GTA San Andreas PC screenshots and small review

Hey all,

I have played GTA SA on the PC for a few good hours now and its been great! Immediately I noticed how much better than Vice City it looked, plus the map is huge!

I had promised some screenshots so I am making this thread. I will review the game more thoroughly at a later date when I have played more of the game.

I have taken the screenshots using the camera which CJ carries, so there is no HUD (health, ammo etc display).

My rig is as follows-
P4 2.4C
1GB DDR400 RAM
Geforce 6600GT AGP
Onboard Sound

The game ran flawlessly at max texture quality, max draw distance and max level of AA. I have had no problems with mouse, sound, crashing as some other people have. It has worked great!

Ok now for the screenshots. Remember these are jpg's that the game saved (it has inbuilt scrshot functionality using a camera which CJ carries) so the quality isnt that great and it seems to reduce the draw distance a bit. I will get some scrshots using FRAPS soon!

Click on he following thumbnails to see the images and on the images at imageshack to see a bigger version if it reduces it.

So here is CJ's house, on the left is the garage where I was able to stuff 2 cars just fine.

Now this would turn out to be interesting!

Well I didnt place the car perfectly so it just pushed it to the side, here you can see the train. Later I put it perfectly and a passenger train dragged it towards the front for a few metres before it went on fire and exploded :)

View of the basketball court, notice the draw distance.

View of the tracks from the basketball court-

Here is a picture at night which I took in the beginning of the game-

Well thats it for now! Im going to go back to playing.

If you guys want more screenshots I will take some with FRAPS and post it soon :D

Also please keep all discussion to the gameplay itself and not from where to get the game etc.

Also feel free to post your screenshots also :)
UPDATE 11/6/2005-

This is the extension to my above review.

The great thing about this game is the number of things you can do. Like now you can take a haircut, put tatoos, go to stores and buy clothes, watches, chains etc. go and eat food, exercise in the gym, customize your car similar to nfsu etc. Also most things are breakable. There are more submissions like home robberies at night (which you do in stealth), competitions on bouncing your car and many more.

All pics are taken at MAX everything (AA, details, draw distance). They are in jpeg format so there are artifacts due to compression.

So now you have attributes which is shown in the below figure-

When you eat, your fat increases. You can go to the gym to learn new moves and exercise on the bench press, treadmill etc. I love the benchpress cause even your respect increases! This increases your stamina, muscle depending on the machine.

Here you can see my using a wwe style move which I just learnt :)

Also now you can swim. Previously in VC if you did this you would be dead-

But now you can swim and the more you swim the better you get, thats the same with all the skils like flying.

When you go at high speeds there is motion blur as seen in the following pic, the speed you feel is awesome.
It is not all that noticeable in the pic tho.

So all I can say is enjoy the game and here are some cool pics :)

Have fun ;)

hmm...another interesting thought..
how abt someone developing a game with GTA gameplay/storyline and doom3 gfx engine. will be exciting stuff ;)

btw, MaxX -> where's the remaining part of ur review?

Instead of posting the new pics in the first post, I will from now on post in the thread itself.

UPDATE 3-

Here are some nice pics of the freeway. The vehicles travel really fast on the freeway which can lead to some interesting situations :D

Here is a nice rainbow-

This following pic really shows off the draw distance. You can see the freeway to the left, then the railway bridge straight ahead and the buildings on the next place!

I told you above that all vehicles travel at very high speeds, so I just drove on the wrong end of road and created a nice roadblock and just then a truck comes and flies in the air! This has gotta be my fav pic till now!

That was an awesome pileup :D

Aces170 said:
Well if the game is not so demanding maybe I can try Temporall AA and check the IQ.
But it won't show up in screenshots, how will anyone else see it.
Also if I am not wrong, temporal aa needs 60fps at all times to work, else it keeps switching on and off.

AWESOME PICS!!!!

Keep 'em coming Maxx...... Especially the truck which has suddenly sprouted wings.......

Nikhil posted 15.92 minutes later:

All I have been doing for the past 20 mins is cursing MAxx for being so DAMN LUCKY!!!! And drooling over the screenies obviously......

You lucky *bleep* *bleep*.......

You are soo lucky...... I am burning with jealousy here...... god knows how I am going to survive till I actually get the game.......

Anyway, is it easy to do a stoppie??? You seem ti have had time to take a screenie while doing a stoppie. Leads me to believe that that time was not your first.......

Well, at this time, all I can do is to sit back and burn while MAxx enjoys the game.............

Enjoy dude!!!!

Nikhil said:
Anyway, is it easy to do a stoppie??? You seem ti have had time to take a screenie while doing a stoppie. Leads me to believe that that time was not your first.......

Its easy to do a stoppie, as easy as it was with Vice City. Btw, dont have such high expectations of SA. Its nothing revolutionary.

I played the game with 0 expectations and it has been nice experience, but nothing extraordinary. Its not like I cant peel myself of the game, otherwise I wouldnt be posting here!

Also stop cursing me, who knows what effect it might have :ashamed: :bleh: Already I had some weird problem some time back with the motion blur sorta effect (not exactly that though) happening when I was stationary (the screen was being redrawn every sec slightly left and then slightly right, cud see the lines comin down :S ). It happened 2 times in a span of 20-30 mins, when I restarted the game it was fine. I was wondering whether its a GPU problem, driver or game problem. Seeing that it became alright by itself it should be the last two hopefully. GPU temps around then were around 60C.

Also I did the same dam mission like 5 times, the last time I did it completely. Its a pretty complicated one. First of all the mouse look while driving vehicle was bugging me as it was not auto moving the camera to the front of the vechicle and had to move mouse manually.. Then while driving back fell into a ditch sorta thing, like a long valley, after some time car exploded, had to walk for kilometers felt like and then I opened the map to check how to get out, then it just didnt resume, it just hanged, had to end its process and do the mission again (this time did with a trainer as I cudnt do it once more legitly as i was angry :mad: ) :O

lol!!!

:rofl:

The devil in me is satisfied..... the nice guy in me is horrified......

Anyway, enoy your game man!!!!

No more curses....... Hopefully, I will get the game by next sunday(if everything goes according to plan)....

After so many hours of desperation I finally get my hands on it...Impressive indeed,i liked the bike riding rather thn the car... Got some Screenies chk out

Great images guys. But do you have any screenies of stuff that one can do in SA but not in VC ?

@Imagine - Judging by the looks of that car, i must say, you must be one "GOOD" driver :eek:hyeah:

Last edited by a moderator:
Some more shots:

From the Gym...

A Little Bike Stunt...(As i said B4 ,Riding Bikes is lotta fun )

Language is gettin kinda pain...Hell lot of fuks,Biatches ,Niggas n Homies...

Hey Imagine.....

Hope you are happy now..... rubbing salt into my wound.... I am sitting here and playing crappy Far Cry and you are playing GTA SA!!!

hope you are satisfied by being so mean....

PS: Don't take it seriously...... ;).

PPS: Don't take the above seriously..... Decide what you want to take seriously....

I am just bugged up.... I need to study but am not able to....I want GTA SA but do not have it.....

Just to make this post non-spam ----- Abt the language..... it is natural... GTA has always been courting controversy due to the language..... the fact is that they are inappropriate for under 18(that is why the mature rating and for other stuff also). But even then, the language is highly offensive.

In GTA VC, it was not all that bad. But in SA I expected it to be worse due to the story line...

Nikhil posted 2.5 minutes later:

And why are the pics so big in size??? Maxx's was around 85-100kb. Yours are all 300kb + ....

Please make them smaller.

I do have BB but even then, it takes waaay too much time to open.

Nikhil posted 0.55 minutes later:

And what's with the SHINING Gold coloured dumbells???

Sorry d00d... I know how it feels like cause i was in the same situation when farcry came out,I had to wait a month b4 i could play it .
If it makes u feel any better, I cant play frm tommorow 'cause i have report to finish .Dman i hate Engeneering :mad: :mad: :mad:

Nikhil said:
And why are the pics so big in size??? Maxx's was around 85-100kb. Yours are all 300kb + ....
Hmmmm , I converted bmp to jpg at max settengs .I'll put medium to help dialup users from now on.

Nikhil said:
And what's with the SHINING Gold coloured dumbells???

I was wondering abt it too...
Nikhil said:
Don't take the above seriously..... Decide what you want to take seriously....

Dint get u there...

@nikhil : you think YOURE in a fix...i have a spanking new 6600gt and mx510 and no motherboard to plug it into. and to make things worse...i got my copy of gta and bf2 demo ready to be installed :S

yeah..... I am in a better position than you....

Imagine said:
[quote name='Nikhil']
Don't take the above seriously..... Decide what you want to take seriously....

Dint get u there...
[/QUOTE]

Naah!!! Forget it.... was just feeling bugged......

Some more Screenies...

This is how rain looks like... Pathetic eh.

These are from one of the missions where we have to chase the train...

@GreaseMonk : mx510 kewl man ,How much did u pay for it???

Me off to work on my report now...C ya

i just got the game i am finding that the the controls are very hard.Like moving the mouse up and down changes the view dramtically and it becomes difficult to control.I had played vice city never faced this problem

Back