Got yourself a spanking new console and need some help? Head here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Got yourself a spanking new console and need some help? Head here!

How much will a new slim ps3 cost if purchasd from a sony outlet.As lets buy gives one for 16.1k lowest and somewhere on ebay you can get one for 15.8k.Thats why the pricing seems confusing.

They will sell at mrp only, in the rarest of cases will give 100-200rs discount or a free gift like a bag or something.

Check flipkart, the sony people have the same prices as them.NO DISCOUNT :p

@Funjabi Hmm.. Actually wanted to do that only but i never managed to find a good deal for UC1 initially , could not resist myself frm playing UC2 till i got a UC1 :).UC3 surely will be playing got a 10/10 on IGN , what more can i ask for :p.

@Rajveer Everyone likes playing games serially :).So do I but availability was a issue .

UC1 is not that great especially after you have played UC2 now start playing UC3 ;-)

UC2 is the best of the lot :)

Anyways I think we shud keep this thread for console related queries only, not for gaming discussions :)

akshay3 said:
hey guys...
i have a 320gb ps3 slim

it works fine with my samsung plasma 50" hdtv(hdmi cable)
it works fine with my sony crt tv(av cables)

it shows a black screen with my viewsonic va2226w monitor(hdmi to dvi cable)

my monitor is hdcp compliant according to d website Viewsonic » VA2226w 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor

also when i connect my hdmi to dvi cable(to monitor) and av cables(crt tv) at the same time and reset the display settings(2 beeps)...it shows HDMI CONNECTION DETECTED on my crt...if i press YES...monitor on both sides goes blank...there is some signal but its not showing!!!

also the biggest proof that it shoud work is this video...i have the same monitor as in this video...where am i going wrong??? ‪PS3 with Viewsonic 22" LCD Monitor VA2226w 1080p HD‬‏ - YouTube

btw i have a hdmi to dvi dual link cable??? should i hav bought a single link???
pl any suggestions would help me a lot!

thanks

i am having same prob, my HP w1707 LCD [HDCP compatible] is not showing any display when i use HDMI to DVI cable

should i buy a regular HDMI cable and use this converter on LCD ?

DVI-D 24+1 Male to HDMI Female Adapter converter | eBay

UC1 is not that great especially after you have played UC2 now start playing UC3 ;-)

UC1 was a bit boring and i hated those creatures. UC2 i liked a lot. Infact i finished it in 4 long sittings as i was very much into the game. Will get CFW working UC3 by Jan End
<
So will try that.

My girlfriend recently bought me an XBOX 360 and it came with a Kinect. I'm wondering what games I should buy. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Gears of War Series

Alan Wake

Batman Arkham City

Halo Series

Assassins Creed Series

I'm getting a JBed PS3 from a fellow TE member.

I have no idea about gaming.

So, noob questions!

1. Since it is JBed already, does it have any mechanism to avoid online connectivity.. FW updates, etc.? Any words of caution, please? (Can I d/l demos, use online services as well inspite of the JB?)

2. JB-ed means, it has got a CFW 3.55, and a manager like Gaia or Multiman, right? Anything else, some basic technicalities I should know?

3. I want to buy another controller.. Are these Amigo wireless controllers reliable?

1. No you can't go online

2. Multiman is the way to go , its nothing but a launcher to boot unsigned code i.e games

3. Why not the legit PS3 controller ?

Thanks for the replies.

1. No you can't go online

2. Multiman is the way to go , its nothing but a launcher to boot unsigned code i.e games

3. Why not the legit PS3 controller ?

1. Can't or shouldn't?

3. I'm planning on getting a Move as well, very soon. So, I don't want a 10k bill for The Move Starter Kit+Move Controller+Dualshock Controller. Any ideas on saving money?

1. Shouldn't if you try to go online it will ask for firmware update.

3. I don't have move neither know any deals on it , rather get the move from TP section

Dont buy that AMIGO shit, my friend bought it and he is not at all satisfied!

If your case is that, you need 2 players only for like once in a month etc, then its ok but if you play multiplayer every weekend etc, then buy a sony one, amigo one doesnt have that same finesse and feel of a genuine controller.

No fun in playing with it.

BTW, does FIFA 12 work on CFW 3.55 or it requires an upgrade? (Same with NFS HP2). Please let me know quickly!

Dont buy that AMIGO shit, my friend bought it and he is not at all satisfied!

If your case is that, you need 2 players only for like once in a month etc, then its ok but if you play multiplayer every weekend etc, then buy a sony one, amigo one doesnt have that same finesse and feel of a genuine controller.

No fun in playing with it.

Thanks buddy. Noted.

Anybody ever given their PS3 Slim at the Sony service center?

Whats the turnover time like? Also do they, just return the same unit back or do they actually replace it?

I mean if the games are randomly freezing after a while, do they extensively test the console? or do they carelessly return it?

A friend needs this info
<

Region : New Delhi/ NCR/ NOIDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back