Audio Headphones for around 100$

@Sackboy.
You have to get your priorities set first... u said u needed it for gaming too , if thats the case ad700 , if u want to use with a pmp would recommend ath-m50,supposed to have much much more bass then ad700 and sq also supposed to be better minus being soundstage and tight clamping force of the headphones compared to the ad700

Hi! As we are the Distributor for Audio Techinca Headphones in the country. We have given a little insight on these HP on our Dealer section. Anyways here is the summary. The AD700 belongs to the audiophile category, the M50 belongs to the Studio Monitor Category.

The AD700 is what you should go for if your concern is comfort. They are well suited for music and gaming, and offers very good sound-stage.

M50 are more musical and offer very good sound isolation. They do not breath as much, though.

If you can spend a little more you should go for A900. They will give you best of both the world at a sane price.

If you happen to be from Mumbai, you can visit us to demo them and buy them in USA!

^ but not as much as AD700 , if I may add. The M50s have a good amount of clamping force to provide maximum isolation and as a result there is hardly any breathing for your ears .Due to this the ears tend to heat up after about 2-3 hrs of continuous usage. If you live in a cold region or have air conditioning on all the time it wouldn't cause any issues. But in summers of a humid city like Mumbai it can be slightly bothering . Having said that ,the M50 are still lot more comfortable than most closed cans in its price range.

The AD700 provide maximum comfort due to the patented 3D Wings technology of Audio Technica which actually gives a weightlessness feeling to the headphones . At the same time due to almost non-existent clamping force , the AD700 provide no isolation at all and leak a lot of sound.

M50 has arrived at my brothers place :D

he say they are amazing m now the 15 day wait begins ...

also i have an iPod touch , good enough for music or not ?

The almost full volume of the iPod touch driving the M50 is equal to 50% volume on the iPod touch while being used with an iem with good sound isolation.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Which one did u go for, coiled or straight cable?

Back