GTA San Andreas PC screenshots and small review

Hey all,

I have played GTA SA on the PC for a few good hours now and its been great! Immediately I noticed how much better than Vice City it looked, plus the map is huge!

I had promised some screenshots so I am making this thread. I will review the game more thoroughly at a later date when I have played more of the game.

I have taken the screenshots using the camera which CJ carries, so there is no HUD (health, ammo etc display).

My rig is as follows-
P4 2.4C
1GB DDR400 RAM
Geforce 6600GT AGP
Onboard Sound

The game ran flawlessly at max texture quality, max draw distance and max level of AA. I have had no problems with mouse, sound, crashing as some other people have. It has worked great!

Ok now for the screenshots. Remember these are jpg's that the game saved (it has inbuilt scrshot functionality using a camera which CJ carries) so the quality isnt that great and it seems to reduce the draw distance a bit. I will get some scrshots using FRAPS soon!

Click on he following thumbnails to see the images and on the images at imageshack to see a bigger version if it reduces it.

So here is CJ's house, on the left is the garage where I was able to stuff 2 cars just fine.

Now this would turn out to be interesting!

Well I didnt place the car perfectly so it just pushed it to the side, here you can see the train. Later I put it perfectly and a passenger train dragged it towards the front for a few metres before it went on fire and exploded :)

View of the basketball court, notice the draw distance.

View of the tracks from the basketball court-

Here is a picture at night which I took in the beginning of the game-

Well thats it for now! Im going to go back to playing.

If you guys want more screenshots I will take some with FRAPS and post it soon :D

Also please keep all discussion to the gameplay itself and not from where to get the game etc.

Also feel free to post your screenshots also :)
UPDATE 11/6/2005-

This is the extension to my above review.

The great thing about this game is the number of things you can do. Like now you can take a haircut, put tatoos, go to stores and buy clothes, watches, chains etc. go and eat food, exercise in the gym, customize your car similar to nfsu etc. Also most things are breakable. There are more submissions like home robberies at night (which you do in stealth), competitions on bouncing your car and many more.

All pics are taken at MAX everything (AA, details, draw distance). They are in jpeg format so there are artifacts due to compression.

So now you have attributes which is shown in the below figure-

When you eat, your fat increases. You can go to the gym to learn new moves and exercise on the bench press, treadmill etc. I love the benchpress cause even your respect increases! This increases your stamina, muscle depending on the machine.

Here you can see my using a wwe style move which I just learnt :)

Also now you can swim. Previously in VC if you did this you would be dead-

But now you can swim and the more you swim the better you get, thats the same with all the skils like flying.

When you go at high speeds there is motion blur as seen in the following pic, the speed you feel is awesome.
It is not all that noticeable in the pic tho.

So all I can say is enjoy the game and here are some cool pics :)

Have fun ;)

techmaster said:
i just got the game i am finding that the the controls are very hard.Like moving the mouse up and down changes the view dramtically and it becomes difficult to control.I had played vice city never faced this problem
the mouse control is reverse by default..
change that in the settings. :)

don ask me how coz i don know how
i don have the game yet :D

how well do you play @ what settings?
resolution,setting at which it is smooth?

can i play with 6600gt @ 1280*1024,maxed,no aa / af

What the hell is wrong with the game... Cars to so delicate... lol and camera angles are pathetic... The story is juts great though... And graphics are a big difference from GTA VC...

Switch posted 2.32 minutes later:

BTW I am playing at 1600*1200 with everything on including AA an AF and no lags but yes the engine sure feels like an OpenGL engine... There is some sort of stupid steam/sluttering effect which looks much like DOOM III...

Back