Hazare's fast and its Impact

mk76

Adept
Kisan Bapat Baburao Hazare popularly known as Anna Hazare has started a fast up to death from 5 April 2011 at Jantar Mantar in Delhi, to press for the demand to form a joint committee of the representatives of the Government and the civil society to draft a new bill with more stronger penal actions and more independence to the Lokpal and Lokayuktas (Ombudsmen in the states), after his demand was rejected by the Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh

Full text of Anna Hazare's letter to the PM

Thousands join Anna Hazare's anti-graft fight

Impact so far -

1) Anna fast forces Pawar to quit Lokpal panel

2) Hazare fast: people heckle, chase out politicos :clap:

3) Anna breaks fast, Govt bows to anti-graft stir

4) Govt concedes more than what Anna demanded :clap: :clap:

I think the Jan Lokpal Bill is good.

But why did this Anna have to have Shaheed Bhagat Singh's (and Shaheed Rajguru and Sukhdev's) photo behind him during his so called fast unto death??? :mad:

In any case, I have experienced the whims and fancies of Mr. Hazare first hand and I really don't think he'll ever get my support for anything he does. :no:

So, I do support the Jan Lokpal Bill but I do not support Mr. Hazare or his fast.

nehaladsul said:

But why did this Anna have to have Shaheed Bhagat Singh's (and Shaheed Rajguru and Sukhdev's) photo behind him during his so called fast unto death??? :mad:

In any case, I have experienced the whims and fancies of Mr. Hazare first hand and I really don't think he'll ever get my support for anything he does. :no:

So, I do support the Jan Lokpal Bill but I do not support Mr. Hazare or his fast.

what's wrong in having freedom fighters photos behind when fighting for corruption ?

I don't understand why this hate towards him. they were successful in RTI.

btw my POV is reverse :D I support AH for the fast as this movement really took the problem of corruption to the masses and is mobilising them, which the opposition (through parliament), s.swamy and CPIL (through courts) could not do.

but I have reservations over the absolute power that the janlokpal bill demands. combining the powers of executive, investigative, prosecutive, judicial bodies into a single body is very dangerous.. will turn dictatorial. hope this will be duly discussed.

_

DigitalDude said:
what's wrong in having freedom fighters photos behind when fighting for corruption ?

I don't understand why this hate towards him. they were successful in RTI.

btw my POV is reverse :D I support AH for the fast as this movement really took the problem of corruption to the masses and is mobilising them, which the opposition (through parliament), s.swamy and CPIL (through courts) could not do.

but I have reservations over the absolute power that the janlokpal bill demands. combining the powers of executive, investigative, prosecutive, judicial bodies into a single body is very dangerous.. will turn dictatorial. hope this will be duly discussed.
I said I have experienced him (AH) first hand and I have followed Shaheed Bhagat Singh for a long time... Mr. Hazare is light years away from Shaheed Bhagat Singh. :mad:

Him posting photos of the martyrs behind him signifies that he is one of them and I beg to differ. Shaheed Bhagat Singh has had no equal and will never have one. Not even Gandhi.

I have no issue with him posting photos of Gandhi all around him... Gandhi was a politician... But why Shaheed Bhagat Singh?? :mad:

Neway, I do have to say that you are absolutely spot on when you say that combining all functions in one body is a disaster. :clap:

^^^ you are misunderstanding. we have deities photos to make our event successful and give motivation.

in this kind of event they are the deities doing the above said role. it's obvious that no one can claim equal to their stature.

_

nehaladsul said:
but I do not support Mr. Hazare or his fast.

Why neha ? Well, I don't know much about the matter, but this guy made quite a name in facebook too, getting lots of request to 'like' his page

Oh. Move along now its another thread from Nehal and the melodrama :p. Irrespective of the photos behind him, if something good comes out of this then its all good or else we're back on square one. Nothing really to comment or bombard the thread with multiple quotes and annoying "analysis". TBH, if one has to fast and influence his supporters to fast just to make a point? Pretty much shows how effective our version of democracy is.

BTW- use quotes to highlight the sentence rather than highlighting the sentence using bold font and then quoting the entire post.

zikh28.jpg
s2bitj.jpg

nehaladsul said:

So, I do support the Jan Lokpal Bill
Read it yet ?

@OP
What is the impact of this bill ?

Simple, weight loss + free publicity, nothing more.

This was discussed on "India tonight" last year and the mood was lukewarm.

The bill simply means more power to the people and a little less power to govt influenced judiciary. Its a good start. I see the fault finding teams popping out of nowhere which is sad; its probably paid op-editorials.

Dhoni should take his whole team to jantar mantar and offer moral support. It will make it difficult for the media to start any anti-hazare campaign by going against the world cup champions at this point of time.

Everyone should consider sending requests to sachin on his twitter page - https://twitter.com/sachin_rt

avi said:
Why neha ? Well, I don't know much about the matter, but this guy made quite a name in facebook too, getting lots of request to 'like' his page
FYI Anna Hazare is well known since long long time, much before mark zukerburg was born.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Back