxy Nexus, for the second time ! :D
with the
1. +1 for the Dual Core CPU on the gNex. Do you really need a Quad Core Processor on Android ? I mean IOS is still powerful for gaming and all, but Android ? Its like a white elephant. Period ! Google for battery life issues on the Nexus4 for details
2. +1 for the battery life on the gNex. Because of the Dual core CPU, the gNex is rather frugal on battery. Moderate usage will get you through about 20hours
3. +1 for the removable battery on the gNex. Phone Hung up - remove the battery ! While Travelling - pop in the spare battery
4. +1 for the cost and availability of the gNex - about 21k on ebay, will be in your hand in a few days
5. +1 for the Super Amoled HD on the gNex, if you love watch movies. +1 for the Nexus4 for IPS LCD for sunlight Visibility
6. +1 for the Nexus4 optics
7. Both the phones practically get the same OS
8. +1 for gNex (number of) roms

Save the dole and wait for the google x-phone , the new 1080P display phones will be a lot better than the Nexus4

- my 2cents
ab

i upgraded from Gnex here are some of my thots based on the points listed by you :)

1)dual core vs quad core. - there is a noticeable difference in the performance of the 2 devices. also quad core = a bit of future proofing.
2)i get a bit better battery life on Nexus 4 than i used to get on my Gnex. On nexus 4 battery lasts for over 20 hours with over 4 hours of on screen time.
3) absolutely agree with u , Gnex has advantage of removable battery. Helps a lot especially while travelling.
4) Again i agree with you, easily available right now and no hassles in ordering Gnex. Sadly the same cannot be said about Nexus4.
5) i guess the screen type preference varies from user to user.
6) & 7) Agreed
8) there are a lot of roms available for Nexus 4 as well. :)

Just shared my thoughts after using both the devices :)

Back