Graphic Cards Graphic card buying advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you dude i guess ill wait till the price of 6850 to come down other wise ill get a 7XXX series card :(

Screw you nvidia for not coming up with anything better than your GTX550

Re: Graphic card buying advice needed

Budget 3.5-4k

Current rig Specs
CPU AMD X2 ATHLON 5000+ 2.6GHz
Motherboard M3A78-EM
RAM 2GB DDR2
Monitor DELL 2030IN (1600*900)

Which PSU/SMPS will you be using? Rating + Brand

Currently have Glacial Stars 350W SMPS. If upgrade is needed plz tell

Primary use Casual gaming, Movies

What resolution do you game on? 1600*900

Interested in Crossfire/SLI? No

Open to both Nvidia/ATI? Yes, if there is no conflict in using NVidia graphics card, else ATI only

SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5670-4k/Sapphire HD 6670 1GB GDDR5-5.4k,you should upgrade the psu to FSP Saga II 400w-1.9k

Budget - as low as possible. no gaming at all.

Current rig Specs

CPU AMD x4960T / 1040x6 Thuban - zosma

ASUS Crosshair IV = 890 FX

DDRR 2 x 4GB Dominator 1600 MHz

Monitor Asus VH202 TFT

Which PSU/SMPS will you be using? Rating + Brand _ corsair 650

Primary use Casual gaming, Movies

What resolution do you game on? 1600*900

Open to both Nvidia/ATI? No ATI only.

At least get sapphire hd6770-6.7k for mid graphic setting at that reso.For high graphic+AA go for MSI cyclone hd6850-9.5k,if you can stretch the budget to 13k or more then here are the options-

MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC-13.7k

Sapphire toxic 6950 2gb/msi twin frozriii 6950 2gb-15.5k

These are future proof in case you want to jump to full hd reso.

Guys,

I've decided to 'upgrade' my GPU and monitor, so waiting for suggestions based on the below requirements:

Budget 15k for monitor + GPU

Current rig Specs
Intel E2180 2.0 ghz
Motherboard: Gigabyte G31m-s2l Specs
RAM 2GB DDR2
Samsung Old CRT 17" (dont recall the model number)

Which PSU/SMPS will you be using? Rating + Brand
Already have VIP 400W Gold ( i think, had upgraded in 2007, so dont recall)
Primary use
a) Casual gaming (Sports games, RTS, Crysis types FPS/TPS - occasionally)
b) Movies - 1080p through the HDD or by connecting my Asus O! Player
c) TV - planning to get a tata sky HD box if thats possible.

What resolution do you game on? currently am not gaming at all, but used to at 1440*900 on my lappie which went bust.

Open to both Nvidia/ATI? Yup.

I was initially going to upgrade my entire rig, but then since I generally play only sports based and RTS games (will play Crysis etc occasionally), thought lets check if I can manage that without spending too much.
Let me know if the details given are enough....

Also, I have a spare PS2 lying with me which I'd like to use with this monitor, so what kind of cable/box would I require for it?

Need more specifications:
1.Resolution you want to run(although you said 1080p for movies) is it 1080 or 1200?
2. Which panel(TN or IPS)
The most run resolution is 1080p right now...you may want to buy a 1200 resolution monitor for future. I'm afraid you have to go with the previous generation GPU since the processor may bottleneck your GPU and even the PSU should be changed to atleast 500W to run a GPU like GTX 260.
These are my recommendations:
1.LG-E2360V(23" LED) or LG-E2290v(22" SuperLED)--both 1080P---(LG--known for its best service and good warranty)
2.Samsung-S23A300B(23" LED) OR S24A300B(24" LED)--1080P
3.Dell UltraSharp U2312HM(IPS Panel donot know the cost)

Graphics Card: You make consider buying the GTX-200 series card or 9800GT card--both series of cards perform well...

It is better if he opts for GTX-200 Series card because the CPU will definitely bottleneck your GPU....the performance difference from 8800GT to GTX-200 series GPU is noticeable...I hope you understand by bottleneck(no offense) you can definitely upgrade your GPU to a 6850 or something else but the performance of the 6850 will be restricted due to the CPU's inability to utilize the card to 100% efficiency........

all of those monitors cost around 13k mate, my overall budget is 15k :)

any other monitor recommendations?

Edit: Hows a Benq G2420HD? Should be future proof, right?

I have a dead eVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition bought from the US exactly 2 years ago, so can that be RMA'ed here?

Also will a GTX 200 series card satisfy my requirements or is it better to upgrade my Motherboard, CPU etc ? (want to avoid that for now)

Please suggest guys....

I think you should get a new cpu+mobo+psu if you are going for full hd monitor,your cpu will bottleneck the performance of the gpu.

How about a GTX 260 and how much would it cost me?

I'm ok with lowering the res while gaming, but it should be enough to power movies at 1080p, right?

Also, is there a component to HDMI connector through which I can connect my Ps2 to the monitor?

If you want high performance better Upgrade your whole setup(CPU+Motherboard+GPU+PSU)...sorry i thought that budget is only for your monitor.....the GTX 260 is a good performer....consider the brands which have their RMA centres in India or at your place....MSI products are better these days(no idea of the cost).....and coming to the monitor you can choose monitor according to your budget either a 21" or 22" LED which costs not more than 8K....which ever monitor you buy see that you have the best after sales service and not to forget the warranty(LG 3 Years,Samsung,Dell 1 year)......I found LG to be the best and suggested it......the monitor you suggested is good and future proof but I have never know How Best BENQ can provide after sales service..........

I think it is ok with the CPu because he's not going with the new gen GPU's...I have had the C2DUO and GTS 250 before and hardly had any bottleneck issues........both the C2DUO's and GTX 260 will fit well....but the PSU should be upgraded(if <500 W)

guys please suggest a gpu for me within 3000 rs. Purpose is to watch movies and sometimes play some games.

my onboard vga is not working. so want to get a new gpu.

config: phenom II x4 940

biostar ta790gxe +128

SMPS: VIP gold 500W

ram : 4gb 800 mhz

Already suggested him 6450, but he PMed me that he wants for light gaming too, so a 5670 for 4k or a 9600gt like second hard card below 3K would be best choice.. If not then gt520

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back