height info

I dunno how to skip? can any help me any Idea's,suggestions on how to get it started lolz :ashamed: do i need to buy a special Skipping rope from those sports shops?

most of you people ...have got good heights above 5 ft 7 " ..

i am still 5 5" .(in the last 2 yrs ..the growth is hardly 1 inch or so..)

age 17 years ,11 months.

weight - 58 kgs..

.i know many guys who at young age say in 9th std started using dumbelss to impress gals with body...but all have short height than me...so make sure u dont use them
lol thts funny reasoning, dumbels dont make u short :p pull ups and sport like basketball are sure to give u boost
i m satisfied with mine 5'10" :D and btw genes do help more than pull ups and basketball

faheem_m said:
most of you people ...have got good heights above 5 ft 7 " ..
i am still 5 5" .(in the last 2 yrs ..the growth is hardly 1 inch or so..)
age 17 years ,11 months.
weight - 58 kgs..

Don't worry dude, you still have 2 years to gain height.

Do pull-ups and such stuff and as was said in the above post, genes also play a part.

I dont know why people worry soo much about height. I think the key is keeping fit and nothing more.

im well past growing age, 6 feet tall. I dont know how to swim and rarely skipped. Actually my sister used to skip a lot, she is 5' 3" .

Yamaraj said:
No need for that. I have a proof now.

midget_basketball.jpg

rofl :rofl::rofl:

......... that was funny :D

I'm 43.. and I am 5 foot 7" (don't know it in centimeters and don't care)

Sorry... but as mentioned it is genetic....There is nothing you can do to increase you height, a healthy diet and exercise will prevent you from getting osteoperosis (bone calcification and loss, causing stooped shoulders and loss of height)

If you are healthy and exercising, you are bound to have a higher muscle mass ratio, so you are likely to weigh more, this is perfectly ok. Take it from me (I am 43) exercise is Soooooooo important.... I used to be the type of person that could look at food and lose weight... skinny skinny skinny... but your metabolism slows down as you get older (the average male gains about 10lbs every 10 years, and after 40 your metabolism completely changes)

Even though I eat healthy foods and exercise, I had to make some dramatic changes to stay thin and not gain a gut after 40. START NOW, it is much easier if you make a lifelong habit of it. You will live longer, have better blood pressure, and be a much healthier happier individual. I exercise hard about an hour a day, i take boxing and kickboxing classes and jump rope.

A little about jump rope, my new favorite excercise....

From an energy standpoint, jumping rope at about 130 revolutions per minute is similar to running at 6 miles per hour or cycling 12 miles per hour.

While running or jogging, each foot absorbs up to 5 times the body weight from the force of the impact as the foot hits the ground. This force of hitting the ground can cause damage to the feet, ankles, hips and knees. But in rope skipping, the shock of hitting the ground is absorbed by both feet allowing the calf muscles to control and absorb the impact.

According to the American College of Sports Medicine, skipping rope is among the activities it recommends for aerobic conditioning. In order to improve heart and lung health, it must be performed 3 to 5 times per week for 12 to 20 minutes an hour, and at an intensity that will get the heart rate into training range.

Back