Got diagnosed with COVID - 19

manucitc

Disciple
I was feeling body pain so take some paracetamol for 2 days but was steel feeling weak.

After 2 days I felt issue in deep breathing and chest pain when taking deep breath.

So Visited MD doctor in my area and he was kind of to test me and tell me get xray done for pneumonia and xray came positive with pneumonia so doctor told me I have 100% chance of Corona positive as I stay in red zone area in one of the badly affected city in india.

Call 104 but they told me to self isolate and take medicine but it was not possible for me to self isolate and private hospital told me come up with 4 lacs minimum.

So I just go to directly one of city's government hospital and told me about situation and show all my report at reception and they told me get admitted in B1 ward where they keep Corona suspected patients.

Blood sample and swab sample were taken for Corona report and it came positive next day and was told to get transfer in 8th floor in C1 ward where people with minor symptoms kept.

Below are my daily routine.

7:00 AM - Tea
7:00 AM - Ward boy came and give necessary tablet.
7:30 AM - Breakfast. Menu is Masala Idali, Upma, Pauva.
10:00 AM - Ukano
11:00 AM - Mag nu Pani, Carrot Soup
12:00 AM - Lunch. 4 Roti, 2 Subji (vegetable and sprout), Rice, Dal, Sweet (Gulab Jamun, Suji Halva etc.), Curd
12:30 PM : Banana
12:45 PM : Ward boy came and give necessary tablet.
04:00 PM : Tea with Biscuits
04:30 PM : Sandwich
05:00 PM : Lemon Juice
06:00 PM : Soup
07:15 PM : Dinner. 4 Roti, 2 Subji (vegetable and sprout), Khichdi, Dal, Curd
09:00 PM : Ward boy came and give necessary tablet.
10:30 PM : Tea with Biscuits

Diabetes food and Jain food have also provided.

Floor cleaning has been done twice a day.
Senior Doctor has been visited at every morning 10:00 AM. Junior doctor is available for 24 x 7 for individual ward. Every day Oxygen level, Blood Pressure, Temperature, Blood Sugar (If you have diabetes) have been tested. If require, bottles have been injected.

hello manoj bhai, sorry to read that! thanks for writing & telling us about it! pls keep posting updates if any, as & when possible. take good care of yourself, wish you a speedy recovery! you'll come out of it well soon! :)

Don't worry mate. Stay strong, you will be feeling much better in couple of days. I've seen thousands of covid 19 patients. For most , it is nothing more than a viral fever.
If your chest discomfort ( tightness) worsens slightly or changes nature even slightly, report to the doctors immediately.
If you want to know anything ( and the docs are too busy to answer, they must be) please fell free to drop a pm, will try my best to answer.

Last edited:
Don't worry mate. Stay strong, you will be feeling much better in couple of days. I've seen thousands of covid 19 patients. For most , it is nothing more than a viral fever.
If your chest discomfort ( tightness) worsens slightly or changes nature even slightly, report to the doctors immediately.
If you want to know anything ( and the docs are too busy to answer, they must be) please fell free to drop a pm, will try my best to answer.

OP mentioned he got a tablet 3 times a day. What tablet would that be? Paracetamol?

OP mentioned he got a tablet 3 times a day. What tablet would that be? Paracetamol?
Most probably some PPI ( pantoprazole) , PCM and multivitamins
Or,
PPI, HCQS, Azithromycin.
(Indian doctors are still using HCQS/ Azithromycin)
Though I don't know if OP has pre existing ailment like thyroid issues/ hypertension/ Diabetes (on OHAs)
Post automatically merged:

Get well soon, did you have to pay anything for the hospital ?
Possibly, but a reasonable amount. All government hospital in India used to have both free and paying beds (the rates were very reasonable)
Going by his routine, seems to be a very good tertiary care hospital.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear. Good to see they're taking good care of you. Get well soon :)
Got self admitted in one of government hospital which was newly built year back call SVP hospital.

They said they don't take walk in and I should self quarantine, told them it's not possible in my home, have to argue then they take me in.

I was diagnosed with pneumonia at this point, Corona report is not needed informed by some dude when call 104.

After taking swab got positive Corona report and they transfer me in Corona section on 8th floor till then was with Corona suspected ward.

Actually feeling good say 80% better after full 2 days treatment, chest pain while deep breathing is gone..

Oxygen level though pulse oximeter is increase from 94 to 96.

Here few snap of food and facilities.

What's more baffling is ward for patient with normal symptoms is completely empty, still they denied me entry saying its full and told me to go private hospital nearby?

I have quite good medical insurance but private hospital wanted me to pay upfront 5 lacs before admission which don't think make any sense.

I am from ahmedabad so it's not Delhi or Mumbai level effected but still quite large number of case daily..
IMG-20200620-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20200620-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20200620-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20200620-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20200620-WA0006.jpg

First up GET WELL SOON,
Secondly no need to worry, you ll be fine.
Thirdly for a Govt hospital, very Very good care is being given to you..
Usual yet most followed and generally effective treatment protocol is being followed according to your condition.

I would urge you to share your story from the onest of body aches till the end of your quarantine at home after hospital stay at various platforms as ans when you are fine and ready to share..
This would help a lot of people, far too much fear, paranoia and misinformation is being spread so a genuine account would be very encouraging for the community..

Its pretty easy to bash the Govt but you are being given the best care that too for 0 expanse, the so kudos to the authorities.

Which state and which city, if I may enquire?

JAI HIND

Edit

Just saw the pics, impressive indeed.

Last edited:
@manucitc , wow!! That's a really clean ward. If the government hospitals are this nice, why go to those private hospitals?
Are you vegetarian by any chance? B12 deficiency is very common among vegetarians.
That hospital is better/ cleaner than most hospitals in my city.
But how come it's practically empty, where according to media reports there's a severe bed crisis everywhere ( including Ahmedabad)

Last edited:
@manucitc , wow!! That's a really clean ward. If the government hospitals are this nice, why go to those private hospitals?
Are you vegetarian by any chance? B12 deficiency is very common among vegetarians.
That hospital is better/ cleaner than most hospitals in my city.
But how come it's practically empty, where according to media reports there's a severe bed crisis everywhere ( including Ahmedabad)

Yes, been taking B12 injection every 6 month for past 5 year.

Actually room was almost full when I got shift here but most people get discharge tomorrow so right now we are 3 people only..

They advice most people with minor symptoms to get home stay saying hospital is full.

Actually hospital is full for people with medium to severe symptoms where constant oxygen and ventilation require.

First up GET WELL SOON.

I would urge you to share your story from the onest of body aches till the end of your quarantine at home after hospital stay at various platforms as ans when you are fine and ready to share..

Its pretty easy to bash the Govt but you are being given the best care that too for 0 expanse, the so kudos to the authorities.

Which state and which city, if I may enquire?

JAI HIND

Edit

Just saw the pics, impressive indeed.

It was actually sudden where one day i started feeling tiredness where I don't feel like physically feel up the work form.

So I take paracetamol for one day 3 time but 2nd day breathing problem started where I feel chest pain while deep breathing.

So I visited pulmonologist and he suggested me taking xray after checking me personally and xray was showing pneumonia patches so he told me call 104 and do a Corona report.

I am from ahmedabad.

Back