PC Peripherals GSkill RAM warranty procedure

Aparajith

Disciple
Hi all,

I am currently using G-Skill F3-12800CL8 2GB*3 tri channel RAM on Gigabyte EX58-UD5 mobo. Off late I was experiencing lot of system failures with BS0D. I ran memtest and found issues as follows: [attachment=9306:15963.attach]. This does seem to be an issue with the RAM. I contacted G-Skill and they are asking me to send it across to Taiwan after filling out the RMA form. Is this the only way to claim Warranty? Are there no distributors/retailers here who can do it? Am not sure how much hassle prone it might be to send it to Taiwan and get a package back clearing the customs. Can someone help me on this? Thanks!

Attachments

• 2011-08-29 22.58.30.jpg
    2011-08-29 22.58.30.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 337
If the RAM was purchased officially in India, I am sure you can get it RMA'ed locally. Otherwise you will have to send it back to Taiwan :)

Contact G.Skill first than convince them to get you replaced the stick from Titupati India. Hence Tirupati is their - G.Skill- distributor in India :)

Hi all,

I successfully shipped my RAM to G-Skill, Taiwan and claimed the warranty. The RAM has been shipped back. and the status on the EMS site is as follows:

ITEM no: EE660375934TW

Local Date and Time Country Location Event Type Extra Information

9/23/2011 6:46:00 PM TAIWAN, PROVINCE OF CHINA 100561 Receive item from customer (Otb)

9/24/2011 8:23:00 AM TAIWAN, PROVINCE OF CHINA TAIPEI INT AMF Insert item into bag (Otb)

9/27/2011 8:38:00 AM INDIA MUMBAI EMS Receive item at office of exchange (Inb)

9/27/2011 9:10:00 AM INDIA MUMBAI EMS Send item to customs (Inb)

9/28/2011 12:06:00 PM INDIA CHENNAI EMS Record item customs information (Inb) Retention reason : Other

9/29/2011 5:19:00 PM INDIA CHENNAI EMS Return item from customs (Inb)

Does the above status mean it has been returned and is on its way to my address? And what do the details Inb, Otb mean? Has any one had any experience similar experience ?

Send item to customs - Item was sent to customs department . If cleared on the spot , the package moves out to the main Post office .

Retention reason : Other - If the custom officer handling the clearing feels the package needs further inspection by opening the box etc. He sends it to another department for the same . Here usually the package is opened and contents checked.

Return item from customs (Inb) - Package has returned from the department which inspects the product . Probably already cleared by now and on your way :)

You will most probably receive the product in 3-5 working days .

Usually I prefer to send stuff to taiwan, specially small things as the warranty service is usually on the spot, without any issues. I have found claiming warranty in India to be more painful. Usually, sending to and fro and all other things considered, I get back my stuff between a week and 10 days.

Thanks people. The status got updated today to:

9/30/2011 3:08:00 AM INDIA CHENNAI EMS Send item to domestic location (Inb)

So I guess its on its way.

@Emperor: It would have costed around 70 to send it buy Speed Post. I did not get proper details on Documents to enclose for this product to clear customs from my Post Office. So chose FedEX, the cheapest of the International Couriers. It cost 2K. If I have to send something again, it will be Speed Post as I know the docs required to do international Courier.

Aparajith said:
Thanks people. The status got updated today to:

9/30/2011 3:08:00 AM INDIA CHENNAI EMS Send item to domestic location (Inb)

So I guess its on its way.

@Emperor: It would have costed around 70 to send it buy Speed Post. I did not get proper details on Documents to enclose for this product to clear customs from my Post Office. So chose FedEX, the cheapest of the International Couriers. It cost 2K. If I have to send something again, it will be Speed Post as I know the docs required to do international Courier.

How if with help of mods & other experience TE members you create STICKY thread on "How to do International Courier via Speed Post" will help lot to every one.

PS: I don't have any international RMA at present. Just curious to know how all thing (paper work & shipping & receiving) works.

I have bought the ram from smc new delhi and there seems a problem with ram because i am getting a lot of random shut downs !! should i contact SMC or even i have to ship it to taiwan ?

Hi all,

I successfully shipped my RAM to G-Skill, Taiwan and claimed the warranty. The RAM has been shipped back. and the status on the EMS site is as follows:

ITEM no: EE660375934TW

Local Date and Time Country Location Event Type Extra Information

9/23/2011 6:46:00 PM TAIWAN, PROVINCE OF CHINA 100561 Receive item from customer (Otb)

9/24/2011 8:23:00 AM TAIWAN, PROVINCE OF CHINA TAIPEI INT AMF Insert item into bag (Otb)

9/27/2011 8:38:00 AM INDIA MUMBAI EMS Receive item at office of exchange (Inb)

9/27/2011 9:10:00 AM INDIA MUMBAI EMS Send item to customs (Inb)

9/28/2011 12:06:00 PM INDIA CHENNAI EMS Record item customs information (Inb) Retention reason : Other

9/29/2011 5:19:00 PM INDIA CHENNAI EMS Return item from customs (Inb)

Does the above status mean it has been returned and is on its way to my address? And what do the details Inb, Otb mean? Has any one had any experience similar experience ?
Hey,
Which courier did you use to ship it to Taiwan?

I bought and brought it from the USA, so I've to send it to G.SKILL in Taiwan itself, got this info over email from G.SKILL support.
Ask acro india. They may help you. Which city r you in. Remember while getting back from rma you may bw hit with customs duty. I read on a different forum. Or maybe on TE, one guy was asked to pay customs by dhl in rma product.

Ask acro india. They may help you. Which city r you in. Remember while getting back from rma you may bw hit with customs duty. I read on a different forum. Or maybe on TE, one guy was asked to pay customs by dhl in rma product.
What is acro india? Is it this one (https://acrorma.com)? I'm in Delhi.
It will be better to buy a new one if I would have to pay customs also :p

Back