Help: Amway-Positrim

if one wants to not have dinner, what are the options to eat at night which will not jeopardise the efforts one may be putting in doing exercise in the morning mp for that matter any time of day.

how about raw vegetables at night ?

i try to do a heavy breakfast with it being the heaviest meal of the day. i get the following stuff in my office
poha, upma, sandwich, idli, parathas (gobi, aloo, methi, mooli), milk, tea, coffee.
All the above things are available in menu and i can buy whatever i want. What should i eat?

^ skipping dinner is not recommended. you then have around 8-10 hrs of empty stomach which leads to acidity,upset stomach, indigestion in long run (from personal exp)

eat something light - like 2 chapatis + curry, then eat few fruits to fill your stomach.

Just go to a professional dietician(DT), and in tandem join a gym. Nothing heavy, just to burn calories. The DT will give you a weekly diet (all three meals) which taste wise and mood will equal shit. But for sure, you will start to loose weight in a healthy manner. Nothing drastic. The gym will be the dual pronged attack -- toned body and more stamina. You will sleep well and rest more. And be a healthy person.

6pack said:
^ skipping dinner is not recommended. you then have around 8-10 hrs of empty stomach which leads to acidity,upset stomach, indigestion in long run (from personal exp)

eat something light - like 2 chapatis + curry, then eat few fruits to fill your stomach.

how about glass of milk? actually i stay with my roomies so for dinner we are on our own and hence chapati and all is not possible. if fruits then which?

Going to a gym is not possible because of time constraints. To compensate i have started going for brisk walk and jog in morning and evening.

Tech Hunter my friend, believe me when I say that I have gone through the same situation. The effort and money you put into gaining all that weight and increasing your waist line, well you just have to put as much effort (and maybe money) to lose it too.

The only and healthy way of losing weight is to exercise. There is no other way. Being lazy is no excuse to let your life functions and health deteriorate.

By starting regular exercise you can start losing 1 kg/week by end of the first month. Within 3 months your waist line can come down to 30-32 inches. Within 3 months you can correct any of the metabolic derangement in your body.

Please listen to your friends and start taking care of your health right now.

Oh and Amway products are shit, a scam, an totally ineffective. One of my dad's colleagues became a reseller or marketer or whatever it is they become, and in all the four years he worked with them he kept telling us about what a big scam it was and how Amway was sucking money from gullible people.

TECH HUNTER said:
jokes apart.
not even one serious user of this product in the whole TE?

I am taking resolution of starting exercise evry year and every month.
but never implemented it.
I am lazzzzzzzzy.
so my waist increased from 29 to 35 in past 3yrs.
so looking for easy ways.Any recommendations.

Don't recommend me the "Dr Tea" ,"sauna belt" or some other bullshit stuff shown in tele brands.:p

Go for a brisk walk every morning and you will keep fit, belly or no belly. :)

To slim down, there are no better alternatives to basic exercise. :no:

raksrules said:
how about glass of milk? actually i stay with my roomies so for dinner we are on our own and hence chapati and all is not possible. if fruits then which?

Going to a gym is not possible because of time constraints. To compensate i have started going for brisk walk and jog in morning and evening.

milk is good. you can eat any fruit you get in the market and which you like. all fruits are good for health :)

Gannu said:
LOL how do you know that? :lol:

Hit a gym/do cycling/swim if you want to tone down real quick.

We got it as a part of welcome package for the amway membership.
And yes, I tried it and it is horrible on you tongue.

Amway has some good products, but any diet substitute / health drink regardless of make will be useless without proper adjustment in diet and exercise.

THe only Amway products that I would recommend are their soaps / cleaning solutions, detergents etc. Basically house products. They are excellent if used properly.

@Raks

I faced the same dilemma of cutting down calories and increasing my protein and fruit intake.

For breakfast I used to have omelette of four egg whites, without the yellow that is. That removes all the cholesterol and gives us high protein. This along with a single banana shake. Alternatively I used to have 2-3 types of fruit along with banana shake. The shake gives us good proteins from milk and one helping of a fruit. In your office setting you can have poha, upma or idli as they are steamed carbohydrates and not fried like paranthas, which I would stay away from.

For lunch I stuck to just one thing - Big Salad! I used to pack it up from home and take it with me. In the corporate setting I am sure you must be getting lunch, or buying your own lunch. You should opt for a good helping of green salad with cucumber, green sprouts, lots of leafy veggies like lettuce, cabbage, maybe some broccoli, sometimes tofu etc. I put in one apple or pear as well and that gives me another helping of fruit.

For dinner I used to have 2 chapatis, very little or no rice, and at least two helpings of all the vegetables and dal made at home.Since I keep myslef light, yet full, during lunch I allow myself to have carbohydrates at night.

Research has proven that it is the carbohydrates in the food that make us drowsy during the day time. So I just cut them out from my day!

I lost 5 kgs in as many weeks. Diet control along with regular exercise has shown me the results.

Oh and its not as if I don't splurge and don't have junk. I do. But in limited qualtities. I have everything from pizzas and pastas to soft drinks and ice creams. But everything in moderation and make sure that the sodas are of the diet variety, the cheeses and dairy products are low fat, and carbohydrates are whole grain.

best way is to exercise & avoid fatty foods, atleast brisk walking for 15-20 mins every morning can do something in a long run, else you are just reducing your life span.

@phoenix

You are right that in my office setting i get lunch to buy, but i only eat a fruit plate daily. It was problem for first week. But now i am so much used to it. So lunch is always fruit plate on weekdays. Once in a while i have Pital Bhakri (Maharastrian people will know this) which has curry and 2 bhakaris (like chapatis) and buttermilk along with it.

In the night it is almost uncertain as what i will have but i do keep stock of raw vegetables which can be consumed (like Carrot) and fruits and milk. But for me plain milk is something i dont like so i mix Bournvita but my roomie told that bournvita is something i should not have which is think is true, so in that case what can i add ?? I also make it a point to add very less sugar and refrain from using any sort of sugar substitutes like sugarfree, equal etc

There is nothing wrong with bournvita. Although it may contain sugars and refined carbohydrates. you'll have to check for that and watch out.

Why not do this - alternate on different nights between bournvita+milk and fruit juice. You can easily buy Tropicana 100% Premium juices. These don't have any sugar or flavours or preservatives in them and have only natural fruit juice. make sure you buy only the 100% premium packs from Tropicana.

^^ You believe the Tropicana claims ?? I strongly believe that all these tetra pack juices are loaded with sugar and preservatives. However they claim not to have them it is really difficult to believe them.

I believe them man. Because I have been drinking all those juices in earnest for the past one year. I have only lost weight since then and gained fitness. So I guess their claims might just be true. :)

^^ Oh...good....So can you tell me which are the premium juices and what flavours we get ?? I really dont go out much to buy those so have very limited knowledge.

@TECH HUNTER: Wasting 15000 bucks on only packets will only hamper your health in some way or other. Better join a good gym. Wont cost you more than 6000 for 2 months sessions. Moreover you will feel physically fit and active and of-course loose 5-8kg weight.

Dude, you won't believe what all i have gained since I started exercising and controlling my diet. My receding hair line stabilized, my sparse hair thickened and grew blacker and shinier, my skin became more elastic, I lost some of the crows feet that I had developed at the corners of my eyes, my skin complexion went two shades fairer. Best of all, I could fit into spanky new clothes. I just did a wardrobe renewal and it felt really nice.

Rakshit, you can get Tropicana 100% Premium juice packs at most supermarkets. Go to Food World outlet in the Cental outlet near E-Square (since you live in Aundh) and you'll find them stocked with all kinds of juices. You can also go in for Real Active juices. They are also very high quality stuff.

Back