Has it happened to you?

It should have rather been - "does it happe to you?", but anyways...

I have this weird thing. Whenever I play a bad (definition later) game, I have this turning feeling in pit of my stomach. It not entirely, but approximately, similar to feeling you have before throwing up. And it is followed by series of burps. And it ends as soon as I stop playing that game.
Enough of gory details :). It seems like some games can really "make you puke."

Now, bad games, according to my stomach, are the ones with bad graphics and more often with bad controls or is repetitive. The strange thing is, I can even remember how it started. It was that DOS based game - Wolf. I remember, in a particular level, you had to explore rooms, by walking through all the doors. That's when it started.

Anyways, does it happen to anyone else too? I find it very strange.

(last game that had this effect was Hitman 2, due to it's controls)
PS : Guess, I can be a game tester :)

when i played some lame games.. i used to get hard poo pressure.. and still i get hard poo pressure sometimes when i visit my pc often and when i see my net down or during troubleshootign .. i also get sweat when i see my pc hanging/restarting anytime/pc problems etc.. :(

ThunderBolt and I are weird person certified for the games/hardware testing ;)

Motion sickness is the problem I think, and it happens with me too.

I stopped playing fast-paced FPS's, because that's what caused it in my case.

^ Umm it also means that your certainly not hardcore overclocker material ;)

Imagine pumping 1.65v into a CPU running at 4.0G+ and not seeing a boot screen, man I tell people you gotta have balls to do that...

Remember, the most important thing with hardware, all skills apart, is calmness, unless your calm, you cant think logically and you'll never be able to solve a problem.

That's why if you have a H/W problem, instead of freaking and posting a "HELP !" thread on TE, just do some different activity like going for a jog or movie.

Come back and try, it'll definitely work out..;)

wat abt my problem :(

i never overclock.. ;) but when it comes to troubleshooting and i dont want to solve the problem then i get problems i mentioned

Params7 said:
Motion sickness is the problem I think, and it happens with me too.

I stopped playing fast-paced FPS's, because that's what caused it in my case.
I don't think so. I play NFS a lot. And FPS' are my favs. But only the boring one trouble me.

Anish said:
^ Umm it also means that your certainly not hardcore overclocker material ;)

Imagine pumping 1.65v into a CPU running at 4.0G+ and not seeing a boot screen, man I tell people you gotta have balls to do that...

Remember, the most important thing with hardware, all skills apart, is calmness, unless your calm, you cant think logically and you'll never be able to solve a problem.

That's why if you have a H/W problem, instead of freaking and posting a "HELP !" thread on TE, just do some different activity like going for a jog or movie.

Come back and try, it'll definitely work out..;)
Misplaced post?:huh:

broar94 said:
hehe sounds like a n00bs to me :p .. j/k .. chill!! and do something else ;)
I'm totally chilled ;). This isn't a problem even. Just wanted to know "how" weird is this :)

nVidiaBeast said:
when i played some lame games.. i used to get hard poo pressure.. and still i get hard poo pressure sometimes when i visit my pc often and when i see my net down or during troubleshootign .. i also get sweat when i see my pc hanging/restarting anytime/pc problems etc.. :(

ThunderBolt and I are weird person certified for the games/hardware testing ;)

Join the gang.:cool2:

ThunderBolt said:
Misplaced post?:huh:
Ehh that was meant for nVidiaBeast :S

@ nvb - As I said, you'd need to relax at that point of time and do some activity that you like apart from computers..

yes man. same here "only the boring one trouble me."
and many misplaced posts here which was boring and i gotta poo got high poo pressure :lol:

@Anish. i respect and its true about ur thought. ive forgotten how to relax.. so i lost interest in computers and gaming. i dont game for hours like before. and i lost the habit. i want my old computer crazy days back :( help me guys if anyone can.. i get poo pressure if i get boring things in my pc :(

this thread just completed my 500th post :D and yeah i am steroids-->overloaded member ;)

^ Hmm in that case, you need to discover a new passion. I had that boring phase, and then I got heavily into web design, before studies intervened of course :p

But seriously, you need to find something you love to do, and it need not be comp related, that's upto you... for starters, find yourself a GF, trust me you get the comp interest as soon as the fights start :rofl:

^^ ive experienced that recently when i was forced to break up with my GF.. i was back to my PC for some days and after some days of breakup i forgot PC and remembered my GF alltime and i think i lost interest in PC cause of that reason only cause i think of her almost whole day and dont feel like computing/gaming :( so how to forget that. I am also suffering depression when i am home and when i am alone.. with friend/bro i am very much cool person. moment im alone, i get transformed into boredome..

this used to happen to me to ...... when i played doom3 on my 6600GT so i didn't played the game much ..... but when i got GTX i completed the game without any trouble .... may be because of low FPS :-/

i cant begin to believe there is such a thing as you describe , but lets say there is .

really the problem is psychological as you must agree . same with nvidabeast . so you both would need to consult a psychiatrist.

Welcome to the other side of the virtual world!!!!!. Happens to me in all 3d games where I have to move mouse extensively . This is supposedly known as motion sickness. The first person view games are the worst. Supposedly, this is a problem with the nose bridge not at right position. I am not saying that you dont have the nose bridge at right place on ur face :) , but the angle between the two eyes and the nosebridge is not right. There are supposedly some corrective procedures surgically ( which i thought is not worth going through just for playing games ) But yeah, i have missed few good games in the past coz of this. Counterstrike, doom3 were two of those. I could play Max Payne partially. Thief3 to some extent. finished playing hitman 2 without a problem though. Had a bit of problem with hitman 3. Infact, i remember downloading The 3d desktop that Quad master had posted in one of the threads sometime back and two minutes after using it, My mouth was having all sorta pukin sensation. Some people have only 3d motion sickness ( like me ) and few have motion sickness for 2d games too. FPS usually, affects the motion sickness. but there are few cases where the environment and the way of sitting also causes or induces motion sickness. And please please

i cant begin to believe there is such a thing as you describe , but lets say there is .

really the problem is psychological as you must agree . same with nvidabeast . so you both would need to consult a psychiatrist.
no wrong information please :)

Probly these couple of links helps everyone

Link 1

Link 2

Anish said:
^ Hmm in that case, you need to discover a new passion. I had that boring phase, and then I got heavily into web design, before studies intervened of course :p

But seriously, you need to find something you love to do, and it need not be comp related, that's upto you... for starters, find yourself a GF, trust me you get the comp interest as soon as the fights start :rofl:

yeah very much true.

only 5-6 days back i had a break up and i was depressed like hell. for 3 days didnt talk to any one...all nite used to think only about her .as it all ended in a very bad way..i just came to know that she was just flirting around and playing games wid my heart and i was just stupid to be so serious in a relationship...

but then now ive again got my pc craze back..love playing CZ all nite long..and then TE is always there..and i just made it clear to me " that i didnt loose anything as she never loved me ,she lost some one who loved her so much " anywayz it doesnt hurt as much as it used to during the first 2-3 days cauz we r still frnds and talk .

and the vest thing than made me get back to normal is TRANCE MUSIC it really is freaking awesome b4 i was never into this trance thing only some techno music but after listning to some of XT's recommend tracks ..it just changed my life.

in the past 1 week it self i got some 7-8 gb of awesome trance music..

once again a big thanx to XT for this..

so maybe all the guys who r depressed ,listning to trance may help u out,cauz in my case the sound just uplifts me ,makes me feel so good..in short sends me in a state of trance ..lolz !

sorry..to make u read my stupid long story but it just makes me feel better ro share my sorrow. anywayz u all r my good frnds and like family members isnt it ??

@ NvidiaBeast

first i thought u must be back to normal after that old depressed thread of u rs.

so all i want to say..is just dont think about the gal..engage u r self in somethin else maybe related to comps or anything else that u like.

.and lemme tell u think a million times b4 having a serious relationship next time.

tht's what i ve decided ..having really 5 rocking frnds(gals) in u r group is better than having a gf. cauz frnds really love u more than anythin else..(atleast in my case).

enjoy life dude...there will be al more better gals who will come in u r life later....:hap2:

..( SORRY for some not related to topic post)

--------and about the main topic of the thread..

yeah i think many ppl feel da same cauz even when i play some games which has its first bad impressions on me just makes me feel ..very...different somethin like u said

a weired feeling in the stomach. so i just stop playing the game .lolz..dont experiment more with the game..

hmmmm! nice info here ... but in my case i have noticed... whenever i m sick or not feeling well.. i play my fav games like nfs, quake and other timpass gaes and that makes me fell better.. after a gaming

yes. having a GF is waste of money... specially when u dont get something u desire.. hope u guys get me :lol: and yes obviously, time too :p

@Faheem.. the story in my case is different.. opp to urs.. we both loved each other and truly.. but my dad forcefully broke up my relationship with her and ur right. i shud forget about the girl maybe.. i tried many times.. but i cannot!!! can u send me ur trance collection by the way.. i too need it for refreshment. im bored listening to my old collection. and well there is nothing to do with my pc. the mobo/processor dont OC :( and no time for pc doing stuffs.. and still depressed cause i get lot of work at office and i get crazy cause of crazy days.. i get tired :( any solutions?

Back