height info

h4x0R

Adept
Hi guys after reading couple of post's in TE there are many Gym freaks here so i thought of making this thread. im 174cms height and 19yrs old. my dad is 5.9 and i want to be like 6.1 or 6.2! :bleh: can you guys share/suggest diet/food and exercise. :hap2:

Height is mostly genetic .. you can influence it a bit with ur diet , about 1-2 inches, not more than that. Unless of course you'r prepared to run the risk of taking a growth hormone injection :lol: :p

Sirf uchalne aur latakne se height nahi badhti mummy se kaho Complan pilao :rofl: Jokes apart .. Well height depends on Genes as already stated .. The dominant gene [Mom or Dad]will be responsible for creating height.. In case you wanna increase it try playing games like Tennis , Basketball, Volleyball coupled with healthy diet and take complan :lol:

^^ i'm 19 and i'm 174cm too :bleh:

since we have the same queries,i would like to add 1 more question to it..

what should we be weighin' for age 19 n height 170-ish :p

(i'm somewhere btw 50-55 i guess :S)

Generally people grow longer when they are in the range 15-18. There is a short time span when u can urself notice ur height changing like everyday.

So if u have already faced that span, i dont think now u will grow any longer.

I am 5'9, 20 years. My bro is 5'11 and he is 16....soon to be 17. He was 5'2 in 10th(15 yrs) standard and we all thought he would be short all his life.

What i have noticed is that if u eat good quantity, all that goes and contributes in ur height if u r in that span.

But anyways, as many said, heights are genetically programmed, so u cant make big changes. 5'8 is a very decent height and u will know its worth when u grow older. Long people have many difficulties in old age. In my opinion, 6ft is the best. Any more than that would be overkill. :p

I ve searched i google and i came with following results to increase height.

Take up cycling or swimming.Cycling those racer cycles are extremely good as they have enough room for your legs to be stretched. is this true if yes can u guys suggest me a good affordable racer cycle.

Cycling, swimming, playing basketball and eating protein rich food.

Although 19 yrs is little late for increasing height but there is no harm in trying, who knows it might make a difference.

AFAIK (not sure) height growth stops at 16 for both male and females. best way to increase your height is to run and hang (poles) DON'T do weight lifting (Miltary Press, Squat is a strict no-no as they put pressure on your spinal cord) how tall you are also depends on your parent's attributes. to a large extent, it's genetic. also, eat Protein (Nutrilite Protein Powder is highly recommended)

Height is generally genetic. Though i think your daily routine can have a small impact too. Yup those sort of exercises will help but only to an extent considering the fact that you are 19 already.

Kumar said:
me 24 and 6ft

I was 6ft before i turned 17 :)

Well jus make sure u dont start using dumbells...i know many guys who at young age say in 9th std started using dumbelss to impress gals with body...but all have short height than me(i m 170cm)..so make sure u dont use them......ALso skipping at early age used to be important stuff for height gain.....but dude its more to do with genes and hormone....

A guy keeps growing till 21 years of age, so I guess you still have time. Eat calcium, so that your bones are strong enough to handle the excess weight and grow.

Play basketball and eat a protein rich diet. Btw, funny coincidence, I'm 19, 174 cms and weigh around 55 kilos.

Yamaraj said:
Playing basketball doesn't make you tall. Tall people play basketball.

??? What makes you say that. :S

or was that a sarcastic comment.

Btw couple of weeks ago, i saw a documentary on Discovery channel which said that all countries where rice is the staple diet, average height of ppl in these countries is little lower compared with the rest of the world. Thatz bcoz the body does not get enough proteins.

^ Yes. And thats an even bigger fact in India. You might laugh at chinese people and call them short but the average Chinese/pakistani is taller than the average indian according to most surveys.

The reason is a predominantly vegetarian diet which is unable to provide enough protein. Thats why we suck at sports too I guess :p

Back