Hazare's fast and its Impact

Crossx

Adept
Apr 17, 2009
I don't see it as publicity stunt, but more like public awareness. Most people in this country don't know the extent of the black money stocked in overseas banks and the positive change that money can bring if brought back and used in a non-corrupt way.

avi

Skilled
Nov 23, 2010
malhotraraul said:
FYI Anna Hazare is well known since long long time, much before mark zukerburg was born.
I know that rahul. What I am trying to say is, people[read : my friends] simply pressing likes-likes-likes before they know the full matter yet. And I too don't know. Some saying it's lemon (link) and some say it's good. I wanted to know, that's why I asked neha.

I read this - Jan Lok Pal – Caveat Emptor « Reality Check India - article, according to it, it is a lemon. Is that so ? I read it, but couldn't understand anything. Is that author making a valid points ?? Somebody please explain me :ashamed:

Neo-N

Skilled
Mar 26, 2010
Mumbai
avi said:
Why neha ? Well, I don't know much about the matter, but this guy made quite a name in facebook too, getting lots of request to 'like' his page

This bill looks good on paper. It is meant to curb corruption better than anyone or anything else. But it remains a fact that the unison of the Executive and Judiciary into one will be a disaster. The bill proposes to make the Lokpal the IO as well as grants him the power of the Civil court. This is a no brainer.

It is obvious that if the Lokpal Members will have a biased view of affairs if they are entrusted both powers in such a lame manner.

Imagine what would happen if the Lokpal Members themselves are corrupt. India would be doomed then... :(

These are the 2 most important points that need reconsideration. That apart, the time limit for deciding cases is absolutely spot on.
The Sorcerer said:
Oh. Move along now its another thread from Nehal and the melodrama :p.

I didn't start this thread.
And what melodrama are you talking about anyway?? Do me a favor and take your own advice... Move along please... :|
blr_p said:
Read it yet ?

Is that sarcasm?? If yes, then please enlighten me... :p

avi

Skilled
Nov 23, 2010
^well for this, you shouldn't be supporting bill right ? You are saying other way around neha :

nehaladsul said:
So, I do support the Jan Lokpal Bill but I do not support Mr. Hazare or his fast.

Neo-N

Skilled
Mar 26, 2010
Mumbai
avi said:
^well for this, you shouldn't be supporting bill right ? You are saying other way around neha :
I do support the bill... I mentioned that in a subsequent post that unison of powers is a disaster... The bill as a whole is good and the only gripe is the unison of powers... And one can assume that the bill will be accepted (if at all!) only after the necessary changes to curb this dangerous unison of powers...

nehaladsul said:
Neway, I do have to say that you are absolutely spot on when you say that combining all functions in one body is a disaster. :clap:

OT: How do I attach a word document to a post?? I want to attach the Bill Draft so that people can have some perspective on the bill...

trigger

Adept
May 20, 2009
nehaladsul said:
But it remains a fact that the unison of the Executive and Judiciary into one will be a disaster. The bill proposes to make the Lokpal the IO as well as grants him the power of the Civil court. This is a no brainer.

It is obvious that if the Lokpal Members will have a biased view of affairs if they are entrusted both powers in such a lame manner.

Imagine what would happen if the Lokpal Members themselves are corrupt. India would be doomed then... :(

But again the system is already compromised. The committees, commissions & agencies are totally biased, people simply cry foul at the outcome and then all silence. India is already doomed, look at the list of scams happened in India of late. We have the best swindlers in the world and add to that all are roaming freely...

avi

Skilled
Nov 23, 2010
I hope poeple from karnataka know about Santosh Hegde, my question is how it is different from Lokayukta ?

blr_p

Skilled
Apr 11, 2007
nehaladsul said:
Is that sarcasm?? If yes, then please enlighten me... :p
No, but as a law student i wanted you to be more verbose on why you supported the bill.

You have done so in subsequent posts and agree with what you said.

mk76

Adept
Dec 4, 2008
nehaladsul said:

Yup. That's why it is said that corruption flows from top. And it becomes very important to choose the right person for that spot.

I am not sure of AH but people like Kiran Bedi are better fit.

malhotraraul

Skilled
Oct 20, 2008
Mumbai / Thane
more than a million hits & around 30k likes on facebook for anna hazare, if this would have been a thread of a girl asking for help, this would have been an epic thread.

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
Oct 7, 2009
Top Gear Test Track
nothing will come out of this fast. the power divide between us - the common people and them(the ones with power ) is far too great. the only way we can get rid of corruption and corrupt leaders is by a mass revolution and uprising. but tbh no one has time for that--hence we put up with corruption and corrupt people and move on accepting them as a necessary evil often present to get our work done faster.

asingh

Staff member
Super Mod
Jun 13, 2009
New Delhi
Nothing is going to happen. It is too deep rooted. How can the government machinery (all the individuals working for it) be replaced/changed/removed.

Part of India now. Live with it.

madnav

Skilled
Jun 15, 2008
Navi Mumbai
malhotraraul said:
Where do I get heat sincing missile?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
sensing....seems you have not got used to swype as of yet :p

also, civil war need not require weapons of a modern combat...

6pack

ex-Mod
Sep 19, 2005
madnav said:
a civil war is necessary to revolutionize the current State.
in what way?

what can a civil war do other than terrorize the common man? remember in a civil war usually only the bad elements like local political party heads and their supporters take interest in looting and damaging the very place they were made in charge of. most peace loving citizens are scared of getting hurt and will stay at home during such times.

the after effects of a war are even worse. if a war broke out people would destroy the place till nothing stood on the ground. the cost of rebuilding the place would be so huge as to put the country into a financial crisis.