Got diagnosed with COVID - 19

Got a general warning from the TE pissants about being civil. Nice.
It's a global notice... I think everyone got it. Someone complained to the mods stating threads were hijacked, there was name calling, politicisation of threads and blah blah. It's there in the feedback section.

Nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
So I am in Mumbai and I had mentioned about my brother having fever.
We got his test done and I has come positive for COVID. We also got his chest xray done 2 days back and it mentioned some congestion. The "Impression" mentioned was "LRTI" which means Lower Respiratory Tract Infection. Is this linked to COVID?

My brother has fever Only now and that too we have been able to increase time between crocins.

Anyone in Mumbai know what happens next? I heard that BMC comes home and checks the person and decides whether home quarantine is ok or take to a facility.
If it is home quarantine, do BMC give the medicines?
We have already quarantined my brother I separate room and he has separate toilet and bathroom for his use.
Good is kept outside his room and he has to take and give back dishes later same way. It is washed separately with gloves on and kept separately in a different dishwash rack.

Can use disposable cutlery, LRTI = COVID , Pls get an Oximeter , Crocin is quite safe, you can give it 6 hourly, no need to increase the intervals yet
Definitely consult a local doctor and he should be started on some kind of oral treatment.

So I am in Mumbai and I had mentioned about my brother having fever.
We got his test done and I has come positive for COVID. We also got his chest xray done 2 days back and it mentioned some congestion. The "Impression" mentioned was "LRTI" which means Lower Respiratory Tract Infection. Is this linked to COVID?

My brother has fever Only now and that too we have been able to increase time between crocins.

Anyone in Mumbai know what happens next? I heard that BMC comes home and checks the person and decides whether home quarantine is ok or take to a facility.
If it is home quarantine, do BMC give the medicines?
We have already quarantined my brother I separate room and he has separate toilet and bathroom for his use.
Good is kept outside his room and he has to take and give back dishes later same way. It is washed separately with gloves on and kept separately in a different dishwash rack.
Unless he lives in a very big house with at least 2 floors and there's no elderly in the house, please get him admitted for few days.
Successful home quarantine is almost impossible in India ( though everyone will tell you it's possible)
If you have susceptible individuals in the household, please get him admitted. Since more than a week has passed, he will be just fine even at home, but others may not be that lucky.
Please don't get scared unnecessarily, but get him admitted.

How are you guys doing?
I'm doing better now. Discharged on Tuesday noon. Doc didn't prescribe me any further medicines and said all medicines course are now completed here at hospital hence no further medicines required. Just rest for 1 week at home and you can continue normal routine thereafter.

They still advised me to isolate yourself for 1 more week then u can meet family members.
I am lucky to have whole separate floor for myself .
My mother is 59 and she had done open heart surgery in 2012 (valve replacement) and my grandfather is 82 years old. Both doing absolutely fine. I was so much worried about them but the moment I got initial symptoms in the beginning I have isolated from that day. In the last 15 days they didn't show any symptoms so doc said they are out of danger now otherwise would have shown some symptoms. So that's a big relief for me.

My x-ray and blood test all came good. I have started deep breathing exercise and pranayam.

Thank you all for the wishes. :)

Unless he lives in a very big house with at least 2 floors and there's no elderly in the house, please get him admitted for few days.
Successful home quarantine is almost impossible in India ( though everyone will tell you it's possible)
If you have susceptible individuals in the household, please get him admitted. Since more than a week has passed, he will be just fine even at home, but others may not be that lucky.
Please don't get scared unnecessarily, but get him admitted.
That was only reason I got myself self admitted in government hospital when 104 line guy told me there is no need to admit me.

Still I am seeing huge number of bed empty but they still recommend people to home quarantine and basically send people away if you don't insist.

Can use disposable cutlery, LRTI = COVID , Pls get an Oximeter , Crocin is quite safe, you can give it 6 hourly, no need to increase the intervals yet
Definitely consult a local doctor and he should be started on some kind of oral treatment.

Wow didnt know LRTI = COVID. Are you a doctor? I am not being rude here, genuinely asking. Crocin is being given only on need basis. Earlier (in first 5-6 days of fever), we didn't take crocin but he has advil and tylenol (we had some stock left from US) but that was not regular and then for 2 days he has local doctor's medicines which didn't do much so one day he took injection so that day no fever came.
But then next day again fever started and then we showed another doctor and he gave Azithromycin (which I guess is antibiotic), one for diarrhea control (for 3 days) and some probiotic medicine.
He suggested Crocin for Fever and if too much fever then Meftal. We had Meftal 3 times till now but last one was had 3+ days back and since then, it is only crocin (apart from other medicines) and now the fever increasing rate has decreased so timings between subsequent doses of crocin is more than 14+ Hours.

Most probably some PPI ( pantoprazole) , PCM and multivitamins
Or,
PPI, HCQS, Azithromycin.
(Indian doctors are still using HCQS/ Azithromycin)
Though I don't know if OP has pre existing ailment like thyroid issues/ hypertension/ Diabetes (on OHAs)
Post automatically merged:

Possibly, but a reasonable amount. All government hospital in India used to have both free and paying beds (the rates were very reasonable)
Going by his routine, seems to be a very good tertiary care hospital.

Indian doctors also have lowest mortality rate and you may refer to workdometer for latest statistics.

Indian doctors also have lowest mortality rate and you may refer to workdometer for latest statistics.
I sincerely hope it remains that way. It's not because of Indian immunity or special precautions, simply because not even 4 weeks have passed since lockdown.
AFAIK testing is not mandatory for doctors ( which should be) Many of them are possibly asymptomatic carriers. We had to go through screening almost every week.
No!! LRTI is not covid!!!!

Wow didnt know LRTI = COVID. Are you a doctor? I am not being rude here, genuinely asking. Crocin is being given only on need basis. Earlier (in first 5-6 days of fever), we didn't take crocin but he has advil and tylenol (we had some stock left from US) but that was not regular and then for 2 days he has local doctor's medicines which didn't do much so one day he took injection so that day no fever came.
But then next day again fever started and then we showed another doctor and he gave Azithromycin (which I guess is antibiotic), one for diarrhea control (for 3 days) and some probiotic medicine.
He suggested Crocin for Fever and if too much fever then Meftal. We had Meftal 3 times till now but last one was had 3+ days back and since then, it is only crocin (apart from other medicines) and now the fever increasing rate has decreased so timings between subsequent doses of crocin is more than 14+ Hours.
He had diarrhea at onset, still they thought of enteric fever? That's not a common feature of typhoid in India ( most have constipation and fever at onset, later have loose motions in enteric fever)
However diarrhea is very common feature of covid 19.
Please give Tylenol if the temperature goes above 100 degrees Fahrenheit, and try to get him admitted ( it may be difficult in Mumbai at present, I do understand...if you're finding it difficult to get him admitted, call the helpline and tell them he's having some nocturnal SOB, you will be allotted a bed immediately)
It's very difficult to isolate a patient @ home in India.
@ everyone,
Please don't panic but please stock adequate Tylenol at home. Any paracetamol should do( forgot the brands available in India)

Last edited:
I sincerely hope it remains that way. It's not because of Indian immunity or special precautions, simply because not even 4 weeks have passed since lockdown.
AFAIK testing is not mandatory for doctors ( which should be) Many of them are possibly asymptomatic carriers. We had to go through screening almost every week.
No!! LRTI is not covid!!!!

He had diarrhea at onset, still they thought of enteric fever? That's not a common feature of typhoid in India ( most have constipation and fever at onset, later have loose motions in enteric fever)
However diarrhea is very common feature of covid 19.
Please give Tylenol if the temperature goes above 100 degrees Fahrenheit, and try to get him admitted ( it may be difficult in Mumbai at present, I do understand...if you're finding it difficult to get him admitted, call the helpline and tell them he's having some nocturnal SOB, you will be allotted a bed immediately)
It's very difficult to isolate a patient @ home in India.
@ everyone,
Please don't panic but please stock adequate Tylenol at home. Any paracetamol should do( forgot the brands available in India)

I know it is difficult to quarantine at home but I think we have been able to do it as much as we could. He has separate toilet and bathroom in home just outside the bedroom door where he is currently put up. All he can do is go inside for his business and go directly in bedroom without passing any of other members. Food is being kept in his separate plate on floor and he has to take and same for anything else. Also washing his utensils is done separately with gloves on and then gloves being cleaned as if I am cleaning my hands. He has been instructed to wear mask even opening door and also all talks happen over phone.

It seems the BMC is asking most people in Mumbai with mild symptoms to self quarantine. A couple of acquaintances have tested positive and have been told to self quarantine if symptoms aren't too bad.

I guess the severity of the disease varies depending wildly. A couple of my friend's parents have passed away due to covid after paying 7-10 lacs bills in pvt hospitals. They were both late 50s and were on the ventilator. So it's definitely not something we can take lightly even though some people have barely any symptoms.

I'm actually amazed at the cleanliness and overall quality of that hospital in Ahmedabad! Here in Mumbai, the government hospitals are not even close. My dad's on dialysis and since the pvt hospitals shut down due to covid positive cases, we had to go to a government hospital and it was an absolute nightmare for the three weeks that we had to go there. Thankfully pvt hospitals have opened up now but they all seem to have increased their rates for all treatments and tests by 25-30 percent at the minimum.

Back