GTA IV PC Patch 6

K... people,

I was just going through this thread../

I have played GTA 4, and simply loved the game for its story and gameplay./

About this one howzzit as compared to GTA 4, and how is the graphics in this one??

Is it worth giving a try, bcoz its 14 GB of setup only../

Well the EFLC episodes are based on the same engine as GTA IV, slightly tweaked (more like patched) for better performance and maybe slightly better graphics. Storyline follows 2 different protagonists, but all 3 stories, the original GTA IV story, and the stories of the 2 episodes are interlinked. They have received good reviews so it would be fun :)

OK. this is the update to GTA IV with the new Patch 1.0.6.0

The missing textures problem seems to have been solved completely. Also the shadows seem to be enhanced, and there are a lot more shadows etc. Visually the game looks a lot better, but seems to take the toll on your system. But as of now i am running it smoothly by turning off V-Sync. Everything else set to max. The new patch is a major overhaul imo.

PhOeNiX said:
OK. this is the update to GTA IV with the new Patch 1.0.6.0

The missing textures problem seems to have been solved completely. Also the shadows seem to be enhanced, and there are a lot more shadows etc. Visually the game looks a lot better, but seems to take the toll on your system. But as of now i am running it smoothly by turning off V-Sync. Everything else set to max. The new patch is a major overhaul imo.

+1, additionally I noticed that now car driving is smoother than before, especially while turning.(but may be its just me)

spindoctor said:
securom online activation. you can do it manually too though... go to their site, enter your cd key and an activation code and in turn another activation code will be generated and given to you which you can enter to activate the game. all this means that you don't necessarily have to activate from the pc you are playing on, but it does have to be activated online once.

thanks for the info,,I don't know that :hap2:

I have yet to play the game..as I have not completed any of the earlier GTA games - which I need to finished first..So far GTA Vice City most enjoyable GTA to me..I generally used to turn off Shadows in most of the games

spindoctor said:
securom online activation. you can do it manually too though... go to their site, enter your cd key and an activation code and in turn another activation code will be generated and given to you which you can enter to activate the game. all this means that you don't necessarily have to activate from the pc you are playing on, but it does have to be activated online once.

This is a whole page late but thanks for the info. Didn't know that and google wasn't giving me any clear results. Now to get my hands on that awesome DLC!

satyanjoy said:
I have yet to play the game..as I have not completed any of the earlier GTA games - which I need to finished first..So far GTA Vice City most enjoyable GTA to me..I generally used to turn off Shadows in most of the games

Hey, each GTA is completely stand-alone with minimal references from previous installments.
And, yes I have to agree, Vice City was by far the most fun. I actually bothered to collect all 100 Hidden packages in that. Around 90 on my own, the rest using guides :). Also, the radio stations in Vice City were hilarious. Anyone remember Maurice Chavez and VCPR? That was just awesome.

I hope they decide to re-make Vice City with this new engine. It will be kickass.

^True. Only yesterday i was thinking that Tommy Vercetti was by far the most likable GTA series protagonist followed by Niko, the mime guy from III and then CJ. Dunno, never liked CJ.

Ultimate GTA -- tommy vercetti+ San andreas Setup+gta 4 tweaked graphics //

CJ is very unlikely to me and even the whole gangsta setup with hoods n all - never got hooked up but liked the RPG element of SA..but GTA 4 has the best teaser gaming trial so far and loved the starting line of niko "life is complicated.."

Anyone remember Maurice Chavez and VCPR? That was just awesome.
maurice is the fat guy who had a speed boat right ? and whole VC setup (miami,red colored interior of villa of Tommy and tommy = tony) seems like very much scarface and during those days I just watched scarface :D

satyanjoy said:
maurice is the fat guy who had a speed boat right ? and whole VC setup (miami,red colored interior of villa of Tommy and tommy = tony) seems like very much scarface and during those days I just watched scarface :D

No dude, Maurice is the host of a talk show on Vice City Public Radio. VCPR was the just hilarious. Some of his guests included a Nudist, a Florida politician who hated "Outsiders" even though he wasnt born in Florida, a Pastor who was constructing a Vault in Alaska to survive the Nuclear Winter :rofl:, the hipster son of a weapons maker who likes to talk about world peace.

You gotta appreciate the Sarcasm and the social commentary in all of the GTA games. Rockstar has some amazing writing talent.

Anyways, back to topic...
Anyone managed to get their hands on the 2 dlcs?? Its 20th today and I still havent received the game from Intencity. What about the people who ordered from NextWorld? Did you guys get it?

pretttt said:
No dude, Maurice is the host of a talk show on Vice City Public Radio. VCPR was the just hilarious. Some of his guests included a Nudist, a Florida politician who hated "Outsiders" even though he wasnt born in Florida, a Pastor who was constructing a Vault in Alaska to survive the Nuclear Winter :rofl:, the hipster son of a weapons maker who likes to talk about world peace.

You gotta appreciate the Sarcasm and the social commentary in all of the GTA games. Rockstar has some amazing writing talent.

Anyways, back to topic...

Anyone managed to get their hands on the 2 dlcs?? Its 20th today and I still havent received the game from Intencity. What about the people who ordered from NextWorld? Did you guys get it?

thanks for reminding.they are really funny and loved to hear them and never got bored..

nextworld took 4-5 days to deliver my xbox controller .

Back