Hathway introduces ultra high speed internet Plans in South Mumbai

Asking this again as there webpage said with FUP for SpeedWay 1

Unlimited Download Plans with FUP

I use this hathway plan - 512kbps normally and 2.5mbps from 12am-9am without FUP
Monthly charges - 550 including taxes and all

Anyone else who is hitting 100 GB mark on Hathway and no issues asking since Hathway though says unlimited can FUP you

One thing with FTTH broadband from cable guys is that their internal Indian bandwidth and international bandwidth is completely different......when I do a speed test on Spectranet (Bangalore) - I always get 3-4 Mbps on a 4 Mbps plan for a Indian server, but the moment I switch to a non Indian server (say SoftLayer, San Jose) the speed drops to 1.X Mbps. That sucks....not able to watch streaming TV Shows on most video streaming sites....Tried a couple of ISPs, everybody here other than Tikona had the same issue.

One thing with FTTH broadband from cable guys is that their internal Indian bandwidth and international bandwidth is completely different......when I do a speed test on Spectranet (Bangalore) - I always get 3-4 Mbps on a 4 Mbps plan for a Indian server, but the moment I switch to a non Indian server (say SoftLayer, San Jose) the speed drops to 1.X Mbps. That sucks....not able to watch streaming TV Shows on most video streaming sites....Tried a couple of ISPs, everybody here other than Tikona had the same issue.

This doesn't happen on MTNL thankfully...

@dinjo the unlimited plans are Truely unlimited.

Let me get it for 3 months I'll run on a Dual WAN Router to get my MTNL line also running so I'll get 5Mbps at night :)

Let me get it for 3 months I'll run on a Dual WAN Router to get my MTNL line also running so I'll get 5Mbps at night :)

Can you tell how that works? That is how to combine 2 different internet services for a higher combined speed.
Also any router which can do the same with a dongle, i.e. combine the internet speeds of dongle and ethernet both connected to the same router.

Got Hathway Docsis 3.0 installed a month back, problem is the FUP is very low.40 GB not working out, though speeds are awesome. Have paid for 3 months, will also try going for the 75 GB FUP plan to see if that suffices.
As both upload and download are counted, was always on UL plans so first time feeling the pinch of FUP.
CjN5hAn.png

I am probably thinking of going the Dual Wan route with Load balancing , as my previous connected was unlimited with 2 Mbps speeds.
Just observing for some time to see what is my usage and then will take a call accordingly.

@Dushie - where in bangalore are you located? whats your 2mbps unlimited line like? who is the provider?

i am looking for a new broadband connection on ORR - Bellandur green glen layout, hence the questions

Guys after using MTNL for over 5 years I've reached the dead end with them. For the last 3 months I've been struggling with horrendous cable / line faults which has reduced my connection sync to G.lite.

Even their DGM is useless. They keep passing the buck between linesman to Server backend team but have finally revealed the issue appears to be a major primary cable fault somewhere which would require them to have major work done & so for various reasons it's just being put off. Apparently a lot of people in my complex are in the same situation.

I finally decided to switch to Hathway Docsis 3.0 which is being offered in my area as they are the only other alternative. Tata & Airtel have not yet laid their connectivity in my area which is rather surprising because my complex in Wadala is a goldmine for them in Central Mumbai with over 600 flats & potential customers .. Which a Tata communications guy rather dejectedly said was due to the various "costs" of "permissions" being demanded in this area from Officials for underground fibre optic cable laying.

I've heard a lot of horror stories of Hathway but at the same time a few people in my building n area say they are quite good too. I've asked for a try n buy but I would appreciate it if anyone of you'll already using it could share experiences?

Last edited:
@Dushie - where in bangalore are you located? whats your 2mbps unlimited line like? who is the provider?

i am looking for a new broadband connection on ORR - Bellandur green glen layout, hence the questions
I'd stay away from hathway unless no other ISP is available, even if it is Craptel . Very frequent downtime + erratic speed + minuscule upload speed. there's a good reason they got 2.5 stars in speedtest . On top of that you need to commit for 3 months minimum.
Got Hathway Docsis 3.0 installed a month back, problem is the FUP is very low.40 GB not working out, though speeds are awesome. Have paid for 3 months, will also try going for the 75 GB FUP plan to see if that suffices.
As both upload and download are counted, was always on UL plans so first time feeling the pinch of FUP.
CjN5hAn.png

I am probably thinking of going the Dual Wan route with Load balancing , as my previous connected was unlimited with 2 Mbps speeds.
Just observing for some time to see what is my usage and then will take a call accordingly.
How's that connection working for you so far ? I took the same plan but had frequent downtime and half the time speed was not even 5% of the plan. I switched to TTn which is not much better but at least less downtime and less speed issue.

I'd stay away from hathway unless no other ISP is available, even if it is Craptel . Very frequent downtime + erratic speed + minuscule upload speed. there's a good reason they got 2.5 stars in speedtest . On top of that you need to commit for 3 months minimum.

Thanks for your response. Since it was a hassle free installation at my place with them using the existing concealed cabling in my building n flat.. I decided i'd try n see how it performs. I have asked for the HDSTREAM 3 Plan. Will keep this thread updated on my experience.

What area in mumbai are you located at?

How to know what all areas Hathway is present in Mumbai ? Is it available in Borivali (west) ?

Also one more thing, not related to this. I have a tikona like broadband at my home currently. My plan is 1 Mbps and that is what I get in speedtest and torrents and all. But as soon as I start youtube video, it by default switches to 360p which is sort of expected due to limited bandwidth but I see the bandwidth usage in taskbar (using net meter or something) and it shows me 1.5 Mbps to 2 Mbps.
So I force youtube quality to highest (720p to 1080p whatever is available) and the shown speed in taskbar jumps to 3.5 Mbps to 5.5 Mbps. I get buffer free youtube even at 1080p (which is awesome btw). It was not a on off. I tried it on different occasions, different days and results were the same.

Back