Android Google Nexus 4 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just installed the toolkit and replaced with the new adb files but still on the first screen where i choose build number i can see 4.2 only. Is that fine?

How is this toolkit [Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.3 [Updated 02/24/13]: Nexus 4 Thread - xda-developers seems easier to use lol

PS: that thread provided me with a nice explanation. Thanks for the heads up.

No worries.... It is fine as it is 4.2 only.... Once in, download the nexus files first to your pc...during that time, do not plug your device to pc.... once you installed the files from the toolkit, then you can connect and root it or modify it....

Remember to choose USB debugging mode on your nexus 4 before connecting it to PC....

Rooted and flashed paranoid android. Used Wug's toolkit. But after flashing paranoid i am facing battery drain due to the media server issue. Can you help me out with this?

What ROM + kernel combo are people using? Also please share your reasons for using it.

As for me, I'm on CM 10.1 + franco.
CM - Gives a lot flexibility and options compared to the stock kernel
Franco - Much more battery on wifi & screen color and gamme control

I finally, FINALLY, got my nexus 4. Loving it to bits.
Havent updated it to 4.2.2 yet.
Can i root it and flash a 4.2.2. rom and then the 4.2.2. radio and bootlocker?

Gonna try flashing CM nightlie. After its stable might try franco. Just one doubt before i flash. I am currently on paranoid android. In the guide under CM it says flash recovery recovery.img Do i have to that or just install CM from CWM recovery?

What ROM + kernel combo are people using? Also please share your reasons for using it.

Xylon with Harsh kernel.
Xylon for its customizations , and Harsh kernel cause it uses mpdecision

Gonna try flashing CM nightlie. After its stable might try franco. Just one doubt before i flash. I am currently on paranoid android. In the guide under CM it says flash recovery recovery.img Do i have to that or just install CM from CWM recovery?

You can just go to CWM recovery, do a factory reset/cache reset and flash CM ROM.... Different Roms you can just flash by going to CWM recovery and just do a factory reset....

In case If you want to go back to factory stock rom, just go to this place and download the latest straight from Google Official website
https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

- - - Updated - - -

I am using Paranoid Android Latest one + Matrix Kernel w GPU OC

Reason: With Paranoid Android, the phone is fast and customizable... I can customize each app's DPI and layout to mirror tablet or phablet settings... Also with the Pie controls, I get 4.7 inch screen real estate as opposed to other roms, where there is no option... Now all apps and games are used at full 4.7 inch screen :bigok:

I have tried both Paranoid Android and CM 10.1 found the latter better due to additional customisation. Now need to find a suitable kernel to reduce over heating issues.

How to set CPU min speed to 387 mhz it keeps resetting to 1 ghz?

Any way to remove the country restriction in the play store? I have a vague feeling that I saw it some where on xda but unable to locate it.

Nexus 4 owners !!.. please mark your attendence if you not listed in the 2nd post :)

- - - Updated - - -

Is franco kernel like free to use ? .. I though you had to buy the franco kernel paid app from the Play Store to use it

Is franco kernel like free to use ? .. I though you had to buy the franco kernel paid app from the Play Store to use it

Franco kernel is free to use... All kernels are free to use... You might have confused with Kernel tweak tools.... Example: Faux123 kernel tool is a paid app in google play store which can be mistaken for faux123 kernel.... Kernel tweak tool helps us to fine tune the kernel to our liking like setting GPU/CPU speed/Governor, I/O settings etc....

@dexBG as already mentioned its free. Most of these roms and kernel have a paid version wherein the updates whenever released can be installed onto your phone without flashing the entire rom/kernel again.
@aradhakr84 @varkey any way to remove country restriction on play store?

Last edited by a moderator:
dexBG as already mentioned its free. Most of these roms and kernel have a paid version wherein the updates whenever released can be installed onto your phone without flashing the entire rom/kernel again.
aradhakr84 varkey any way to remove country restriction on play store?

Country restrictions can be removed using this method... That way you can access US playstore and any other country playstore instead of Indian one.... I tried it long back on my S3 and it worked perfect... Only drawback was I was unable to see the videos section in US playstore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back