Graphic Cards GTX Prices Slashed

MSI and PALIT GTX280-s, yeah. Just noticed. In any case, I find the $299 GTX260 more interesting. Lower prices are always a good thing! :hap2:

And the HD4870 at the same price blows it out of the picture; :lol:

The ones who'd invest in a nV setup now'd either do so cos:

1. They're big-time nV fanbois; :lol:

2. They'd invested in a 750i/780i/790i board expecting prices of cards to go down anytime so that they can buy a 2nd one and do SLI; they could've been broke so they dont want to lose cash selling this setup;

^^That's me (point 2). Still hoping for further price drops before ditching my 9800GTX. Right now on XP64, the 9800GTX is good enough for Crysis@high settings, so I guess I can wait a little more :)

lol me too waiting for same , tell me if u plan to sell 9800gtx :p
Naga said:
^^That's me (point 2). Still hoping for further price drops before ditching my 9800GTX. Right now on XP64, the 9800GTX is good enough for Crysis@high settings, so I guess I can wait a little more :)

gannu said:
And the HD4870 at the same price blows it out of the picture; :lol:

The ones who'd invest in a nV setup now'd either do so cos:

1. They're big-time nV fanbois; :lol:

2. They'd invested in a 750i/780i/790i board expecting prices of cards to go down anytime so that they can buy a 2nd one and do SLI; they could've been broke so they dont want to lose cash selling this setup;

At the same price point they are even... Remember 260 carries more memory which wont be a bottleneck at higher resolutions (1900+) and it overclocks well...

I ain't a nvfanboy but i always look at things more practically... ATi can lower prices(Infact they have already started... Spotted a few 4870's below $299) to beat the competition otherwise nVidia with its board partners (Evga, BFG & XFX) with thier no questions asked lifetime warrenty will win the competition... Remember Nvidia's 260 is just 5%-10% slower then the 4870 and comes with a better cooler and runs almost silently in the system and also has more RAM for bigger resolutions....

Naga said:

update the damn sig :p

Switch said:
At the same price point they are even... Remember 260 carries more memory which wont be a bottleneck at higher resolutions (1900+) and it overclocks well...

I ain't a nvfanboy but i always look at things more practically... ATi can lower prices(Infact they have already started... Spotted a few 4870's below $299) to beat the competition otherwise nVidia with its board partners (Evga, BFG & XFX) with thier no questions asked lifetime warrenty will win the competition... Remember Nvidia's 260 is just 5%-10% slower then the 4870 and comes with a better cooler and runs almost silently in the system and also has more RAM for bigger resolutions....

1+ for that
if nvidia drops price of GTX 260 around 250 then it will pawn 4870 :rofl:

Switch said:

I'd say the 4870 pwns the GTX260 except for games which favour nV cards like Crysis, WiC etc; Lol, even CF doesn't apparently scale well with these beasts; A newer Cat driver will fix that;

And who cares abt temps when cheap aftermarket coolers're around dude? Get the AC Accelero S1 for 1.4k; slap fans as u like; 80mm, 92mm or 120mm;

Bring down the temps, get some better OC headroom, use the ATI AMD GPU OC tool and u're set to go; soft-mod it and bump up the volts for added stability and to avoid crashes;

And what bottlenecks're u referring to??? :S

roboghost said:
1+ for that

if nvidia drops price of GTX 260 around 250 then it will pawn 4870 :rofl:

-2 for that; :devil2:

Yeah yeah, dream on; :bleh:

damn this sucks :mad: really GTX cards are pawned at that price point , if nvidia doesnt drop prices of GTX then i will wait to get 4870x2 until its released :devil2: :rofl:

Akshay Enterprises(local XFX distry) really provides us with cool prices. :hap2:

Tirupati Ent(distri for radeon brands) kinda tend to rip us off and so does Rashi.:mad:

atleast the price-cuts giv us a reason to stick to NV :eek:hyeah:, and i'v been eyin the 750i FTW for quite sometime now :p

^^^Try persuading roboghost to sell his motherboard and get it at a cheaper price; :devil2:

Seems like his fanboism finally goes for a to$$!! :lol:

:S perhaps , but i wont sell the board for cheap , i can still buy a 4870x2 so no need for intel mobo :) and my mobo overclocks very good :eek:hyeah: . otherwise i will just buy 2 9800GTX+ which is good enough :bleh: .
gannu said:
^^^Try persuading roboghost to sell his motherboard and get it at a cheaper price; :devil2:

Seems like his fanboism finally goes for a to$$!! :lol:

Back