Budget 31-40k GPU for 1440p gaming

I have ASUS TUF card and I do not see any stickers on screws. Check GN's teardown of 3080 TUF OC and there are no stickers as such. They will not honor warranty if you changed anything in the card (thermal pads, cooler etc).

Exclusions from this limited Warranty Service:

(a) The Product has been tampered with, repaired and/or modified by non-authorized personnel;

(c) The warranty seals have been broken or altered;

What exactly is the warranty seal that is mentioned in ASUS's T&C.
I had a Asus TUF 3070 too and my card did have a sticker on one screw. I wanted to change the pad, but did not to maintain warranty. Got it RMAd just recently due to high temps (most probably dried up thermal paste) and receieved a 3070 Ti in return. This one does not have any stickers. It's not brand new but repaired/refreshed one. Thermal fins and shroud are all new, but pcb seems old.

If you check all that and everything looks okay, how does it matter whether it was mined or not?
If a card is more than a year old, there is 99% chance it was mined on. Only a rare gamer would have paid that much surcharge on MSRP and then not mined.
Most people who got those cards for absurd prices did mine crypto. But if all the tests turn out fine, it should not matter.
Any mined card especially having gddr6x memory will have degraded thermal pads as gddr6x tends to get hot pretty fast which then causes thermal throttling and mined cards will have a degrades ones even if it was mined 6 months. But if card is billed single then just have those tests done then take it and then afterwards do RMA as service centers started asking for bills earlier and would reject for RMA if there were multiple cards in single bill.....otherwise buy any mined card if they are cheaper.

I need to upgrade my GPU. Target resolution is 1440p. Budget is about 40k but can stretch to 50k if so required. Looking at the prices on pcpricetracker, 3060 Ti is available for about 38k, 3070 for 45k and 3070 Ti for 50k. On AMD side, I found 6750 XT on sale for about 38k, which seems to be better than 3060 Ti and comparable to 3070.

Is this GIGABYTE RX 6750 XT GAMING OC for 38k a good deal? Or should I stretch my budget a bit and get a 3070?
If you are not in a hurry, iam sure you can find used 3070's under 30k with decent enough warranty here,avoid 3070ti as its consumes 100w extra power to give 5 extra FPS as compared to 3070,personally i would grab a used card which either has been recently rma'd or recently bought.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

6750XT is a solid card that matches 3070 ti in non ray tracing performance. It also costs 12k-14k lower. If you are not keen on ray tracing, get the red card.

Personally 12-14k seems like a poor investment for barely usable ray tracing. From my googling it seems for proper RT usage a 3080 is pretty much required.

As a 3070 owner myself, I can't use RT in games like Cyberpunk or Spiderman as former is heavy & latter dips fps below 50 many times. At current price of 45k, 3070 doesn't look enticing enough. 3070Ti is a rip off, easy (would have been a different case if it had 10GB VRAM). FH5 at extreme 1440p runs out of VRAM after 10-15mins of gaming on my 3070, so have to keep its texture quality at high (might be an optimisation issue of the game as well).

So take 3060Ti/6700XT for 35k, else 6750XT at 38k is also worth it. If you can go beyond 50k, 6800XT is 58k or so many times.

Yeah leaning towards the 6750 XT right now, seems better performance than the 3060 Ti at almost the same price.

Any mined card especially having gddr6x memory will have degraded thermal pads as gddr6x tends to get hot pretty fast which then causes thermal throttling and mined cards will have a degrades ones even if it was mined 6 months. But if card is billed single then just have those tests done then take it and then afterwards do RMA as service centers started asking for bills earlier and would reject for RMA if there were multiple cards in single bill.....otherwise buy any mined card if they are cheaper.

The issue with used cards, other than requiring a lot of knowledge and time to properly test it, is questions about the authenticity of the seller / bill always remain. Also nagging worries like what if my RMA is rejected because I missed something in buying the card?

Slightly digressing from the OP's question but still relevant I believe - Between Asrock, Gigabyte and Sapphire, which brand would you guys choose for after sales support?

Sorry if off-topic, but here I am, sipping on AMD RX 570 aka fine wine lol. It runs Halo at 1080p low ~50 fps, but with freesync monitor its not that noticable. Currently playing Far Cry 6, and the 4 GB VRAM is noticable as I have drop the textures, but else it works just fine. If you need something which just runs games at 1080p, this is still a great option. FSR also gives decent performance uplift at cost of visual fidelity. I turn it on and sit a bit far away from my monitor XD

Unless you are doing some AI / video editing a used last-gen midranger should be decent. Depending on your monitor size and resolution, you could resolution scale based on performance, and have only slight loss in visuals. At least that's been my experience.

Sorry if off-topic, but here I am, sipping on AMD RX 570 aka fine wine lol. It runs Halo at 1080p low ~50 fps, but with freesync monitor its not that noticable. Currently playing Far Cry 6, and the 4 GB VRAM is noticable as I have drop the textures, but else it works just fine. If you need something which just runs games at 1080p, this is still a great option. FSR also gives decent performance uplift at cost of visual fidelity. I turn it on and sit a bit far away from my monitor XD

Unless you are doing some AI / video editing a used last-gen midranger should be decent. Depending on your monitor size and resolution, you could resolution scale based on performance, and have only slight loss in visuals. At least that's been my experience.
Its good that you are satisfied with your GPU, I personally have been a laptop gamer for 10 years till last year when I jumped to a 3070 rig. Recommending a weaker GPU to someone looking for a 1440p GPU & has the money to spend is like asking someone who is interested in buying a big Scorpio but recommending them an i10 because both can seat 5 people inside :p

Thanks for your help guys, ordered the Gigabyte RX 6750 XT from Vedant. Hopefully gets delivered soon :)

I have a GTX 970 for last 7 years, Bought it to play Witcher 3, somehow didn't get around to playing it. Now planning to play the next gen version with new GPU :).

I play games at 1440p - typically getting 40 fps at medium settings in most games. Currently playing RDR2 @ 30 fps on medium. But now its time to finally move on - even Frostpunk drops to 20 FPS sometimes :(.

Thanks for your help guys, ordered the Gigabyte RX 6750 XT from Vedant. Hopefully gets delivered soon :)

I have a GTX 970 for last 7 years, Bought it to play Witcher 3, somehow didn't get around to playing it. Now planning to play the next gen version with new GPU :).

I play games at 1440p - typically getting 40 fps at medium settings in most games. Currently playing RDR2 @ 30 fps on medium. But now its time to finally move on - even Frostpunk drops to 20 FPS sometimes :(.
Start recording video when you extend your hand to collect the package and do unboxing in one video. Make sure that your video clearly shows seals and package. This is necessary to make sure that, in case, you get a brick (literally a brick), you have proof that it was tampered with by courier or someone internal in Vedant.

I am sorry for the offtopic reply but can you suggest me some good places to get a used GPU. There aren't many ads here and I hate olx.
JD secondhand components is also a good place to buy. do the admin method only. as for shared fees based for seller. 50% - 50%. fees is 1% of the deal.

Back