Has anyone placed orders for shoes on Nike.com to ship to India? Do the shipments get charged with import duties?

I recently ordered Nike shoes from online store and made the payment in Indian rupees. After making the payment I received a message from the income tax department to submit my KYC documents. In the KYC document I had to submit proof of residence i.e. citizen of India and address proof. The address proof and the delivery address must be seen same. I did not have to pay any tax or duties.
Hi! I ordered a pair of Nike shoes to be delivered to India using a dummy name with a valid address. Will I be asked to provide any supporting documents to prove the information I provided for KYC. Is there a way to get through this without a hassle? Is it a must to submit provide supporting documents for KYC?

Hi! I ordered a pair of Nike shoes to be delivered to India using a dummy name with a valid address. Will I be asked to provide any supporting documents to prove the information I provided for KYC. Is there a way to get through this without a hassle? Is it a must to submit provide supporting documents for KYC?
Why dummy name with valid address?

There shouldn't be a problem with KYC.

Yes. Everything on your order details including exact adress have to match perfectly with your aadhar for it to pass through customs successfully. I was told that there would be delays even if there was a spelling mistake. I'm not sure what a dummy name would lead to. You better talk to the customer service at nike.com they will guide you best.

Why dummy name with valid address?

There shouldn't be a problem with KYC.
I placed the order from Sri Lanka. The order is supposed to be delivered to a person who arranges delivery to Sri Lanka from India and this person asked me to put a random name.
I reached out to Nike's customer service to enquire whether I can change the name. They refused to make any changes to the order. Once the package is returned to them, they will refund my payment excluding INR 750 which was charged for shipping.

Yes. Everything on your order details including exact adress have to match perfectly with your aadhar for it to pass through customs successfully. I was told that there would be delays even if there was a spelling mistake. I'm not sure what a dummy name would lead to. You better talk to the customer service at nike.com they will guide you best.
Probably he used fake alias name like spiderman superman etc. Be ready to face issues and seems no luck getting your order as he cannot prove if he is really a superman nor such aadhar name too.

Oh I got everything as expected. I paid nothing more than what was on the checkout page. Delivery was handled by Aramex and Dehlivery I think. Came quickly, faster than promised at the time of order confirmation.

I also ended up returning the shoes. The Free model was a bit too narrow on the toe box. And the returns were free. Got the item picked up for free and got refunded the whole amount minus the Rs.750 shipping.

I ended up getting the Puma Velocity Nitro for 4.5k on Flipkart and damn these are comfy, and at less than half the price of the Nikes I had ordered too!

Don't worry, your order will arrive safely. Hopefully you like yours better. Enjoy them!
Hi,

If you dont mind me asking, could you please tell me the amount for the shoes you had ordered from Nike?

I was thinking of ordering Kyrie Infinity by You and there when I was about to checkout, the saw the message "This is an international shipment requiring customs clearance."

Kyrie costs around 15k INR.

According to you, will I be good or is it gonna cost me extra than the amount of the shoes to clear customs?

Hi,

If you dont mind me asking, could you please tell me the amount for the shoes you had ordered from Nike?

I was thinking of ordering Kyrie Infinity by You and there when I was about to checkout, the saw the message "This is an international shipment requiring customs clearance."

Kyrie costs around 15k INR.

According to you, will I be good or is it gonna cost me extra than the amount of the shoes to clear customs?
I ordered a Nike free run 5.0 that came to 10k including the 750 or sofor shipping. Didn't have to pay anything extra for customs.

I don't think you'd need to either. But if you're still concerned ask the customer support. They're very helpful.

I ordered a Nike free run 5.0 that came to 10k including the 750 or sofor shipping. Didn't have to pay anything extra for customs.

I don't think you'd need to either. But if you're still concerned ask the customer support. They're very helpful.
Thanks a lot, bruv! Really appreciate the quick response.

I have ordered on Nike SNKRS and it shipped from Singapore. No additional customs duties were charged and it took less than a week to arrive. You should be good.
I have ordered on nike my order has reached india but still i am getting custom kyc rejected ? Why?

I have ordered on nike my order has reached india but still i am getting custom kyc rejected ? Why?
Did you use your name on the Nike website as it appears on your aadhaar? Every letter has to match. And so with your address.

If you're still having issues call the customer service of the shipping company and ask them to explain the issue.

Hi I want to get a pair of Nike shoes that are unfortunately unavailable in the size that I require in the stores nearby.

The Nike official store (Nike.com) has the item in INR and it is the same amount as the stores here. But the items apparently get shipped from the US, or at least from outside the country.

I contacted their support to enquire about customs and import duties and their rep was well informed and ensured you only pay the amount on the checkout page. The shipping charges come to INR 750 and that's it.

I asked her what happens if the delivery partner asks for customs charges during delivery and she said that I can raise a ticket and get it resolved. And then she pointed to this page on the site which says:-

DOES MY NIKE ORDER TOTAL INCLUDE DUTIES AND TAXES?

"Yes, any applicable duties or taxes are included in your order total during checkout. We calculate duties and taxes according to the laws governing the delivery address. And please note, we don't accept tax-exempt orders."

So I should be good right?

Well let's see. I already placed the order and the delivery date is nearly a month away. If anything i will come to know what happens.

In the mean time I wanted to ask if anyone has already done this before and what your experience was.

Thanks.
The shipping charges as of today have been increased to 1250 INR.

One other thing to note which I found out only later was that, the delivery address should match the address mentioned in the ID proof submitted to clear customs. The address in the ID proof I submitted was not the delivery address and that caused even more delays. Just FYI.
Same thing happened with me.
I don't have any ID which has the address that I have provided for the delivery.
Even my provided KYC got rejected, What should I do now ?

I had to cancel and do the order again, this time with the delivery address matching the one in the ID I gave.
(Nike CS didn't allow me to change the delivery address)

Back