Graphic Cards GTX Prices Slashed

Well I dunno what u guys r fighting about. This is fist time in almost 5 years that we are having a blood bath in the GPU market. We consumers are the KING now :D

I was in GPU distribution as a career till 2006. Did you know that the biggest seller in India in 2006 was still the FX5200? 4000 pieces per month in bangalore alone. And demand never dropped below 10,000 pieces for the south region (per month). So they're still milking 6 series cards today, unless supply has dried up.

LOL ! This is more to get ashamed off rather than boasting :p. When will the distris think anything else than profit saar :rofl: ...and ya as a marketing manager not just the nos :p]

See the nos of competition/events etc the Singapore/Malaysian distris organize & see what our pan chewing distris do !!! Now who will fill something into their head....damn :(...At least can expect you doing something for it being in this line :). How abt talking abt the bloated ATI prices in the next issue...or may be your editor kill u for eating the ad revenue from the greedy distris :rofl:

Btw just joking Michael....dnt take it otherwise :p

Btw all u guys r fighting abt newegg/US prices !

At 11k the HD 4850 kills just about everything. As long as anyone doesn't have a 24" LCD, the HD 4850 will just gooble just anything. And ya do find out the 9800GTX prices in our channels.8800GT still sells for 11k.

So pan India terms for now at least ATI is the king. HD 4870 is 19.5k whereas GTX 260 is 25k min :p....so go figure out guys :p

Aha... now just let ATI drop some prices on the 4850 and I ll bite :eek:hyeah:

Gotta sell the 8800GT first though, mesa got no cash to purchase otherwise :ashamed:

Price cut is fine but these are tough times for Nvidia. And here is the reason why:

Availability check: Radeon HD 4870 and GeForce GTX 260 - The Tech Report

Despite Nvidia's efforts, the Radeon HD 4870 is still cheaper on average (by $50). And as we saw in our benchmarks, the AMD card tends to outdo its Nvidia competitor overall. Of course, both the 4870 and the GTX 260 are incredibly speedy, and it's hard to go wrong with either one.

Availability check: Radeon HD 4870 and GeForce GTX 260 - The Tech Report

Even the prices of 9800GTX are a lot higher than the prices of HD 4850.

Prices of GTX will will come down but so will be the prices of 4870. In fact, right now there is lot of confusion in Nvidia channel and partners are not really happy.

The prices are not going down so easily because lot of partners have stock lying with them that they arranged with keeping the original prices in mind. Nvidia is most probably protecting channel partners from loss but indications are that right now nobody is sure how well protected they will be or what are the limits of Nvidia's largess.

AMD is not going to standby in case GTX prices truly become competitive. AMD needs money and now when there is no threat to their cards they are taking it easy. But don't forget the way they positioned 38XX series after release of 8800GT.

Nvidia is tough competitor. It's an a** smart company and is very aggressive in market. But this time they bit more than they could chew. They underestimated AMD - a few months ago one of their tops execs said AMD has no vision for future and no engineers who can make product to compete against Geforce - and started this stupid battle against Intel. Ok, not that stupid, but timing is definitely bad. I would say they declared their a** whoop stuff at least one year earlier.

And now they have to go to Intel on their knees and plead for license to build Nehalem mobos. In exchange Intel is going to get SLI support for X58 mobos.

No doubt, Nvidia will come out of this quagmire but if only AMD can stay alive till Q1 2009 and put a decent CPU in shape of Deneb that can at least compete against Penryns, they will be a force to watch. AMD will then crush Nvidia and directly compete against Intel where it will have immense advantage in the shape of its Spider.

AMD has good CPU and GPU technology but they need to iron out minor flaws, remove bottlenecks and execute their vision. For example, if R600 would have been executed slightly better and DX10 would not have been crippled by MS (DX 10.1 is in reality how DX10 was supposed to be) ATI cards would have been on par with G80 cards.

Now, if only...

Supra said:
At 11k the HD 4850 kills just about everything. As long as anyone doesn't have a 24" LCD, the HD 4850 will just gooble just anything. And ya do find out the 9800GTX prices in our channels.8800GT still sells for 11k.

So pan India terms for now at least ATI is the king. HD 4870 is 19.5k whereas GTX 260 is 25k min :p....so go figure out guys :p

U stole those words from my mouth; :p

Since Switch's on a 24incher now, its wise to look elsewhere beyond a single 4850;

So its either the 4870 for u, provided:

1. U can tame those heat levels [if required using an aftermkt cooler :p and FYI the 4870 runs cooler than the 4850 ;)];

2. U can wait a bit more until the distris start pricing it at the 17k mark onwards;

3. U know the fact that the 4870 IS faster than the GTX260 and competes with the GTX280 and stop cribbing abt heat dissipation and lesser OC headroom [which u may take as a CON from these cards since they're available cheaper than the nV cards :p];

...... or its the GTX260; :p

Take ur pick; :p

gannu said:
U stole those words from my mouth; :p

Since Switch's on a 24incher now, its wise to look elsewhere beyond a single 4850;

So its either the 4870 for u, provided:

1. U can tame those heat levels [if required using an aftermkt cooler :p and FYI the 4870 runs cooler than the 4850 ;)];

2. U can wait a bit more until the distris start pricing it at the 17k mark onwards;

3. U know the fact that the 4870 IS faster than the GTX260 and competes with the GTX280 and stop cribbing abt heat dissipation and lesser OC headroom [which u may take as a CON from these cards since they're available cheaper than the nV cards :p];

...... or its the GTX260; :p

Take ur pick; :p

Actually 4850 is not out of the question as it can be had for a little over 10K... I can game at 1650 with 1:1 scaling... As of now i am waiting for that 4870 price drop :D

^^That'd be a wiser option I'd say; :D

And if u can ditch that old P35 board u've now for something good [might lessen the burden in ur pocket by a max of 5k if u can sell the P5B Dlx for 3.5k :p] u can easily go Crossfire later on ensuring the rig lasts longer; :D

Supra said:
Well I dunno what u guys r fighting about. This is fist time in almost 5 years that we are having a blood bath in the GPU market. We consumers are the KING now :D

LOL ! This is more to get ashamed off rather than boasting :p. When will the distris think anything else than profit saar :rofl: ...and ya as a marketing manager not just the nos :p]
See the nos of competition/events etc the Singapore/Malaysian distris organize & see what our pan chewing distris do !!! Now who will fill something into their head....damn :(...At least can expect you doing something for it being in this line :). How abt talking abt the bloated ATI prices in the next issue...or may be your editor kill u for eating the ad revenue from the greedy distris :rofl:
Btw just joking Michael....dnt take it otherwise :p

Btw all u guys r fighting abt newegg/US prices !

I know you were joking :p You wouldn't dare otherwise. Well, I was the one who used to cry foul at lower sh1tty cards being flogged in the market. But the fact is most people who buy a GPU in India want something to "enable" video playback for HD content, or just speed up their flash animations. So their budget is around 1K. Its simple marketing. Anybody can sell water in a desert right? But what if I could sell water to people living on the banks of a lake? Now that's not stupid, its brilliant. The consumer does have to educate himself, after all he's parting with his own liquidity right? So he should know, and those who get duped partly deserve to do so.

Why else do newbies post queries if not on forums like these? And what better way to learn.

Back