HDTV buying advice template

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDTV buying advice thread

@darkangel,

They are offerring a free wall mount with tv, take that but dont install it, Keep it if you need in case. It costs 1500 bucks for a new one.

medpal said:
@darkangel,

They are offerring a free wall mount with tv, take that but dont install it, Keep it if you need in case. It costs 1500 bucks for a new one.
They are offering Free Big TV STB and 50 DVD's instead of it ;) So i think thats a decent deal. Hoping for the panel to be SPVA :)

Desecrator said:
You cannot get a P42V20 in under 50k. It retails for ~60k in the retail chain. The grey market prices may not differ by 10k. Not very sure but worth a shot because this display kicks some serious butt in terms of the PQ and black levels compared to LED backlit/edgelit displays with local dimming worth a lac.

Increase the budget and grab it I'd say. Worth every penny spent.
Plasma are extinct in grey market for nearly 5 years now.Reason given by grey dealers are cost of shipping is high,since all tvs come via flight.Damages caused during its trip within india Via Train are higher.

Desecrator said:
Samsung LA40C630 or Sony 40EX400. Both can be availed under 60k.
Samsung LA32C530 via the retail chain or the Sony 32EX400 from the grey market.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

You cannot get a P42V20 in under 50k. It retails for ~60k in the retail chain. The grey market prices may not differ by 10k. Not very sure but worth a shot because this display kicks some serious butt in terms of the PQ and black levels compared to LED backlit/edgelit displays with local dimming worth a lac.

Increase the budget and grab it I'd say. Worth every penny spent.
Which is better when it comes to features and PQ?

I can get the Sony for 27k from ebay with coupon and has 1 year manufacture warranty. I cannot find the Samsung TV in ebay.

adder said:
Plasma are extinct in grey market for nearly 5 years now.Reason given by grey dealers are cost of shipping is high,since all tvs come via flight.Damages caused during its trip within india Via Train are higher.
Hey then how were the Pioneer PDPs imported and sold through the grey market? I suppose we did not yet have an official distri for the Kuro lineup here.

hahahari said:
Which is better when it comes to features and PQ?

I can get the Sony for 27k from ebay with coupon and has 1 year manufacture warranty. I cannot find the Samsung TV in ebay.
Both have the same panels so inarguably the best displays. Media playback-wise via USB, Samsung wins since it supports a lot of formats unlike Sony.

How about visiting a showroom and judging it?

Desecrator said:
Hey then how were the Pioneer PDPs imported and sold through the grey market? I suppose we did not yet have an official distri for the Kuro lineup here.

Well afaik the Kuros were available officially with bill and warranty hence the insane price tag.Thus far in the grey markets in chennai and bangalore for the past 5 years i haven't spotted a single plasma for sale.

I picked up a Samsung 40" C650 for 60K in Bangalore. Actual Price 72K with 17% Employee discount. Waiting for installation!

What are series 6 advantages over series 5 in samsung. Looking to get either a 40" or a 46".

^100 Hz motion interpolation technology, ethernet post at the back to connect to a pc/router/nas to access and stream files, few cosmetic changes for the bezels (slightly thinner).

hahahari said:
Got the samsung. Thnx dude. I got the Tv along with a fridge for 40k. Paid 33xxx
The 32C530 I believe? Nice!

What panel? SS01? :p

^You're buying it in India or England?

In India the LG 42LD460 is priced at around 46k. pretty good price for that price...

^^ Are the prices from a big electronics store such as Vijay Sales or Croma ??......and i will be buying from Mumbai.

Alternatives: Sony 40EX400/Samsung LA40C530.

IINM you have asked the query in this thread before.

^^ First time posting on this thread........could anyone confirm if Croma or Vijay Sales (or any other big electronic store) let's you check the serial no. for the panels......

The pannel is SQ02. Am I right when I say that the best among them?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I went to all the big stores and the lowest I coud get was 35k for it. So I took a gamble of assuming a smaller shop with lower volume movement would have an older stock with S series panells. And I also got it for 33.5k ... not too shabby I guess.

^They do not let you open the seal. None of the stores generally do. But they might tell you the stats of the previous displays sold and what panels they were, provided they know the panel technology used. Most of the dealers are unaware of this.

@Desecrator, Iam saying that thats what I did. I endded up with a SQ02 panel.

Also question, SQ02 is a panel manufactured by samsung and is the best right???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back