GTA San Andreas PC screenshots and small review

Hey all,

I have played GTA SA on the PC for a few good hours now and its been great! Immediately I noticed how much better than Vice City it looked, plus the map is huge!

I had promised some screenshots so I am making this thread. I will review the game more thoroughly at a later date when I have played more of the game.

I have taken the screenshots using the camera which CJ carries, so there is no HUD (health, ammo etc display).

My rig is as follows-
P4 2.4C
1GB DDR400 RAM
Geforce 6600GT AGP
Onboard Sound

The game ran flawlessly at max texture quality, max draw distance and max level of AA. I have had no problems with mouse, sound, crashing as some other people have. It has worked great!

Ok now for the screenshots. Remember these are jpg's that the game saved (it has inbuilt scrshot functionality using a camera which CJ carries) so the quality isnt that great and it seems to reduce the draw distance a bit. I will get some scrshots using FRAPS soon!

Click on he following thumbnails to see the images and on the images at imageshack to see a bigger version if it reduces it.

So here is CJ's house, on the left is the garage where I was able to stuff 2 cars just fine.

Now this would turn out to be interesting!

Well I didnt place the car perfectly so it just pushed it to the side, here you can see the train. Later I put it perfectly and a passenger train dragged it towards the front for a few metres before it went on fire and exploded :)

View of the basketball court, notice the draw distance.

View of the tracks from the basketball court-

Here is a picture at night which I took in the beginning of the game-

Well thats it for now! Im going to go back to playing.

If you guys want more screenshots I will take some with FRAPS and post it soon :D

Also please keep all discussion to the gameplay itself and not from where to get the game etc.

Also feel free to post your screenshots also :)
UPDATE 11/6/2005-

This is the extension to my above review.

The great thing about this game is the number of things you can do. Like now you can take a haircut, put tatoos, go to stores and buy clothes, watches, chains etc. go and eat food, exercise in the gym, customize your car similar to nfsu etc. Also most things are breakable. There are more submissions like home robberies at night (which you do in stealth), competitions on bouncing your car and many more.

All pics are taken at MAX everything (AA, details, draw distance). They are in jpeg format so there are artifacts due to compression.

So now you have attributes which is shown in the below figure-

When you eat, your fat increases. You can go to the gym to learn new moves and exercise on the bench press, treadmill etc. I love the benchpress cause even your respect increases! This increases your stamina, muscle depending on the machine.

Here you can see my using a wwe style move which I just learnt :)

Also now you can swim. Previously in VC if you did this you would be dead-

But now you can swim and the more you swim the better you get, thats the same with all the skils like flying.

When you go at high speeds there is motion blur as seen in the following pic, the speed you feel is awesome.
It is not all that noticeable in the pic tho.

So all I can say is enjoy the game and here are some cool pics :)

Have fun ;)

Hey, did you get it from u know where, cuz if u did, I am trekking down to my friendly neighborhood u know where to get it, tmrw itself ;)

He downloaded it through the net.....

Hey MAxx, could you please burn it on a DVD and ship it to me??? I will pay you........ please please please......... I started downloading but off late my 128kbps connection is running at 48..... god knows why!!!!

The estimated time is at 15 days....... Please burn it and ship it to me!!!!

MAxx, could you please send me a copy of the game???? I will pay you.... please please please please please...................

Lucky you!!!!

any idea when the game is releasing in India????

And the game still looks jaggy..... especially the human figures.....

But otherwise, the game really looks good. And that too on a 6600GT. Wonder how it will be on a 6800GT??? Will the human graphics be better???

I certainly hope so....

Nikhil said:
Lucky you!!!!
And the game still looks jaggy..... especially the human figures.....

But otherwise, the game really looks good. And that too on a 6600GT. Wonder how it will be on a 6800GT??? Will the human graphics be better???

I certainly hope so....

Well if you are referring to the last scrshot, I had taken that when the AA was not @ max. Others I have taken with max AA. The people itself are pretty blocky but I dont see much jaggies at max AA.

You might see it if you havent clicked on the pic at imageshack to enlarge it (im not talkin bout thumbnail), cause by default it shows a smaller resized version for some reason. Due to the resizing it appears jaggy.

Grease Monk said:
textures are still a little bleh-ish. Preffered VC-style textures.

Yeah, but as Maxx said it was taken off a camera...

I think at AA, AF and quality set to max, it should look a lot better. I am still waiting for it impatiently...

Nice, but they are not that different from the ones on ps2.
or maybe that's the effect of the lowered down jpg quality from a bmp....

anishcool said:
Yeah, but as Maxx said it was taken off a camera...

I think at AA, AF and quality set to max, it should look a lot better. I am still waiting for it impatiently...

Well the game camera, not off a real digicam off the screen hehe..

Anyway expect some more screenies in a couple of hrs :)

This game is not about great gfx, more about good gameplay. If your looking for great gfx then you will be disappointed. Its a PS2 port and all the models are pretty low poly count, not like doom3, hl2...

EXACTLY!!!!

It is not abt graphics like HL2, Doom3 or something. It is abt gameplay, gameplay and more gameplay.......

Still dying to play the damn game!!!!

Why the hell can't they release it soon??? I got NFS UG 2 within 1 day of it's release in the US. and this was not at some big place. It was at a small compouter shop. And that too the original.....

DAMN ROCKSTAR!!!

Ya GTA is all abt Gameplay ,although now graphix has become important too.
Me too waitin for the Game... I'm gonna get it in an hour if all goes well

Will definetely post screenies if i do get the game

Back