Help: Airtel broadband's fraudulent practices: False closure of complaints in Gurgaon

rockstar1630

Disciple
Dear Fellow members,

Please help. The following is the summary of the entire incident:

- Registered compliant on 01244444555 on Friday, Aug 19th about accidental damage to my phone and modem. Requested a new Beetel phone (Rs 550) and a new Beetle modem (Rs 749) on a chargeable basis along with subsequent installation. Resolution promised by afternoon Sunday 21st Aug.
- Followed up on monday, 22nd Aug on 01244444555 got to know that the dealer has claimed to deliver the phone and modem to my home and has falsely closed the complaint. Informed customer service rep, that nothing is delivered. He again registered the complaint and promised to get the phone+modem delivered and installed by Tuesday noon, 23rd Aug.
- On Tuesday, the dealer's employee turns up in evening, (I was not at home) and drops a Binatone modem and a Binatone phone at my home after charging Rs 1150. He refused installation and said that someone from Airtel will come and do that.
- On wednesday again registered a complaint on 01244444555 telling that nobody has arrived to install and wrong instruments have been delivered. Was promised the resolution on the same day.
- On thursday again registered a complaint. Spoken with Alok. He was very rude and insisted that I should compromise with Binatone modem and Binatone phone as they also serve the purpose of talking and net surfing. I refused and insisted to have the Beetle models. He registered one complaint of replacing the Binatone instruments with Beetle ones by today afternoon, and getting them installed by tomorrow afternoon.
- No one turned up till Friday (today).
- Again called up 01244444555 and spoken with Umesh. He was very rude and said that the phone instruments will not be replaced and as per his system all complaints have been resolved and closed with respect to the wiring. He said that his system reflects that the airtel rep has visited my home yesterday and fixed the wiring. But the fact is no one visited at home or contacted me.
- I asked to speak with someone seniors, he put me on hold for 5 minutes and said all seniors are busy on other calls.
- Today is Day 8 that my concern is unresolved.

Have mailed the entire incident to Nodal officer and appellate authority yesterday, but no response from anyone till now.

What should I do?

Can someone provide an email id of senior leadership of airtel. This is simply unacceptable. These guys have stooped lower than BSNL in terms of integrity.

Re: Help: Airtel broadband's fraudulent practices: False closure of complaints in Gur

Send an email to the Nodal Officer for the issue with all the details. I hope your issue gets resolved at earliest. Airtel has gone from bad to worse. It took them a month and numerous complaints to CC, nodal officer and appelate autority to get get a simple issue of IPTV pack activation resolved. You can reach nodal officer @ nodal.ncr@airtel.in

Re: Help: Airtel broadband's fraudulent practices: False closure of complaints in Gur

Similar thing happened with me. I shifted places and wanted my IPTV to be moved to new location. Even after one month these guys didn't show up. When I inquired, I was told that my connection has been moved to new address as per their records (WTF). They even started sending me monthly bills.

Frustrated with all the mess they created, finally opted for the local cable wala and reliance for my internet needs. I swear I am never coming back to these bastids and will try ever bit to let everyone know how pathetic they are.

@ rockstar 1630

with Failtel its quite common practice to falsely close complaints before they sort them out, it happened with my mobile connection before I switched them for good!!!

which option apart from failtel in ggaon for a 4mbps unlimited connection?

Is there no one in TRAI OP can complain to?

Wiring problem addressed yesterday. He connected the Binatone phone and modem to the line. And said another team will come for modem configuration and for that as well I need to lodge a new 'complaint'.

Called up CC, they asked me to change the dynamic ip (on my previous beetle modem), to a static one now.

12 hours later for the first time in the entire year, I got an e-mail from Failtel that I have consumed 80% of my FUP quota in one day and speed will be reduced blah blah blah.

Can someone guide me how to set the modem with dynamic ip? With dynamic ips, I never got any notice and would have downloaded 200+ gbs every month.

Airtel offers very disappointing service in my area. I asked them for a simple wiring replacement in my house due to extremely poor performance in gaming. The technician just came to my house and denied the request saying that my internet is working fine and said that they can only do line replacement if the internet is not working at all. I was very disappointed and I think I won't able to do online gaming properly until I get a new isp

I think you would need to enable "DHCP Server" server. It will start to assign IPs.

Speed reduced to 256kbps.. Which ISP shall I move to? Monthly downloads = 200+GBs. :-(

@rockstar1630

BSNL is much better when compared with failtel

My sacrifices for Airtel:

Incident 1:
Airtel service has gone from good to worse. When the landline phone a Binatone phone literally became Bin-a-tone a few months back I placed a complaint with Airtel. They promised to replace the phone in 24 hours. As promised they turned and replaced the phone while I was in office. When I reached home I found a second hand may be a third hand phone in place of the previous phone. I called up Airtel and informed them of the same. They told me that they didn't have new handsets with them but told me that they would replace it after a week with a new one when it will be in stock.
Nothing happened so I called them again in the meantime the replaced handset was problematic it would ring all of a sudden until I picked up the receiver and placed it back again. It would ring at any time of the day. I kept calling them but they told me that new phones were in stock and would not take down my complaint. Frustrated with the situation I disconnected the phone. I found an old Beetel phone in the cupboard which we used to use with MTNL and connected it. The phone provided by them now lies in a corner gathering dust.

Incident 2:
One of the best things about Airtel was that if you were lucky you would get a bit more speed than what you paid for. Back in June I found that the speed was fluctuating a lot it would go below 200 kbps when I tested on speedtest eventhough I was paying for 1 mbps. I would go on placing complaints and they would go on closing complaints telling me through sms that issue was resolved. I called up and told them and had just raised the voice a bit when the person I was talking to told me that I was out of line because I have no right to yell at customer care executive or use abusive language and he hung up on me. I sent a mail to the nodal officer. I got a call the next day and was informed that the linesman would visit to check the wiring. The guy didn't show up. I called up the engineer who would normally visit my place. He told me off record that Airtel was capping speeds of a few customers who had high data usage near month end. Speed would be back to normal at the start of next billing cycle.

I had high data usage, not because I was downloading but because I used to watch movies on megavideo through Watch Movies Online Free - Just Added and tv shows through Apni TV - Indian Television Portal. Watch latest movies, download songs, watch hindi serials, and join the community.. I started to do this because of the FUP they had imposed earlier and now even this was getting affected. This step in itself was a sacrifice for using Airtel but I had to make one more and that is to let the videos buffer a bit before I could watch them and watch tv shows on tv and suffer the onslaught of ads.

There are a few more incidents but these are the worst.

Back