Grid demo out

vishalrao said:
ummm, from where did you folks download the demo?

i downloaded the grid_demo.zip file from 2 places (gamershell.com and gameupdates.org) and i got an error while trying to unzip with 7-zip and WinZip :(

Torrent is your friend. :)

ya gameupdates.org was a torrent and gamershell.com was direct, both zips gave the same problem... will download from OP's first post link...

played the demo...it was hard.... i kept crashing or spinningout.. the drift mode is insane as well.. the controls are so difficult.. i guess im just one of those who love arcade racing.. :p

redscorpion_11 said:
played the demo...it was hard.... i kept crashing or spinningout.. the drift mode is insane as well.. the controls are so difficult.. i guess im just one of those who love arcade racing.. :p

i too was not able to play it, but after some practice it was easy :)

completed all races expect drift in extreme difficulty :) ...i just cannot beat drift even on easy :no:

Slightly OT, but that Youtube video that was posted was simply hilarious ! I just couldn't help laughing and my neighbour in office was wondering what 'work' I was doing.

not that hard :hap2: :hap2: multiplayer :)

GRID2008-05-2823-20-51-15-1.jpg

OT : yeah after practicing a bit even i cleared the other circuit races.. but drift is so damm hard.. i just cant get hang of it.. how do u do it.. is there any trick??

dingemini312 said:
this reloaded version is nuked (bad crack)...

wait for the vitality crack to arrive...

most probably it will be there by june 3 :)

the crack works..... just not the way the scene wanted it too, but they unnuked it

[NUKE][Race.Driver.GRID-RELOADED]

[vm.not.cracked.but.emulated_reloaded.read.cracktutorial.for.securom.on.accessroot.com]

[UNNUKE][Race.Driver.GRID-RELOADED][show.me.a.rule.which.forbirds.emulated.vm]

almost finished downloading it :D

tejo said:
the crack works..... just not the way the scene wanted it too, but they unnuked it

[NUKE][Race.Driver.GRID-RELOADED]
[vm.not.cracked.but.emulated_reloaded.read.cracktutorial.for.securom.on.accessroot.com]
[UNNUKE][Race.Driver.GRID-RELOADED][show.me.a.rule.which.forbirds.emulated.vm]

almost finished downloading it :D

but you cannot play online with nuked version ..:bleh:

talking about the demo, doh, using winrar worked when 7zip and winzip failed to unzip the .zip file :) good thing i didnt delete and re-download for the THIRD time!

summary:

awesome graphics, smooth as silk 35-45 FPS at 1920x1200 on my Q6600 with 8800GT :)

even tho it's hard to drive, i feel its a bit "arcade-ish" but good fun nonetheless.

tip: in the graphics settings, you press SHIFT to go advanced then the last option is to reduce damage level :) dont know why they put it in gfx options... but i still managed to lose my door and front bumper while mixing it up in a race :)

best part of all is watching the full replay (cinematic tv coverage like) after you retire from the race...

good stuff...

so 2 games i might actually buy are Crysis and GRID :p

vishalrao said:
tip: in the graphics settings, you press SHIFT to go advanced then the last option is to reduce damage level :) dont know why they put it in gfx options... but i still managed to lose my door and front bumper while mixing it up in a race :)

i think thats the damage you see on your car,the real damage indicators are near the speed dial that go from light green to red as you bump more and more.

omg the viper handles so well!!!, i cant get multiplayer to work :( it says no internet conn detected???

edit: here r some screens, cldt take while driving, took from replay, they r in jpeg so doesn't show real quality...

Back