HDTV buying advice template

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDTV buying advice thread

Aman27deep said:
Gannu bhai AKAI 32" Full HD LED TV for 26k... Worth it?
Nope! Stay away from cheaper brands such as Akai, VU etc. They probably rely on a panel from a tier-3 manufacturer and the PQ would be mediocre at best.

What happened to the Samsung LA32C530 purchase? That display has a confirmed SQ panel. I've lost count of the number of members in the forum who got this display recently. :p

Gannu said:
For your requirements, the LCD displays should be the best bet. However, if you were to watch a lot of HD content, the plasma would be better.
does 1080p content look better on 32 inch LCD or 42 inch Plasma?

Gannu said:
Nope! Stay away from cheaper brands such as Akai, VU etc. They probably rely on a panel from a tier-3 manufacturer and the PQ would be mediocre at best.

What happened to the Samsung LA32C530 purchase? That display has a confirmed SQ panel. I've lost count of the number of members in the forum who got this display recently. :p
I am confused between full hd and hd ready performance on dth. if no hd channel in dth mean do i need to scale down full hd to 720 for better viewing exp if this is the case then why not to buy hd ready instead of full hd. and if HD i am confused between sony ex400 and samsung c530

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

johndoe104102 said:
thats the confusion as many guides and people said diff of full hd 1080p is hardly visible in screen below 40. and again dth tv performace on hd ready is better then full hd reason being lack of hd channels and for good viewing need to full full hd as 720 for better dth exp

Gannu said:

Dad is Adamant about spending more than 25-26k for a TV, and i wanna shift a 32 inch inside of that, 26 inches are too small :/

Aman27deep said:
Dad is Adamant about spending more than 25-26k for a TV, and i wanna shift a 32 inch inside of that, 26 inches are too small :/
ur room size. buy according to room not by screen if ur viewing distance is 8 to 9 feets buy 32 else buy 26

johndoe104102 said:

Please refer the chart I've put up int he first link and compare it with the viewing distance. You will get an idea. :)

It is not merely the content that makes the difference here.
Aman27deep said:
26" doesn't make sense Aman. Persuade him to buy the 32inch display. And tell him about the advantages of the better panel, USB media-play capability et al. :p

Gannu said:
Please refer the chart I've put up int he first link and compare it with the viewing distance. You will get an idea. :)

It is not merely the content that makes the difference here.

26" doesn't make sense Aman. Persuade him to buy the 32inch display. And tell him about the advantages of the better panel, USB media-play capability et al. :p
I know, i know, i will try :(

Aman27deep said:
I know, i know, i will try :(
as due to ur budget issues its not even wise to go for low lvl 32 then a nice 26 inches

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

finally i am going to buy LG 460 as its with ips pannel full hd and play all format from usb its sound is better then samsung c530 even panel is better. final price 32k with tata sky hd

1. Budget-40 to 50K

2. Viewing distance-15ft

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc-Full HD/ Good picture quality

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV- LCD TV

5. Preference for brands: Any brand with good A.S.S

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market: No

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room: Regular lighting

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc: To play mkv files of USB.

Please mentioned the exact model numbers as its for my bro who is in Hyd and what precautions to be taken when purchasing the TV

^Samsung LA40C530. Watch out for the panel differences and refer the first post in this thread. :)

delhiboy1000 said:
whats the difference between C530 & C550?
Here you go

Gannu said:
Between C530 and C550, the following are the differences in a nutshell:

-Aesthetics; bezel is slightly thinner for the C550 and the ToC design.

-DLNA capabilities do not exist for the C530; i.e. there are no ethernet ports so you cannot connect this TV to the PC/router to share the media from the PC.

-Contrast ratio is slightly lower for the C530; but in actual the differences perceived for the human eye are much less.

BTW Gannu bhai, are those differences same for the 32 and the 40 inch models?

Hey guys, I own a Samsung UA46B7000WRMXL TV bought more than a year ago.

How do I know which panel is it? :S

I tried looking at the back of the TV but found nothing that helped (may be I didn't know what to look for :ashamed:).

^At the right side of the panel. Look for a sticker that reads the model code, serial number and version.

^

I saw that already.

Can one judge it by the Serial No?

Because there's nothing else other than the Model Code, Serial No, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back