Graphic Cards Got myself a 7950. Thoughts.

Last email:
We are glad to confirm you once again that we have already initiated a refund of Rs.22456/- to your bank account on February 07, 2013. However, due to the standard banking procedures, this amount will reflect in your account by February 15, 2013. If the amount is not credited as mentioned above, please notify us and we will ensure the issue is resolved. We are glad to inform you that we have issued a wallet refund of Rs.1500/- to your flipkart account on February 07, 2013.

Non sense, they kept sending me the same mails for over 2 months, every time they had some or the other excuse. In today's age, NEFT takes seconds not 7 days. Why dont you pick up the phone and tell them now that the card is available, please give me a replacement.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought they have improved but they are the same :O

Non sense, they kept sending me the same mails for over 2 months, every time they had some or the other excuse. In today's age, NEFT takes seconds not 7 days. Why dont you pick up the phone and tell them now that the card is available, please give me a replacement.

Not possible, they say, the bank has already been handed over the payment.

For when I order the card again, would it be possible to know the serial number of gpu beforehand? I would hate to have the same gpu mailed to me, accidentally or otherwise.

Packaging was very average. A brown flipkart box containing the sapphire box which as in your case looked like it was opened up. Everything inside was new though you could tell. Import date was January 2013.

Dont have any benchmarking software but used some of the games inbuilt ones,:

Arkham City -GOTY (Min 46, Max 176, and Avg 96) at highest settings with Vsync off
Hitman Absolution (Min 26, Max 80, and Avg 31) at highest settings with Vsync off

The card was picked up by the courier today, they refunded the amount after I sent them an email after the pickup. Now just waiting for the Vapor-X to become available again.

And, The Pain, I'd like to see some of your benchmarks. :) Also, how was the packaging in your case?

@The Pain was planning on getting the card u bought. i am getting Hitman Absolution (Min 30, Max 40, and Avg 35) at highest settings with Vsync off with a 5870 now i think i have to save up for a 7970 or wait for a 8970

Last edited by a moderator:
The Pain was planning on getting the card u bought. i am getting Hitman Absolution (Min 30, Max 40, and Avg 35) at highest settings with Vsync off with a 5870 now i think i have to save up for a 7970 or wait for a 8970

Thats great psdatta, This must also depend on the CPU's ablilities as well. I run an AMD phenom II x4 970 at stock 3.5ghz. Some info on the link below

Hitman: Absolution GPU/CPU Performance Review > CPU Performance - TechSpot

Experts your thoughts plz.?

Received the entire amount on the 9th of Feb. I'm considering putting in Rs 2500 more and getting a Gigabyte 670.

One game I forgot to mention was Skyrim which gave abysmal performance when maxxed out, frequently dropping to the low 30s at the introductory scene itself. I think The Pain can corroborate this.

Glad you got your money back with more than decent TAT. What happened about the 1500 voucher or coupon that you had. did they refund that as well?Dont have skyrim atm

Back