Graphic Cards Graphic card buying advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Chiragthakur
Yes both MSI 6850 cyclone as well as MSI 6950 will fit easily in Gamma. Please tell me your system details. 6850 will easily work with coolermaster extreme power 550 but I wont recommend you to run a 6950 with this PSU. Actually I have heard pretty bad reviews about the budget CM psu's. If you want to lean towards Nvidia, then GTX560 Ti is the best option which performs well over 6870 but marginally less than 6950.

Actually I misquoted, I have a 650W CoolerMaster extreme plus PSU. When I bought it I was in a hurry since my old generic PSU had died. I was actually looking for Corsair, but couldnt find one in Vashi and didnt have time to go to Lamington road. 650W is way oversized for my system actually, which is C2D E4500/A-bit IP-35/Nvidia 8400GS/2 WD HDDs. But I thought since I couldnt get corsair/seasonic, I'd go for the highest rated CM available so as to avoid underpowering the system.

So now, can I run the GTX560 Ti(I am looking at the MSI Twin Frozr II GTX560 Ti) or the R6950 (MSI TF III R6950) with this coolermaster 650W extreme power plus PSU?

Yes you can ... :)

axis said:
@Chiragthakur

Actually I misquoted, I have a 650W CoolerMaster extreme plus PSU. When I bought it I was in a hurry since my old generic PSU had died. I was actually looking for Corsair, but couldnt find one in Vashi and didnt have time to go to Lamington road. 650W is way oversized for my system actually, which is C2D E4500/A-bit IP-35/Nvidia 8400GS/2 WD HDDs. But I thought since I couldnt get corsair/seasonic, I'd go for the highest rated CM available so as to avoid underpowering the system.

So now, can I run the GTX560 Ti(I am looking at the MSI Twin Frozr II GTX560 Ti) or the R6950 (MSI TF III R6950) with this coolermaster 650W extreme power plus PSU?

Whats your budget or have you freezed onto GT520 or 5450??

There no point in spending more and getting new generation card for an HTPC setup, rather I would suggest to get some old generation card at much low price or even an used card can do it for you. As far as your choice goes, I would get my hands on GT520.. Or 6450 would be a good choice since it has UVD 3 engine and so image quality is a lot better.

Max budget is 3K.This HTPC is used with XBMC and SAGE TV.No use for gaming.I earlier used an Asus 5850,later switched to onboard graphics.The mother board is Asus 68T LM Nvidia. No affinity towards ATI or NVIDIA.Best card within 3K.

Placed an order for ASUS 6450.Thank you all.
But why everyone prefers ATI6450 over GT520? Any ideas?Most reviews put ATI 6450 on par with GT520.Any ideas???

6450 is better. It gives great image quality .. Even you can play games at decent reso and settings :)

What you have ordered is definitely worth.. Its a good card.. Believe me... :)

Edit : Where did you find GT520 for 2.9K?? If its so, then get Gt520 at 2.9K :p

Hi fellas, my 8800GT is on its dead bed :(, so i am looking for a new one. Suggest one that is similar or better then 8800GT, i prefer Nvidia

If your prefer Nvidia then my suggestion would be ASUS GTX550 Ti direct CU... Which PSU are you using??

CA50 said:
Hi fellas, my 8800GT is on its dead bed :(, so i am looking for a new one. Suggest one that is similar or better then 8800GT, i prefer Nvidia

^ EDIT: need one that outperforms 8800 series and kindly quote the price as well, thanks for the response

OK.. Then I have no option but to suggest you AMD card.. Sapphire 5670 DDR5 512mb at 4.1K or 5670 DDR5 1gb at 4.7K... But I still think its close to 8800gt at higher resolutions.. You need to stretch to 6670 @ 5.1K to get better performance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back