GTR² weekends

Magny Cours is too technical, better to keep it simple for first timers. NGT's at Monza or something.

But first; neither Wippien nor Hamachi is working for me. Mindf*ck!!

@bottle:
Try the mouse with the keyboard. Set your sensitivity a little low and it's soooo playable. I used to play with it for a couple of years and I was pretty good! When I got the wheel, my times actually came down for a month or so till I got used to it.

IMO, it's the better game and much more fun. You learn to play first and then be consistent. Your perfect your braking, gear shifts and steering and inch your way to a really good time. In a good server, you find at least 4-5 people with your time and you have a fun race no matter where you are on track. GTR2 is full of nuts trying to be heroes and late braking all the time and ending up in the gravel. The first 2-3 have sort-of close races and the rest are left stranded with gaps of 30 seconds each. In LFS, the entire 20-30 racers finish within a gap of 30 seconds.

I didn't even think of buying GTR2 after I played them both online. I don't even WANT to buy it now....

So Wippien works if you set it to use an IP in the 192.168.x.x range :D.
The only catch is that you have to manually enter the IP in GTR 2.
cyberjunkie said:
GTR2 is full of nuts trying to be heroes and late braking all the time and ending up in the gravel. The first 2-3 have sort-of close races and the rest are left stranded with gaps of 30 seconds each. In LFS, the entire 20-30 racers finish within a gap of 30 seconds.

I didn't even think of buying GTR2 after I played them both online. I don't even WANT to buy it now....
To be fair, that's not GTR 2's fault. It's a retail game, all kinds of people can and did buy it.
While LFS is a completely closed-in community.

^ Yes, GTR² 1.1.
GTR 2 is kinda finicky about non-LAN IP's. It will immediately ask for a key if you enter a non-LAN IP.
The solution is to configure Wippien to use something in the 192.168.1.x range, but each of us will have to chose a unique IP in the range.

CJ is 192.168.1.10
I am 192.168.1.11
Rave is 192.168.1.12

Choose yours today and post it here so there's no conflict.
Hamachi doesn't work half the time, hence all this jhol :mad:.

I can't figure out Wippien - it's not registering correctly, somehting about an invalid XML file. You guys carry on, maybe it's next weekend for me.

Back