GTA 4- Whos Got It?

Params7 said:
Guys, I'm going to be playing GTA4 so I'll be skipping out on the promised preview - believe me its all better if you guys find this out for yourself.
INSTEAD, all of us who have GTA4 post about the most interesting stuff we find cruising around in this thread

1. I just found out you can dial 911 on your cell phone, then even call the paramedics from there.
2. Status of Liberty is now called Status Of Happiness.
3. There's an insane amount of TV footage in this game. Just find a TV whereever you are staying and turn it on, there are channels and programs. I just got done watching 30 mins of extremely hilarious talk shows and a parody of 24 (the series).
4. This game is also a "dating simulator" now, the girlfriend system has been worked upon and much better than GTA SA.
5. On CNT (TV channel in the game), there's an ad that parodies Master Chief.

What I plan to do now is hijack a chopper and pay statue of happiness a visit since going there on car will get you a 5 star police rating! Anybody know from where I can get chopper???
Macone, and all others that have GTA4 lets make this list longer!
Also, the sixaxis has been used extremely well in this game, infact this is the first time I think I will actually use sixaxis for the entirety of the game.
My god, I told u to explain not make me feel ENVIOUS!!! they've put a lot into this game, i mean de tv thing itself!

KingKrool said:
Anyone know what the "exclusive" X360 content is? I'd certainly be interested in knowing whether it is worth the 50 million MS paid for it...

there is no difference in the both the games on ps3 & 360. ms paid the money only for the downloadable content which will be made by rockstar for gta4 will be exclusive for 360 for the 1st year i think. other downloadable stuff made by the mod community can be used on the ps3 anyways.

Params7 said:
Guys, I'm going to be playing GTA4 so I'll be skipping out on the promised preview - believe me its all better if you guys find this out for yourself.
INSTEAD, all of us who have GTA4 post about the most interesting stuff we find cruising around in this thread

1. I just found out you can dial 911 on your cell phone, then even call the paramedics from there.
2. Status of Liberty is now called Status Of Happiness.
3. There's an insane amount of TV footage in this game. Just find a TV whereever you are staying and turn it on, there are channels and programs. I just got done watching 30 mins of extremely hilarious talk shows and a parody of 24 (the series).
4. This game is also a "dating simulator" now, the girlfriend system has been worked upon and much better than GTA SA.
5. On CNT (TV channel in the game), there's an ad that parodies Master Chief.
6. Make quick money :
ATM Exploit :
Go to an ATM, then cause a traffic jam to the area. Wait for someone to take money from the ATM, then kill him or her. Make sure to block any nearby roads so the ambulance cannot get to the murdered victim. Take the money they dropped on the ground. Then, run a short distance away, and go back. The money should have respawned on the ground. You can repeat this as many times as desired

What I plan to do now is hijack a chopper and pay statue of happiness a visit since going there on car will get you a 5 star police rating! Anybody know from where I can get chopper???
Maconie, and all others that have GTA4 lets make this list longer!
Also, the sixaxis has been used extremely well in this game, infact this is the first time I think I will actually use sixaxis for the entirety of the game.
Yeah nice list, i found out a couple of them myself, dailing 911, was funny,

heres the best laugh, call roman your cousin and ask him to go drinking with you, and then when you come out of the bar, your in for such a laugh, i was dying with laughter when i did this, you seriously are drunk, then try driving a car! police come after you for drink driving! and its really hard to see and the screen starts to wobble about, you stop wobbling when you get shot or die.

this game has so much potential its unbelieveable.

lol you can also give money to bums, thats funny aswell, because niko chucks the money and then about 10 bums fight over it!

YOU NEED THIS GAME!

the physics are amazing aswell, has any of you whos got it, flew through the windscreen yet??

well lets just say i was amazed!

lol when your on the motorway to the top left of the map on the first island, find the entry to the motorway (i think its there) get an infernus or a fast car and drive all the way down to a harsh bend and turn around, then speed at the wall infront, you will fly about 200 feet and the hit some trees, and the way the body moves in the air, it was awesome. and the best part was, i didnt die so i got up and did it again.

there are a couple of things i dislike, the new control system being one of the and the fact you cant swim underwater being another, but im not going to spoil the facts and opinions for you guys you arent lucky enough to have got this game, but i suggest you guys do everything you can to get it, its worth the money and it was worth the hype.

@params, i dont know where you can get a chopper from, i have had a look through the airport a couple of time but gotr shot for being on there, cant find one, put i have been on the sixaxis tutorial, get onto the helicopter bit and just drive off to where you want to go, but after about 2 minutes it takes it off you, i dont think you'll have enough time to go to the statue of happiness:p:) hehe

Lord Nemesis said:
Any differerence in graphics between the XBOX 360 and PS3 versions? I would probably get the PS3 version myself.

Over many forums have have read that the only difference between the 360 version and the PS3 version is the graphics, the graphics are a lot sharper on the PS3 version but there is more colour to the game on the 360 version but both are just as good, so its upto you guys innit??

To these foggy eyes, the PS3 version looks richer, fuller, darker. But then, the Xbox 360 version looks crisper, brighter, sharper.
i would personally buy the PS3 version or get a PS3 just for the game alone. im not going to sit here starting a war but many Xbox fanboys have been saying recently that the Xbox version is better because its got this downloadable content that the PS3 hasnt, Who cares? I dont, i wouldnt buy an Xbox, i [IMO] dont like them.

Now that was a figure of speech, it was an opinion and nobody should take offence, dont start arguing with me about it as this thread wasnt intended for arguments, it was my own opinion.

Heres a comparitive video:
PS3-X360 GTAIV Comparison

Now im going playing:p ill be back soon with more info.

dingemini312 said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^
i heard it aint comin :p

it definitely is..
being the gta fanatic i am,i did a little surfin last night regarding this..
1.gta was initially born onto the pc and every release since then was available for the pc.so they won't just ignore the loyal pc gamers !
2.as with gta 3,vc & sa..it takes 6-8months after the console release,for the pc version to come out,if delayed.. a max. of 10~12 months!
3.gta 4 consoles sales(xbox 360 & ps3) are soaring and overall sales is estimated to reach 19~21 million in a year's time(after all a game that's got a prefect 10!)..
so if the pc version is released simultaneously,then the console sales will be affected to an extent(i.e: if one had a pc & a xbox,im sure they'd get the pc version of the game)

so all of us just have to wait and see..

hoping for a release in october/november or they might just push it till Christmas! ;)

T-minus seven hours till Grand Theft Auto IV slips its cuffs, and already Rockstar's crime saga has captured the eye of Guinness World Records.

According to the most recent estimates, GTA IV is expected to sell 9 million copies and make off with over $500 million in the first week alone—easily making it the biggest entertainment launch in history.

Bigger than Spider-Man 3. Bigger than Pirates of the Carribean. Bigger than Harry Potter. And most definitely bigger than the Master Chief and Halo 3's record-breaking $300-million haul.

In a press release issued this morning, the abacus-wielding bookworms at Guinness said they will "be closely watching the release of Grand Theft Auto IV as a potential record-breaking phenomenon."

Don't act so shocked. GTA is a known offender. The franchise already has eight outstanding warrants commendations from the hallowed halls of Guinness:

★ First full “sandbox” action-adventure game: Grand Theft Auto III

★ Biggest-selling game of 2001: Grand Theft Auto III

★ Biggest-selling game of 2002: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

★ Bestselling Playstation 2 game of all time: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

★ Bestselling PSP game of all time: Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

★ Largest in-game soundtrack: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

★ Largest voice cast in a videogame: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

★ Most guest stars in a videogame series: Grand Theft Auto franchise

- Canada.com Network

whateve_r said:
Its rumored for November this year. I have finished GTA IV twice already. Yes, i have no life or i just love this game damn too much.

Whats rumored??

GTAIV already has online play, if thats what you where on about??

or if you was on about the PC version then yeah i have heard about it:p

sorry a bit confused:S

just got my PS3 GTA4. in s'pore. approx Rs2.4k
too bad i've to wait till end of the week when i get back to mumbai to play it :(

According to the most recent estimates, GTA IV is expected to sell 9 million copies and make off with over $500 million in the first week alone—easily making it the biggest entertainment launch in history.

Bigger than Spider-Man 3. Bigger than Pirates of the Carribean. Bigger than Harry Potter. And most definitely bigger than the Master Chief and Halo 3's record-breaking $300-million haul.

You have got to be kidding me. Finally,

Videogame > Hollywood

You have got to be kidding me. Finally,

Videogame > Hollywood

Err... the gaming industry has been making more dough than Hollywood since the early 2000's. I must say that the scores coming of this game has amazed me beyond words. Params, have you gotten a chance to take it online yet?

Ck Nish said:
Err... the gaming industry has been making more dough than Hollywood since the early 2000's. I must say that the scores coming of this game has amazed me beyond words. Params, have you gotten a chance to take it online yet?
lol yeah. My clan from WH is also going to be on GTA4, been playing it for a while now. Its good, but those coming from WH won't find anything special in it though (it feels like slower version of WH with just more cars but no tanks and planes)
Hoping to play some members from TE on there.
Story mode/single player is amazing. The typical GTA feeling is there with a new level of realism, great graphics and mediocre A.I. Enough to keep anyone busy for over 100 hours.

Back