Audio Headphones for around $175?

indy1811

Skilled
I'm currently using a Sennheiser HD555 which is on it's last legs. Looking for similar headphones. Will mostly be used on a PC with the Asus Xonar DGX sound card. No plans of using a headphone amp.

Main requirements:
  • Full sized, circumaural headphones
  • Comfortable. Would prefer headphones with cloth earpads. (velour pads?)
  • Decent bass, not overpowering
  • Balanced sound. Will be using it for movies, music, and gaming...in that order
I've already used the ATH M50 and didn't find it very comfortable. The earpads were made from leatherette which made my ears sweat a lot.

I'm considering the following headphones:

Beyerdynamic DT 770 - 80Ohms
Vmoda Crossfade LP2
Denon A1100D
Sennheiser 558

My budget is around $175 and the headphones will be sourced from the US. My cousin will get it here next month.

though a little higher than your budget , but suits your requirements ( movies, music , games ) perfectly.

the AKG K702.[DOUBLEPOST=1363672048][/DOUBLEPOST]oh, but that will need a headphone amp.

mabe ell your soundcard and get xonar st /stx , that will be enough to power the K702 ( there re quite a fewdeals in TE mrket or it )

@strategy

Thanks for the suggestion bro. But buying a headphone and then buying an amp separately would be too costly bro. I have an Asus Xonar DGX card and will be using that to power the headphones.

How is the Brainwavz M5? Have been reading quite a few good reviews about it. Also, the earpads are replaceable...

Last edited by a moderator:
all earpads are replaceable .. aren't they. unless your are talking extremely cheap stuff.

i suggested them because before i sold them off, i used them with games , and boy they were awesome with games, great surround sound. you will not look back. money is never good saved up in bank :p , spent it .

Back