GSkill PI Blacks 2x2GB kit @ $44.99 at Newegg

junkiedogg said:
Well, it sure won't bottleneck my CPU oc'ing. I can easily run it at 1:1 and still get a good overclock on my E7400.
As for RAM OC'ing, I intend to take it to maybe 900 or 950 max. Since I am more into gaming than benching. :) .
Also even thought I maybe able to easily raise the volts to 2.3V, lower voltage = lower temps .. right?
You dont get it my friend. by oc'ing i meant running the rams at speeds not less than 1100 Mhz at 5-5-5-15 etc. timings. not this ram mind you, but other o/c friendly rams.
and E7300/E7400 i.e. cpu's with high multipliers (9x,10x ..) are ideal to use with this ram since you can get relatively high cpu speeds (3.6Ghz ~ 4.0Ghz) at 1:1 with this memory at relatively low timings of 4-4-4-12.
and on this memory it is really futile to go above say 1.95V vDimm since very rarely i have seen people get more than 950Mhz out of this ram on a daily use basis (not benching). so i suggest you stick to the safe limits of 1.90V ~ 2.0V max vDimm.

Gunman said:
Is there any mention anywhere of that? Seems like G.Skill was hesitant enough to mention the chips used in the PI Blacks. IIRC I read on the XS forums, the G.Skill rep himself denied to reveal those. Neither can u read/predict it from the chips with the naked eye. :p
What difference does it really make whether it is powerchips, qimondo, elpida, micron samsung, hynix etc....are you gonna send dangerously high voltages through it just to check which ram chips these modules have?
if Amey says it is powerchips then it is powerchips. period. atleast for me.

Hi All,

What abt this offer in newegg???

OCZ Platinum 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model OCZ3P1333LV12GS - Retail

Link: Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Cas Latency: 7
Timing: 7-7-7-20
Voltage: 1.65V
Multi-channel Kit: Triple Channel Kit
Heat Spreader: Yes
Recommend Use: High Performance or Gaming Memory
Parts: Lifetime limited
Labor: Lifetime limited
Model #: OCZ3P1333LV12GS
Item #: N82E16820227401
Return Policy: Limited Non-Refundable 30-Day Return Policy
Your Price:$215.99

Isn't this exciting considering DDR3 pricing currently?

Any PMs to KMS ??? :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

BTW junkiedogg & other guys,
I had received PM from KMD for depositing the money etc...subsequently i had pm'ed him back that instead of making 50% payment as advance etc...i would like to make 100% payment in ADVANCE. (since this saves me the hassle of depositing money twice and saves me Rs.25/- for the same). i had requested for the bank details but have not received any message from him since. i have even sent him a reminder PM.
can any of you guys who have confirmed this order update me on the status of this deal.?

ps: previously i had purchased 1 kit from him of this same ram. now want to go 2x4GB=8GB.

obama said:
BTW junkiedogg & other guys,
I had received PM from KMD for depositing the money etc...subsequently i had pm'ed him back that instead of making 50% payment as advance etc...i would like to make 100% payment in ADVANCE. (since this saves me the hassle of depositing money twice and saves me Rs.25/- for the same). i had requested for the bank details but have not received any message from him since. i have even sent him a reminder PM.
can any of you guys who have confirmed this order update me on the status of this deal.?

ps: previously i had purchased 1 kit from him of this same ram. now want to go 2x4GB=8GB.

buddy see his status, hes not been online since march 5 :no:
i have my order of this ram + other items pending with him

but he'll pm u back when he's here, but u gotta be patient

Sidhu_21 said:
buddy see his status, hes not been online since march 5 :no:

i have my order of this ram + other items pending with him
but he'll pm u back when he's here, but u gotta be patient

oh i have lots of patience, just checking whether KMD is alive and kicking thats all:cool2: .

obama said:
oh i have lots of patience, just checking whether KMD is alive and kicking thats all:cool2: .

yea man definately, hes been kicking all day today. see his status, he's private messaging for the last 5-6 hours.

im expecting a reply to my message today :rofl:

must thank junkiedogg for this, this is where the new reputation system hurts.

I am wholeheatedly thankful for the deal, the coordination displayed. Till the new reputations are in place a big "THANK YOU" :)

The price is still same on NewEgg so i guess the deal is still on. Not crapping the thread, but the same RAMs are available locally as well (Mumbai) for 500bux more with 5yrs warranty and 3days RMA time. In case of KMD if something goes wrong u need to pay 800bux more + the time to get it to US and get it back... i guess such deal is worth 500bux more locally. It was good from KMD, when this ram was xpensive here ie. 4.5k and above, not now.

Review Image » A-DATA Plus-Series DDR2 800 2 x 2GB Review - Overclockers Club
1.htm

Review Image » A-DATA Plus-Series DDR2 800 2 x 2GB Review - Overclockers Club
6.htm

Back