HDTV buying advice template

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDTV buying advice thread

^Yes and the SSXX panels as well.

The most common panel - not so sure of that. I've seen all the 3 on the 40C530 TBH but the majority was the SS/SQ.

haha, then my gamble paid off I guess :D... Ok tell me how to get more out of this TV.

Calibration. Best 2.1 system I can buy or is a 5.1 recomendded? If so how much for

a home theater setup?

Could someone share the latest price of Samsung 40C530? I was getting it on Diwali for 45k and need to know if the price has gone down. Also not much difference between Samsung C550 and 530, does that make 550 a better buy. Keep in mind I have an HTPC that would be connected to my LCD.

On a seperate note, do Plasmas make good PC monitors... my current setup is Samsung LCD connected to my HTPC. I sit at a distance of 8 feet and browse internet, watch movies etc from my bed. Need to replicate the same in new setup and leaning on LCD. Only reason for asking about a Plasma is that I save 10k...

techcheat said:
Could someone share the latest price of Samsung 40C530? I was getting it on Diwali for 45k
Where are you guys getting it for that price. All these retail chains have it listed for 55K :O :O

Renegade : all those retail chains have prices inflated but they succumb to bargain pressure :). Bargain your heart out.

On Diwali, Croma gave us 65k listed samsung 40C630 at 58k. so you should be able to bring it down to 50k atleast.

techcheat said:
Could someone share the latest price of Samsung 40C530? I was getting it on Diwali for 45k and need to know if the price has gone down. Also not much difference between Samsung C550 and 530, does that make 550 a better buy. Keep in mind I have an HTPC that would be connected to my LCD.

On a seperate note, do Plasmas make good PC monitors... my current setup is Samsung LCD connected to my HTPC. I sit at a distance of 8 feet and browse internet, watch movies etc from my bed. Need to replicate the same in new setup and leaning on LCD. Only reason for asking about a Plasma is that I save 10k...
Where in Delhi are you getting that price? Pankaj Electronics?

@freefrag : Panasonic, Lg manufacture 37 inchers but they are quite few on shelf. also earlier sony used to have 37 inchers if some dealer have old stock you may get your hands on one.

Avoid 37 inchers from Samsung/Sony. They use the inferior AMVA panels.

Desecrator said:
Avoid 37 inchers from Samsung/Sony. They use the inferior AMVA panels.
+1 they can also come with SMVA panels which are even worse.
Besides there isn't much of difference in price compared to the 40".

The Panasonic may use a Lg IPS panel .As with IPS tech they have good viewing angle which is great for monitors,camera etc but for watching videos a tv with high contrast is better ,which means you get more depth in the image apart from deep blacks.

The image processing in the samsung and Sony are one of the best.

Finally got the LA32C530 for 33k :D 50 DVD pack and mounting brackets free(still not 100% sure abt this). SQ01 panel :eek:hyeah: Will get airtel DTH in a few days. Thanks guys.

^Awesome! Have fun and yeah, do calibrate the display to achieve the best results. :)

Desecrator said:
^Awesome! Have fun and yeah, do calibrate the display to achieve the best results. :)
:) Any fixed settings for TV viewing :ashamed: Will get to fiddle with it once i go home for hols. Thanks for this thread Gannu. Excellent one for ppl looking to buy HDTV's.

After reading the earlier posts it seems Samsung LA32C530 is a really good deal for 32'' one. But I was wondering if anyone has any experience on LA32C550? I am sure that I won't be investing in a new TV for next 6-8 yrs. So want to make sure that I am going to buy the one which is good one even if it costs slightly more. Will there be any noticeable difference in them?

Is it true that both of above don't have HDTV tuner built-in? We may not need it now, but won't that be bad if DD starts terrestrial HD broadcasting in future?

Also if any one from Pune has brought one of the above, can you please give me an advice about shops where it is cheaper?

DarkAngel said:
:) Any fixed settings for TV viewing :ashamed: Will get to fiddle with it once i go home for hols. Thanks for this thread Gannu. Excellent one for ppl looking to buy HDTV's.
+1 on all count!

DarkAngel said:
Actually you need to fiddle around until you get the colors straight. There is a thread on avsforums wherein many professionals have used a calibration tool to get the colors right. I shall post the link later. :)

Have you checked the playback of media through the USB port? It plays a whole lot of files. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back