google pixel a flop in india ?

lol why are you so bitter ?
Also what exactly is so groundbreaking about the pixel Xl vs a S7edge/iphone 7 plus that makes it a utter crap phone acc to you. because majority would think otherwise. whats so tasteful about the pixel ?
Let's see. Pixel has the best software experience possible on an Android device. S7 has the worst. How about that?

Even them iPhone users who have used Pixel have found it much consistent and smoother for day to day to tasks, gaming obviously is not counted, nothing can beat A10 anyway for raw power. Other than the Original Note and Note 5 I used all the Notes, then S2, S4, basically wanted to use Samsung only because of their great hardware, but nah they have with their TW big time. It was pathetic, it still is. I've always wanted a buttery smooth experience from an Android, consistently, Pixel gives me just that, and with an excellent camera, incredible call quality amongst other stuffs, no phone remotely can compare with it, period.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the best judge of what a good experience are the people itself, what you may want in a phone others may not. Just because there is a phone that somehow meets your weird expectations does not mean others are wrong. Manufacturers aim to make something that maximum people can feel good using. The call quality and camera quality difference in a S7/edge vs Pixel is not that discernible anyway to 99% users though you can prove the ground and the sky difference you seem to be propagating if you can. Camera in s7 is also better than a Pixel one in many situations. Not to mention higher storage options and better water protection as well than the pixel. Even the support centres are more widespread and nearbuy incase of samsung while with pixel you are left with much lesser options.

My latest LED TV has thinner bezels than GPXL, industrial and boring design is one thing, OP3T and HTC 10 also have industrial design but they are not ugly like GPXL.

There was no need to drag S7 into this thread, S7 is an engineering marvel, most aesthetically pleasing phone.

When judging GPXL as a 'standalone' phone and not comparing against S7 and IP7, GPXL is way overpriced.

C'mon guys, let's be realistic here.

If i spent half a lakh on a phone thats gonna be outdated in a year, two at most, i'd be pissed off too...

Have one and it's collecting dust, It the worst phone ever from Google, Look at the design man yuck, Look at 6P best phone ever Google came with but then they themselves f3k3d it, No volte support on a phone worth 50k.

There is nothing so great about this phone, Google software Experience Dam a 4 year old nexus 5 can have that so called experience why the he'll one want to spend 70k for this shit.

As for touch wiz some like it some don't its about personal preference I know people who don't give a Dam about software they just want a SAMSUNG phone its all about ur personal choice.

If some one ask me which is the best phone currently, I would day Op3 as it has everything... also priced just half price of the so called Google Pixel.

whats so tasteful about the pixel ?

NOTHING.

Last edited:
As a Nexus6P owner for the last year, I've realized the "Pure Google" experience is highly overrated. Yes, that's my opinion. I actually miss parts of MIUI.

The Pixel's are overpriced for what you get. Atleast the iPhones get you a better resale value.

As a Nexus6P owner for the last year, I've realized the "Pure Google" experience is highly overrated. Yes, that's my opinion. I actually miss parts of MIUI.

Yeah, for me the first thing to put on an android phone is the nova launcher. But then again having owned a total of 2 smartphones over the last 5 years I am hardly an expert on the android "experience".

Also, where is the reddit link - a good roast is always fun. Why did you ban him mods?

lol hes a vibrating phone enthusiast it seems. hates samsung as they dont vibrate enough :rolleyes:

upload_2017-2-2_0-14-5.png

Just read all the posts and whilst i truly believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, to ridicule someone elses opinion is just not right. And in this case everyone here is right, the pixel is just not a phone good enough for the price they charge. IT fellas language is just not done and he seems to do this quiet often.
TBH, most op3 users would choose a s7 edge over op3 (me included). I honestly dont see whats the harm is accepting this honest to god fact and move on. :)

The thread was made to berate Google Pixel. No wonder someone who owns or likes one will come to defend it.
Personally, I love the Pixel and would have owned one if I was interested in phones like I used to be at one time.
Even the Nexus 6 and 6p were expensive premium phones and not much of a success in India.
So why create a thread about the sales of a device that hasn't been doing well for the last three generations in India. From what I can see, the price has always remained similar to the iPhone offering of the same generation since the 6.
Just like iOs vs Android threads, this discussion has no meaning as right from looks to UI choices are all subjective at the end of the day.
Also, Google has never been aggressive about selling their devices. Unlike Apple, device sales aren't something that their major profits come from. I know many people who are totally in love with their Pixel and just like iPhone owners don't care about the price tag and want to have the latest Google flagship in their hands.

As for cashback offers, even Apple was running them right from day one as even they knew that price is too high for Indian market. I ordered iPhone 7 256GB for my friend in the second week after launch and got 11k as CC cashback and another 1500 as Amazon cashback.

Even iPhone 7 sales haven't been that stellar.

The truth is that the industry as a whole is coming to a stall and hence they are doing their best to milk the customers with incremental upgrades. People who want to spend that much have every right to do so without being ridiculed for their choices.
Same has been true for the music devices industry for a long time as well.

Google keeps saying Pixel made by google o_O where as its made and designed by HTC even RMA will be done from HTC service center.
I already own a Nexus 6P, in spite of all the recent bugs with Nexus lineups (rebooting issue) I can still live with it.
Coming to pure android experience anybody with a nexus device be it nexus 4 ,5,6,etc can get that , Dont really know what is so special about Pixel.

Google keeps saying Pixel made by google o_O where as its made and designed by HTC even RMA will be done from HTC service center.
Well sorry to break it out for you, HTC would have been paid and settled and would have been in an agreement with how Google wants to have their phone in the market.
Dont really know what is so special about Pixel.
If you would have closely followed, Pixel has this feature of storing your photos untouched onto the unlimited cloud storage that Google photos offers. This was enough feature for me to jump over the idea and buy the phone for myself.

I haven't quoted any of the troll posts here as @rdst_1 had already mentioned that the intention of this thread itself was to demean a mobile which is excellent in its own way. Which reminds me of the sour grapes.

I already own a Nexus 6P, in spite of all the recent bugs with Nexus lineups (rebooting issue) I can still live with it.
Coming to pure android experience anybody with a nexus device be it nexus 4 ,5,6,etc can get that , Dont really know what is so special about Pixel.
Like I have said above, same is true for an iPhone.
You can go and buy an iPhone 5s for 14k and it is a terrific VFM device if you want iOs.They are still selling iPhone 6, 6s and SE models in the market. How are they any different ?
iPhone 7 sales have been pathetic considering it is an iPhone. Someone else mentioned S7 and S7 edge while completely forgetting that those 2 phones launched at similar prices an year ago.

I am running a flawless CM13 on my Redmi Note 3 and face no issues with hanging or slowing down of the phone. Does that make the OP3 a bad phone ? I think the Redmi Note 3 would have easily outsold the OP3. That doesn't mean the OP3 is a flop. They just cater to different types of people and so does Pixel. Is there a rule that a device has to be VFM?
If that's true, then rich guys are morons for driving in BMWs or Mercedez when a Skoda Superb/ Toyota Camry such a VFM deal for Indian roads.

I remember having a similar debate when Nexus 6 was launched. People never wanted to Google to move to flagship prices. It's been more than two years and if people still can't get over that fact then Google or any other company doesn't owe anything to such people.

I think people in India felt the same way when Maruti decided to launch the Kizashi. People weren't able to wrap their heads around a 15- lakh Maruti and the car was termed as a flop. However, even today, it is a brilliant car which is coveted by enthusiasts. Making and selling cars being their bread and butter, Maruti went back to selling cheap 'dabbas', but Google couldn't care less because this revenue stream isn't their main source of income.

Don't know the sales figures but as someone who has been wanting to buy a 'Nexus' phone for years and not buying it mainly due to the camera - the Pixel was a big disappointment.
I did not buy it (even though they finally put in a good camera) due to the way it looks (shape/ bezels), price and after sales service from HTC.

Like I have said above, same is true for an iPhone.
You can go and buy an iPhone 5s for 14k and it is a terrific VFM device if you want iOs.They are still selling iPhone 6, 6s and SE models in the market. How are they any different ?
iPhone 7 sales have been pathetic considering it is an iPhone. Someone else mentioned S7 and S7 edge while completely forgetting that those 2 phones launched at similar prices an year ago.

I am running a flawless CM13 on my Redmi Note 3 and face no issues with hanging or slowing down of the phone. Does that make the OP3 a bad phone ? I think the Redmi Note 3 would have easily outsold the OP3. That doesn't mean the OP3 is a flop. They just cater to different types of people and so does Pixel. Is there a rule that a device has to be VFM?
If that's true, then rich guys are morons for driving in BMWs or Mercedez when a Skoda Superb/ Toyota Camry such a VFM deal for Indian roads.

I remember having a similar debate when Nexus 6 was launched. People never wanted to Google to move to flagship prices. It's been more than two years and if people still can't get over that fact then Google or any other company doesn't owe anything to such people.

I think people in India felt the same way when Maruti decided to launch the Kizashi. People weren't able to wrap their heads around a 15- lakh Maruti and the car was termed as a flop. However, even today, it is a brilliant car which is coveted by enthusiasts. Making and selling cars being their bread and butter, Maruti went back to selling cheap 'dabbas', but Google couldn't care less because this revenue stream isn't their main source of income.
cant put it any better

news these days say Iphone sales have been great though overall but i7 may be selling lesser. do they give breakdown of the device sales anyplace ? http://www.reuters.com/article/us-apple-results-research-idUSKBN15G4TZ[DOUBLEPOST=1486039325][/DOUBLEPOST]Redmi Note 3 vs Op3 is a poor example. i think comparison here was made with similar priced and category phones.
yeah OP3 and Pixel was similarly priced. So was Nexus 4/5/6p with Pixel. Can you be little consistent in what you say or are you confused yourself?

Let me put you in the right direction again - compare phones on the specs and not the price. Thats how you can measure "value for money" argument which was the base of your thread.

Back