GTR² weekends

Code:
greasemonk at wippien dot com
However, im getting an error on start up saying "Wippien Network Adapter Not Available. Proceed with IM only?" Changed my ip to 192.168.1.13

Grease Monk said:
Code:
greasemonk at wippien dot com
However, im getting an error on start up saying "Wippien Network Adapter Not Available. Proceed with IM only?" Changed my ip to 192.168.1.13

What version of OS you are using? Vista or XP.

If XP 64bit or Vista 64 bit you would have to install the network adapter driver manually.

In vista 64 bit, like I have I downloaded the 64bit adapter. Than restarted the PC and during boot pressed F8 to disable the driver signing option. Than installed the driver and got no error message and I am up and running. Hope this helps!

^^ dont need to do all that. Install Wippien. Follow that up by installing OpenVPN.

OpenVPN has a signed 64 bit driver. so no disable signed driver checking required :)

sTALKEr said:
^^ dont need to do all that. Install Wippien. Follow that up by installing OpenVPN.
OpenVPN has a signed 64 bit driver. so no disable signed driver checking required :)
Tried techeat's method, didnt work. Got an access denied message during installation of driver.

Tried installing openvpn as well. Got an error message during installation but it completed it. Still getting the same error message in wippien though. Vista x64.

Grease Monk said:
Tried techeat's method, didnt work. Got an access denied message during installation of driver.

Tried installing openvpn as well. Got an error message during installation but it completed it. Still getting the same error message in wippien though. Vista x64.

the conflict msg doesn't matter. just ignore it

sTALKEr said:
the conflict msg doesn't matter. just ignore it

Unfortunately, im also getting the network adaptor error as well. Even after doing what techcheat and you suggested. Is there anything specific i need to do with openvpn after installation? Also, did u get any error during the openvpn istallation?

Grease Monk said:
If you get that error, make sure the Wippien adapter isn't disabled in Network Connections.
Sometimes Wippien disables it upon exitting the app.
techcheat said:
wippien states its conflicting with the ip of my network adapater. is this message normal?
That's normal, just ignore it.
Although it might sometimes hinder access to your router's config page, so it's best to disable the Wippien adapter in Network Connections once you are done with Wippien.

It worked for me, I am using 64 bit vista. Simply booted with F8 pressed. Select ignore signed driver... Went to Control Panel and clicked on add hardware and selected the 64 bit driver.

Works like makhan....

Bah, noobs think whoever reaches T1 first wins :p.
gtr22009031503560671.jpg

Good race last night. That first turn pileup was funny. I was playing with the X360 controller and it was my first multiplayer race with it. It was a disaster. Tonight, I'll race with the Momo hopefully.

If you guys are using Wippien or Hamachi, turn off file and print sharing for those adapters. On Wippien, add all the people playing to your lists. If there is anybody who hasn't posted his ID, post it here so that the rest can add them. I'm wondering if Wippien is channeling data through a single person's connection if the rest aren't on each others friends list. Silly it maybe but you never know..

we will probably race again today, so whoever wants in join the hamachi network ive mentioned earlier and/or the wippien network

Back