Got my apple iphone 4 factory unlocked

@deep_nx

I am getting it from Apple Canada website through a friend. Thats the only store that still has any pieces left, otherwise it is out of stock everywhere else.

@phoenix i am doing the same thing too n prolly get it to india from my aunt ... remember its not just 649$ but +13% sales tax is also applicable over the website price ;) and u dont get international warranty too

deep_nx said:
@phoenix i am doing the same thing too n prolly get it to india from my aunt ... remember its not just 649$ but +13% sales tax is also applicable over the website price ;) and u dont get international warranty too
You know what? Thanks for telling me that. I was all happy about paying $650. Only thing making me go the Canada way is the factory unlocked phone. I should check out eBay USA for better deals on locked phones and then unlock them myself. Might work out to be cheaper that way.

EDIT: Also there won't be any warranty for a phone bought in Canada, even though I am in the US. Damn!

thank you ... all for ur wonderfull comments .Using it for the past 16 hrs not encountered any issue with signal reception n all which was reported with iphone earlier . Must be with the new set of pieces when it was first launch but its working absolutely fine . No call Drop felt nuthing at all. Man one thing i would like to say used so many touch screen phone but when u hold this apple iphone 4 u really feel that u holding something spectacular in ur hand and thats apple :) that i have already felt it in apple and blackberry

anks22402 said:
thank you ... all for ur wonderfull comments .Using it for the past 16 hrs not encountered any issue with signal reception n all which was reported with iphone earlier . Must be with the new set of pieces when it was first launch but its working absolutely fine . No call Drop felt nuthing at all. Man one thing i would like to say used so many touch screen phone but when u hold this apple iphone 4 u really feel that u holding something spectacular in ur hand and thats apple :) that i have already felt it in apple and blackberry

what about warranty?

phoenix844884 said:
You know what? Thanks for telling me that. I was all happy about paying $650. Only thing making me go the Canada way is the factory unlocked phone. I should check out eBay USA for better deals on locked phones and then unlock them myself. Might work out to be cheaper that way.

EDIT: Also there won't be any warranty for a phone bought in Canada, even though I am in the US. Damn!
Ur welcome mate i thout u are Phoenix from INDIA ... anyways ... its quite expensive on Ebay too ive chkd both the ebay US and the Canada website

ill wait for the iphone 4 to launch in india till november end ... as im quite content with my current iphone 2g

@UDIT ... i thout so it wud b WO warranty

@Anks still chk ur phone Serial no online to c if u hv any warranty

anks22402 said:
what is the link to check or warranty status and please help in finding a good case for iphone.. not able to get anywhere.. plase advice..
https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

anks where do u live ? ... have a FB id or sumthing ?? PM me

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

anks22402 said:
what is the link to check or warranty status and please help in finding a good case for iphone.. not able to get anywhere.. plase advice..
https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

anks where do u live ? ... have a FB id or sumthing ?? PM me

RamPagE said:
Congrats mate !!

You wont be able to claim warranty in India, as iPhone is sold as locked by Airtel/ Vodafone in India.
U wont get the full warranty ... anyways the warranty of iphone sux and they dont cover many physical damages !!! so its kinda pointless .... but the apple center provide all kinds of service for ur phone no matter where u purchased it from

Back