height info

I am 18 & hieght is 170cm

is there any way to increase it further just 1 or 2 inches??

what about getting medical treatment??

are they effective?

are the harmfull??

Well, the best way to increase ur height is cycle up to the basketball court[and play of course] that is atleast 5 kms away.. trust me it works.. well thats how i grew tall :p

[194cm @ 22 yrs old] :D

nobody suggest skipping? common man thats far easier than Basketball and hanging from a tree. with out the right weight at 6.1" u'll look odd m8. so take care of it too.

h4x0R said:
I ve searched i google and i came with following results to increase height.

Take up ... swimming.

This is not true - as I was a competitive swimmer and I am 5.7, and I dont remember any one in the competitions who was extra tall - even at the All India Swimming competitions !! In fact most swimmers as far as I remember were shorter than normal. Maybe people shrink in the water :eek:hyeah:

evox said:
AFAIK (not sure) height growth stops at 16 for both male and females. best way to increase your height is to run and hang (poles) DON'T do weight lifting (Miltary Press, Squat is a strict no-no as they put pressure on your spinal cord) how tall you are also depends on your parent's attributes. to a large extent, it's genetic. also, eat Protein (Nutrilite Protein Powder is highly recommended)

intaking Nutrilite Protein Powder does it cause any side effects now or in future. is it safe to health.

I'm 26 and 5.11 ft. Been like tht for the last 7-8 years or so..:p But afaik, i never did anything to gain tht height..it came naturally..(n stopped growing naturally too..:p )
But yeah, do a lot of hanging exercises(but dont put the rope around ur neck..:bleh: )... swimming is also a very good exercise for increasing height. One of my cousin has been a swimming since the age of 14 (he is 32 now..) and his height is an abnormal 6.4 ft...:O and his parents have average height.

Plus cycling can help stretch ur muscles too...get those bsa mach1 type racing cycles...n go riding!!

kippu said:
short people also play basketball..... ask iverson
No need for that. I have a proof now.

midget_basketball.jpg

Eazy said:
This is not true - as I was a competitive swimmer and I am 5.7, and I dont remember any one in the competitions who was extra tall - even at the All India Swimming competitions !! In fact most swimmers as far as I remember were shorter than normal. Maybe people shrink in the water :eek:hyeah:

Two of my friends used to swim n play basketball regularly. Their height is around 6", their parents height is average around 5.6", one of my friends bro is around 5.4 (he hated basketball n swimmin) :eek:hyeah:

Yes it can be coincidence but if do those exercises you are not going to loose anything. it will help your body even if it doesnt increase ur height.

Private Ryan said:
I'm 26 and 5.11 ft. Been like tht for the last 7-8 years or so..:p But afaik, i never did anything to gain tht height..it came naturally..(n stopped growing naturally too..:p )
But yeah, do a lot of hanging exercises(but dont put the rope around ur neck..:bleh: )... swimming is also a very good exercise for increasing height. One of my cousin has been a swimming since the age of 14 (he is 32 now..) and his height is an abnormal 6.4 ft...:O and his parents have average height.

Plus cycling can help stretch ur muscles too...get those bsa mach1 type racing cycles...n go riding!!

should i spend my money on a racing cycle coz i already own three bikes
i dont remember the number correctly 2 or 3

1. normal hercules MTB
2.5 gear bike dunno the name not sure (i think hercules ) :ashamed:
3.blue hercules bike with 2 shox front and back

these bikes are at my uncles place.

should i invest my money on a new racing cycle or any of the above bike suffices my needs??? requirements. and none commented on my protein question intaking Nutrilite Protein Powder does it cause any side effects now or in future. is it safe to health.

Hacker said:
Two of my friends used to swim n play basketball regularly. Their height is around 6",

Casual swimming is quite different to competitive swimming which is what I did. I used to start my training at 6 AM when the pool opened till 12 noon when it closed and similarly from 4 PM to 8 PM, I went thru rigorous training routines as did all the competitive swimmers - so if any one would gain height from swimming it would be us. SADLY DID NOT HAPPEN :(

so guys should i get a new racing cycle does it really help me ? and one thing about my diet i eat 75%nonveg :tongue: 25% and less veg :bleh:

looking at my diet should i take Nutrilite Protein Powder?? if yes can someone help me to a new balance diet. :hap2:

Dear Friend
Best of luck for your quest!

And yes the good news is yes its possible to increase hieght at your age definately as far as Medical Knowledge goes
Hormones are out of question dont use them , we use these only in patient with some hormonal pathology to counter that and never to suppliement normal hormones

Now how does height increase?

In medical terms at your age the best chances are your vertibral colum ( spine ) can definately grow 1-3 inch with very active life style including streching exercises which include runing cycling and basketball and Yoga

The more important fact is the diet, if you eat non veg than you are lucky, it is difficult to get extra protiens and that too which body takes up easily are difficult to get from Veg Food .Try taking small meals more number of times spread over the day. Just to stress agian DIET is most Important factor proven medical to effect height beyong your genetic potential so do consider it seriously . Just to give you example if any of you cousin ahve immigrated to States ( I have observed it in atleast five differnt people ) they tend to taller after some years of staying there . I have personally had been living in UK for 3 years and in this time I gained 1 inch in height that also at age of 23 years just due to the fact that I am single and in UK its easy to get NON veg fast food /ready to eat than Veg .
Good Luck and be determined in what you do this helps the most
Thanks

Dont do weight training

There is no medicine to increase height after the epiphyseal plates of your long bones fuse which usually do by 18-20 years of age.

Don't be disheartened by short stature, a man is larger by his actions.

Since, you are a teen, I understand your turmoil. It is normal to obsess over such absurd norms put on by the society and peer pressure, don't worry. You'll grow out of it.

Average height of adult Indian males is 5'6". Be glad about what you have.

And cheer up. Its not that nothing can be done about height.

If you are very much depressed and willing to spend anything for just gaining a few inches, there is an orthopedic approach called the Ilizarov technique. It is a procedure wherein the long bones of your thigh and legs are fractured artificially and placed a little apart. When the fragmented pieces unite, you gain some height. It is a very painful procedure and expensive as well. Plus, there is always a risk of malunion. Only the uber rich and @$$edfjsjdf go for such cosmetic extremes.

You're not that desperate are you?

Instead, join a gym, eat a balanced diet and build brawn. Afterall, Sallu is also 5'6".

Don't take steroids or growth hormone or any sorts of pills for this !!!!!!!!!

EDIT:

I have come across posts suggesting him to pop calcium pills.

Don't do it unless under medical advice. You are bound to overdose and develop toxicity aka hypercalcemia.

Instead, drink 500 ml toned milk daily. ( if you have the stomach for it :D)

Get in touch with a doctor if you have any doubts.

Hope you feel better after reading this. Take care.

And cheer up. Its not that nothing can be done about height.

If you are very much depressed and willing to spend anything for just gaining a few inches, there is an orthopedic approach called the Ilizarov technique. It is a procedure wherein the long bones of your thigh and legs are fractured artificially and placed a little apart. When the fragmented pieces unite, you gain some height. It is a very painful procedure and expensive as well. Plus, there is always a risk of malunion. Only the uber rich and @$$edfjsjdf go for such cosmetic extremes.

You're not that desperate are you?

I hope you are related to medical profession reading your post. I am also medical professional

I think Ilizarov technique is too complicated and risky and is not recommended ever for increasing height of normal individual though its used in linb lenghting in case of limb size disparity due to some reason

So basically on practicle grounds not advised

Yes Epiphysis fuse by certain age But vertible column ( spine)can still grow after that and its proven fact.

I am just trying to add information for others on this topic

Thanks

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
Don't be disheartened by short stature, a man is larger by his actions.

Unfortunately the real world does not work like that ;)

A survey of Fortune 500 CEO height in 2005 revealed that they were on average 6 feet tall, which is 3 inches taller than the average American man. Fully 30% of these CEOs were 6 foot 2 inches tall or more; in comparison only 3.9% of the overall United States population is of this height.[6] Equally significantly, similar surveys have uncovered that less than 3% of CEOs were below 5′7″ in height, and that 90% of CEOs are of above average height.

Heightism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so if any one would gain height from swimming it would be us. SADLY DID NOT HAPPEN

Thatz bcoz you did not play basketball with swimming.

/jokin :)

Back