Got diagnosed with COVID - 19

@ cisco_tech : I am surprised that they have started LMWH for you .. Seems like that it has become protocol.
Do you have any other co-morbidities?

Anyway, stay sharp and hope you guys recover soon.

@manucitc @cisco_tech get well soon, wishing you both a speedy recovery. Here in Chennai the virus is spreading left and right. My whole street has been quarantined. Possibly there are more than 100+ Asymptomatic cases. Very difficult situation.

Is everyone who is diagnosed as COVID Positive told to be admitted to a hospital? My brother has to get his test done soon on doctor's recommendation and we are not sure what will be the next step if he turns out positive. He has no serious symptoms but has fever since a week.
I am in Mumbai.

Is everyone who is diagnosed as COVID Positive told to be admitted to a hospital? My brother has to get his test done soon on doctor's recommendation and we are not sure what will be the next step if he turns out positive. He has no serious symptoms but has fever since a week.
I am in Mumbai.
No actually government officer on phone 104 call me to self quarantine and he prescribed me medicine over call but I was not fully confident about home quarantine thing so I directly visited hospital and after that they admitted me.

Dude, I have to break it to you gently - India has no welfare schemes like other countries. If the govt does more lockdown, how will people like me even get work? I can't even get into local train because it is only for essential services people. Like I said somewhere else in some other thread, people wanting extended lockdown have nothing to lose because they have tons of money in their accounts. Only the rich people are asking for lockdown. People without money don't have alternative here. It's either die by virus or due to poverty. Bills aren't going to get paid sitting at home for majority of people.
I totally understand your situation mate, coming from a typical middle class Bengali family, we didn't even have a car and till 2010-11, I was traveling in public transport.
Don't think I am rich now by any means.
I never supported blanket lockdown in India. With no social support to the middle class people, they are bound to break all restrictions ( just to survive)
But, the present situation in few places in India, needs selective lockdown to avert major catastrophic consequences.
Indian government must give some support to middle class people ( like this wonderful hospital in Ahmedabad), nothing major...may be waiving off the electricity bill for a month or two, issuing free coupons for bus rides etc...nothing fancy..just enough so that people don't go hungry.
Everything being done so far ( and rightly so) is targeted to people living below poverty line, people who have ration cards etc.
I personally know a few people with earning less than 200 EUR per month before corona didn't get any assistance so far ( how much can a person save if the earning is less than 7 EUR a day!!)
This is what baffled all the outsiders working for ICMR. We couldn't find a solution to this problem.
Indian government should find some way out. A country cannot go on like this.
Post automatically merged:

I am in Mumbai.
He will be persuaded to go for home quarantine. Unless he lives in a very large house with multiple floors, don't listen to them and please get him admitted.

^^ Really depressing!! Didn`t know about this channel, it is so rare to find a good Bangla channel in youtube. Onek dhonyobad dissel...Ain`t it kind of cruelly funny, that these same people are bleeding from their collective hearts for the lost lives in India-China border, while they don`t even care that millions are dying slow painful deaths in poverty, hopelessness.
India was not like this in 2014....

No actually government officer on phone 104 call me to self quarantine and he prescribed me medicine over call but I was not fully confident about home quarantine thing so I directly visited hospital and after that they admitted me.

Do you happen to have a list of all the medicines that you were told by the government person? Currently, we are suspecting either COVID or Typhoid. We have got other Dengue etc tests done and it is all negative. WIDAL test which should show typhoid is there or not will come tomorrow. But as of now, doctor has started on medication which he told are relevant to both the things (COVID and Typhoid).

If he has fever for a week, Widal may come negative. Blood culture is IOC in first week of enteric fever.
A simple way to remember B-A-S-U
Blood culture week 1 of fever
Antigen( Widal) week 2
Stool culture week 3
Urine culture week 4
There is no such thing relevent to both covid and enteric fever my friend except paracetamol!!
Typhoid is a bacteria and easy to manage.
Did he have constipation at onset of symptoms?

Do you happen to have a list of all the medicines that you were told by the government person? Currently, we are suspecting either COVID or Typhoid. We have got other Dengue etc tests done and it is all negative. WIDAL test which should show typhoid is there or not will come tomorrow. But as of now, doctor has started on medication which he told are relevant to both the things (COVID and Typhoid).

It was Azithromycin, T Limcee, T Montair Lc, Bescolues z..

Why not take him for xray or CT scan for pneumonia symptoms?

I was diagnosed pneumonia first by pulmonologist through xray then he told me to call 104 and get my self admitted.

I have also CRP level like something 48.00 mg/L when reference level was between 0-10.

@red dragon what does crp means? Google show some kind of inflammation related thing

And blood level show my platelet count 70000 which is low..

CRP= C reactive protein. Azithromycin was drug of choice for enteric fever long ago. Possibly that is the common thing the doc referred to. Yes, your platelet count is indeed low. But don`t worry about it. HCQS is known for mild bone marrow suppression, but it is mild and short lasting.
manu, wanted to ask you something, please try to remember carefully...did you ever feel this strange kind of chest discomfort (tightness) with usual cough/cold/ fever before? If possible can you please describe the feeling in your own language (English/ Hindi..preferably if that`s your mother-tongue)?
Take your time, whenever you feel better please give an elaborate reply if possible.

Last edited:
It was Azithromycin, T Limcee, T Montair Lc, Bescolues z..

Why not take him for xray or CT scan for pneumonia symptoms?

I was diagnosed pneumonia first by pulmonologist through xray then he told me to call 104 and get my self admitted.

I have also CRP level like something 48.00 mg/L when reference level was between 0-10.

@red dragon what does crp means? Google show some kind of inflammation related thing

And blood level show my platelet count 70000 which is low..

His C-Reactive Protein (CRP) in 2.84 Mg/L while the lab report says normal range is 0.6. (Report says C-Reactive Protein: Negative and Titre as 2.84)
What are symptoms of Pneumonia? Also for that, is CT Scan done or XRay?

His C-Reactive Protein (CRP) in 2.84 Mg/L while the lab report says normal range is 0.6. (Report says C-Reactive Protein: Negative and Titre as 2.84)
What are symptoms of Pneumonia? Also for that, is CT Scan done or XRay?
X Ray is enough as per my understanding.

Pneumonia system are breathing problem, fever, cough, chest tightness in short all covid symptoms count for pneumonia too.

If you have pulse oximeter see his spo2 level which is generally 97-100 but in my case it was 94.

If he has fever for a week, Widal may come negative. Blood culture is IOC in first week of enteric fever.
A simple way to remember B-A-S-U
Blood culture week 1 of fever
Antigen( Widal) week 2
Stool culture week 3
Urine culture week 4
There is no such thing relevent to both covid and enteric fever my friend except paracetamol!!
Typhoid is a bacteria and easy to manage.
Did he have constipation at onset of symptoms?

Blood Culture is also to be done and were told it will take a 5 days minimum for report. What is that done for?
Also the medicines doctor has told us as of now are as follows...

Azithromycin 500 Mg
Meftal 250 DT (for more fever) / Crocin if less
CEFTAS-400
Somprdz D40 (it says Enteric Coated esomeprazole magnesium)
Rinilab capsules (says probiotics capsules - for 3 days I guess to control loose motion)
Post automatically merged:

X Ray is enough as per my understanding.

Pneumonia system are breathing problem, fever, cough, chest tightness in short all covid symptoms count for pneumonia too.

If you have pulse oximeter see his spo2 level which is generally 97-100 but in my case it was 94.

The doctor today morning did that oxymeter thing but didn't mention anything about it and dumb me even forgot to ask.

Last edited:
Don`t know much
It is a RNA dependent RNA polymerase inhibitor, used in some parts of the world for influenza. It was tried in Nipah and Ebola. Don`t have high hopes.

Back