Biostar TA785g3 mobo
AMD Athlon II 630 procy
4gb Corsair XMS DDR3 RAM
Sapphire 4670 512 mb GPU
VIP 500w PSU
Zebronics Bijli cabby
Dell ST2210L monitor
Altec Lansing vs2621 speakers

I am considering to buy GTX 660Ti (when it releases in August) or a 7850 soon and a good PSU.

Please help me with the following queries.

1) Suggest me a decent PSU(budget 3-4k) for the above rig with GPU (660Ti/7850).

2) Will my Athlon II 630 bottleneck my new GPU in games in HD resolutions or should I change my procy/mobo as well?

Many Thanks in advance.

I am considering to buy GTX 660Ti (when it releases in August) or a 7850 soon and a good PSU.

Please help me with the following queries.

1) Suggest me a decent PSU(budget 3-4k) for the above rig with GPU (660Ti/7850).

2) Will my Athlon II 630 bottleneck my new GPU in games in HD resolutions or should I change my procy/mobo as well?
Here are your answers --
  • Go for a Seasonic S12II 520W ~3800/- [if you are based in Bombay], else it will set you back by approximately ~4500/- [from online retailers].
  • You can over-clock that processor a little and you will be set for better performance.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Here are your answers --
  • Go for a Seasonic S12II 520W ~3800/- [if you are based in Bombay], else it will set you back by approximately ~4500/- [from online retailers].
  • You can over-clock that processor a little and you will be set for better performance.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion :)

Considering my mobo do you think it is safe to overclock my procy?

Also should i get a new cabby just in case the GPU is huge and it requires better cable management and air flow?

Also should i get a new cabby just in case the GPU is huge and it requires better cable management and air flow?

Yes you should definitely go for a new cabinet, I did not see that you had a Zebronics Bijli filling in for now.

Look into acquiring the NZXT Gamma ~2600/- [if you are in Bombay] OR Bit Fenix Merc Alpha ~2800/- from these guys -- XTREME GRAFIX | Where Indian Gaming Is Rendered.

Using you HT multiplier setting you should get ~3.2 GHz from your processor [do this with the aid of the AMD OverDrive software --> AMD OverDrive?], anything higher and you should probably invest in a decent CPU cooler like the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO ~2400/-.

Back