Has nobody played SF4?

ashr

Skilled
Dec 11, 2005
played Street Fighter 4 yet? (EXCEPT YOU KARAN :mad:)

if yes, how is it? if no, what are you waiting for?

Ambar

Adept
Aug 15, 2006
PS3 CE is 5k here =/ would have tried getting the SE if KZ2 wasnt releasing at the same time lol..so how is the game?

Params7

Skilled
Mar 18, 2005
Well, its awesome. Online will be tough as hell since you'll be playing with people who have been playing SF for more than a decade now and when it comes to character evolvement, not much has been done (meaning Hadoken is still down, downforward, forward+punch and Guile has his all charge based moves, but that's the way it should be!) Other than that, this game is a MUST-GET if you were ever a SF fan or a fighter game fan. I'm sure all Pro-reviews say the same thing.

ashr

Skilled
Dec 11, 2005
^ i don't know how hardcore an SF player you are but do you have any idea about how canceling works in this? what about focus attacks? i hear you can use them to "parry" a single hit like a hadouken.

can you pull off the combos in the training mode?

ashr

Skilled
Dec 11, 2005
my goodness. i played it at Blur. AMAZING game. i thought it'd be watered down for newbs but the fighting system is almost as hardcore as Super Turbo.

Params7

Skilled
Mar 18, 2005
ashr said:
^ i don't know how hardcore an SF player you are but do you have any idea about how canceling works in this? what about focus attacks? i hear you can use them to "parry" a single hit like a hadouken.

can you pull off the combos in the training mode?

I haven't got to focus attacks yet, so I don't know about bits of parrying but there's no parry system like it was in SF3 : Third Strike. Canceling works by forward dashing. The training mode is awesome, you can do anything here (for example turn on input data so you will see what exactly you are performing on the joystick and compare it with the moves required, set A.I. to attack on hardest difficulty etc) plus there's a challenges mode for each character, where you are required to perform a load of hardcore combos for that particular character - and then unlock extra costumes and artwork for that character.

sbhadra_84

Disciple
Feb 28, 2009
Awesome game dude. A must own for everybody. Try the n/w battles. The old arcade game looks awesome in consoles. But it is too high priced.

Monalisa

Disciple
Mar 6, 2009
www.thepcogroup.co.uk
My brother was playing it yesterday and he told me that While Street Fighter IV features models and backgrounds rendered in 3D but the gameplay remains on a traditional 2D plane. Also all the characters and environments in Street Fighter IV are rendered as 3D models but there are a couple of key differences. Today i will ask him more details