Having lot of trouble with Gmail!!

nahi re i tried opening my account from 3 different locations(including mine) it never opens now its almost 1 month since i have checked my gmail account tried all the browser and few techniques but no help :( will quit gmail as of now will try some other service

the problem is exactly the same as wraith posted in his first post
This seems to be taking longer than usual. Your session may have been interrupted. If your account doesn't appear in the next few seconds, please refresh this page in your browser.
If you continue to have trouble loading your account, please visit the help center for troubleshooting information.

btw gmail used to open in exactly 10 seconds prior to 1 month

forgot this but do tell me how many mail u people have those who dont have problems with gmail my mailbox (last viewed) had 2500 mails after tht kaput :(

Hey no problems dear:) The same problem was occuring with me. It automatically dissapeared after a few days:D It is probably a bug in their end

I'm suprised that nobody cared to explain how Gmail works. O.k. there are 3 things at work here :-

1. AJAX :- this is the loading web page & all the bells & whistles u see.

2. Server :- The Google people have server farms & the mail of one person is not on a single machine but on different servers based on labels & folders. GMail looks at what folders are accessed more often & those are kept on either Server Blades or Fibre channel or something like that while things on Archives which are used once in a while take a bit more longer as they are pushed to SATA based storage.

3. They 've something like IBM Trivoli storage & access solutions. In fact Gmail uses trivoli alongwith some other vendors software. Also sometimes the server is down for maintenance but if u're the sort of the person who checks his mail once in every 3-4 hrs. then Gmail gives a better QOS to him. The more time difference between mail checks the priority list goes under. It's a 24*7 queing system with tokens & all.

The best way I've found is use the POP service to download all the mails to TB (Thunderbird - Mozilla e-mail client) no issues till date. Only once the server has been down for couple of hrs. Been using Gmail over 3 yrs. Also do visit the portal once in a while to up the limit on the mail-box.

For the person who hasn't been able to log in a month's time or has been able to log in but not view any mails you need to write a mail to Gmail support. They usually respond within 3 working days. In some cases less than 24 hrs. So hopefully somebody finds this helpful as well as interesting .

Enjoy :)

Hey listen,
I think u need to cool down.
Maybe U are opening too many windows at a time.
If u are downloading anything ... then stop that and then try opening Gmail/
It takes me 10-12 seconds for me to open Gmail.

Systemic Anamoly said:
LMAO virus stopping gmail to load? this is the first time i have sseen a virus having personal issues :rofl:

@shirish lol "true to the word"

@Systemic nowadays viruses do have personal issues. There are viruses which target excel explicitly, they're viruses written for outlook explicitly & there might be viruses which target JRE also. So it could be targeting JRE instead of Gmail.

@bilal I don't know whether u know the difference between a slacker, hacker & a cracker. Please see the definitions & then use them accordingly.

@Wraith any progress on u'r side or still not able to login. Did u try the same from some cyber-cafes & stuff just to see if the same problem persists. Give us updates on what's been happening mate.

Back