HELP - Doubts on iPhone ??

Praks

Skilled
Tried posting in main iPhone thread but didn't get much help due to huge amount of queries.

Trying to post here all of the queries hope to get help.

1. Which casing is fall proof for iPhone 3G (Prefer transparent kind of thing)

Came across this review so sharing with all
Top 25 tough iPhone cases
Top 25 tough iPhone cases | Fully Equipped - CNET Reviews

Short listed these two.

Artwizz AZ406ZZ SeeJacket Crystal
Amazon.com: Artwizz AZ406ZZ SeeJacket Crystal for iPhone 3G: Electronics

Ivyskin Xylo T3
Amazon.com: iPhone 3G 3GS Polycarbonate Slim-Fit IvySkin Xylo-T3 (2.0) Touch-Thru Screen case: Electronics

Any one share if you are using a good casing.

2. Which is best RSS Reader for iPhone ?
I see lots of paid RSS reader, Is there anything which is for free ? Something like FeedDameon on Windows would be great.

3. Email Configuration
Is it good to configure Yahoo/Hotmail/Gmail using iPhone accounts or Use Safari/any browser & check mails manually ? Any advantages/disadvantages ?

1. Not sure about the case.

2. Not sure about the reader either. :p

3. Use your One main primary account via iPhone Mail and the rest that you don't check frequently via the browser. That is just to save on battery life. More account means more data fetching every time you open the Mail.app. Besides, gmail for iPhone via the Safari browser is fantastic !

@rajshah

Bhai, I saw you have been using iPhone from long time, Please do suggest RSS Reader for iPhone :)

Do u mean to say gmail for iPhone via the Safari browser (I guess there is Gmail App too for iPhone right ? )

@mjumrani

+10 to you. You gave amazing selection of what I was looking for. Thank you so much for all 4 choices. Thats what I wanted simple, sober & which shows its iPhone :p (Dont like those alien kind of casing)

Final request - Which of these all is FALL PROOF.. Any ideas ?

You're welcome and anytime mate.

Case-mate ones specifically says its impact resistant

Switch easy one says its super strong.

griffin one seems quite thick.

didn't find anything useful on belkin

@mjumrani

Thank you. Checking out all of them.

Shortlisted two...

Case-Mate iPhone 3G / 3GS Barely There Clear Case (Case-Mate IPH3GBT-CLR) - $20 - Impact resistant

Griffin iClear for iPhone - Invisible polycarbonate protection - Slim case-only model - $20

Is it available in India ?

@rajshah

its Paid RSS Reader :(.. Anything free ?

Is anyone aware of free RSS reader for iPhone ?

Two more questions..

What to do if one wants to use SIM Card contacts, Dont want to import SIM to iPhone, Reason being if iPhone is formatted all contacts are gone.

Any good site to download iPhone Ringtones :) ?

If you import Sim Contacts on your iPhone, they will still remain in the sim. :)
Also, download this free app called iDrivelite. Make an account in it. The easiest way to backup your contacts online for the iPhone ! You can restore / backup with one click !
It's very fast.

About the RSS reader, there's tons of good RSS readers for the iPhone. A quick google will help. Browse through them and take your pick.

case mate should be available at ebay.in and most apple stores.

Itunes backs up the contacts to outlook. So backup shouldn't be a problem

go to zedge.net for ringtones

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Its not available on ebay/global buy

there is only one case that can help ,the switcheasy rebel series .. the rebel serpent is what i got a year ago but theyve modified it a few months ago .. chk out switcheasy site

@rajshah

If you import Sim Contacts on your iPhone, they will still remain in the sim.

Ok, Say I import everything on iPhone. Now I manually add 5 contacts, Will it be saved to SIM or iPhone ?

If its on iPhone then how do I get back on SIM (Incase I change the phone)

Spend 30 mints on Google, Unable to find FREE RSS :(

@mjumrani

Please share where can I get Case-Mate Barely There Clear Case or Griffin iClear in India ?

Will it be there with Croma / Planet M ?

Itunes backs up the contacts to outlook - So I need to install outlook now :) ?

zedge.net has tones in mp3 format, I guess iPhone plays some other format.

@khanvis2009

Thank you bro. switcheasy rebel series looks like alien stuff scarry. I prefer simple & sober mentioned above. :)

Do Suggest if you know something like that.

Praks said:
@mjumrani

Please share where can I get Case-Mate Barely There Clear Case or Griffin iClear in India ?

Will it be there with Croma / Planet M ?

Itunes backs up the contacts to outlook - So I need to install outlook now :) ?

zedge.net has tones in mp3 format, I guess iPhone plays some other format.

Croma, Maybe

Planet M, No Idea

Imagine or any other store selling apple stuff, Should have

Looking for other options.

You have MS office right? If not then you can also store them in windows contacts(is on win7, Don't know about other OSs) or yahoo address book or google contacts using itunes

The ringtones on zedge are in m4r format. just drag the downloaded ones into itunes.

simple case then switcheasy clear case is the best .. casemate is a rubbish case dont ever buy that . the case mate tyre case leaves marks on ur phone and its avaible at chroma . barely there is exactly what it claims to be " barelythere" it does not protect ur phone bezel on the top and bottom so thats out as well .

since u mentioned protection i suggested rebel series .. but after that switcheasy nude clear case is the best .. buy it from ebay global easy buy there is a discount offer going on u may get it for less than 1000 bucks .

i guarantee u u wont be disappointed with switcheasy nude .. its the best . watch a few videos on youtube for a second opnion on that case

khanvis2009 said:
simple case then switcheasy clear case is the best .. casemate is a rubbish case dont ever buy that . the case mate tyre case leaves marks on ur phone and its avaible at chroma . barely there is exactly what it claims to be " barelythere" it does not protect ur phone bezel on the top and bottom so thats out as well .

since u mentioned protection i suggested rebel series .. but after that switcheasy nude clear case is the best .. buy it from ebay global easy buy there is a discount offer going on u may get it for less than 1000 bucks .

i guarantee u u wont be disappointed with switcheasy nude .. its the best . watch a few videos on youtube for a second opnion on that case
He needs shock/fall protection. Nude can't do that.

@khanvis2009

Thank you for inputs but mjumrani is right. I need fall protection.

I have seen friends iphone falling from hand & touch screen cracked, he paid bomb 3000 Rs for replacement.

Its better to use 1000 Rs case & let it fall, What do you say ?

@Praks:

Check a few of these out, no such thing as the perfect case, but these are in order of superb protection minimizing to better looks:

Otterbox Defender - $49.95

IvySkin Quattro T4 - $44.99 - One of my favorites.

Switcheasy - Rebel M - $27.99 - Insanely funky; pondering getting this for weekends. Offers good drop protection (7/10). Can't protect the screen, but definitely a lot of shock absorption.

Hope this helps bud.

FYI, all 3 are available on eBay Global. The Otterbox is available @ Apple stores in India. So are the Specks, which are supposed to be pretty decent, don't like 'em personally though.

dudeu have to chose between protection and a simple case . u cant get both .. the cases that protect ur phone are usually thicker and the ones that flaunt ur phone like the switcheasy nude are thinner .

i suggest u get the switcheasy rebel series . it is not that bulky as it looks on the site and it does an awesome job of protecting your phone . the clear cases usually dont protect ur phone when it falls and the otterbox defender cases i find them stupid and ugly as hell . but dont get the switcheasy neo ..

Free Ringtones for mobile and iPhone - Audiko is another good option for iPhone ringtones for you. You can make your own ringtones through that site too !

RSS Search Google - free rss reader iphone - Google Search

About your contacts, when you make new ones, they will be on the iPhone. As others pointed out, you can sync with Outlook via iTunes.

Alternatively, sync OTA with google. That's what I do. Best thing ever. The minute you enter a new contact, syncs right up to your google account ! :)

And when you switch phones, you can always download your contacts from google in whatever format your new phone can take in.

Outlook , Address book, Excel !

@mjumrani

Thank you. Can you please tell how to backup contacts on google using itunes ?

@khanvis2009

Are you talking about SwitchEasy Nude Case? Is it Impact resistant ?

Thank you for pointing that casemate is a rubbish case but thats the only Impact resistant I found. I am talking about Case-Mate iPhone 3G / 3GS Barely There Clear Case

Case-Mate iPhone 3G / 3GS Barely There Clear Case (Case-Mate IPH3GBT-CLR), Apple iPhone 3G / iPhone 3GS Cases, Holsters, Skins, and Accessories | Case-mate

Is your view based on case mate tyre case ? Well Barely There Clear Case claims to be Impact resistant

@Unrealistic

Thank you for your links. Sadly I dont like looks of any of them. I really dont like those alien looking Switcheasy - Rebel M.

Please suggest anything which is transferant & Impact resistant.

@rajshah

Thank you. Zedge has better collection then Audiko :)

Got free RSS reader, Will try it out. How to sync OTA with google ?

@ALL

I am finally deciding on these, These four are final shortlist

Case-Mate iPhone 3G / 3GS Barely There Clear Case (Case-Mate iPhone 3G / 3GS Barely There Clear Case (Case-Mate IPH3GBT-CLR), Apple iPhone 3G / iPhone 3GS Cases, Holsters, Skins, and Accessories | Case-mate) which says its Impact resistant,

Griffin iClear for iPhone - Invisible polycarbonate protection (Griffin Technology: iClear for iPhone - Invisible polycarbonate protection)

Belkin F8Z555tt Belkin Grip Vue - $24.99 - durable protection (F8Z555tt Belkin Grip Vue)

SwitchEasy Nude - $20 (Welcome to SwitchEasy)

Is there anyone using it or have good reviews ? Just need confirmation that which is Impact resistant out of all 4...

Back