HELP - Doubts on iPhone ??

When you connect your phone to iTunes there are a lot of tabs you get. On the second tab you get an option to choose how to sync contacts, calendar, etc., there you can choose.

As for the reviews. The best source would be YouTube or the user reviews on the manufacturers site or amazon.

Switch easy nude is not impact resistant.
Belkin is sort of hard to find.
Griffin one seemed quite thick so it should be impact resistant.
Case mate as you know is impact resistant.

@khanvis which casemate case are you talking about?

@mjumrani

Thank you, let me check youtube vids

Short listed two..

Case-Mate iPhone 3G / 3GS Barely There Clear Case

Griffin iClear for iPhone

Advantage of Griffin iClear for iPhone is one can take iClear with belt clip and armband for 30$, (belt clip is very useful while driving bike), sadly cant find if Griffin iClear is Impact resistant.

Waiting for inputs from khanvis2009 / Unrealistic / rajshah

RSS Runner, you should give it try I like it. Simple and free.

I have a iSkin Solo and iSkin Revo for IPhone 3G and 3Gs both unused complete pack (Bought from another TE member) if interested anyone let me know

If you on IOS4+ just let the default email client handle all your multiple accounts smoothly.

@Unrealistic
Thank you for review. Will check out. I have almost zeroed on Case Mate Barely there clear case. Reflect is not transparent from back so its out.

Final countdown on Case Mate Barely there clear case OR Griffin iClear.

@ahd
Using other RSS reader, found it good as it syncs with Google reader.

Few questions.. (Sorry more due to TE downtime) -
Running 3.1.3 on iPhone 3G 8GB

Which Messenger is best for iPhone ?
(Will prefer multi messenger supporting Yahoo/Gmail/Hotmail ONLY),
Will you be able to edit Status messsage on messenger ? (Like Online on iPhone3G/3GS etc)

Here are few FREE i found.. Share which is best among all ?

eBuddy Messenger for iPhone (Free) http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebuddy-messenger/id320087242?mt=8
Fring for iPhone Free http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fring/id290948830?mt=8
Nimbuzz for iPhone Free http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nimbuzz/id297574648?mt=8
Palringo Limited Free Palringo Instant Messenger for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Yahoo! Messenger for iPhone Free
Google Talk for iPhone Free

Which is Best way to check Yahoo/gmail etc from three options below?-
Add Account in iPhone using OS accounts ?
Use Safari & login to gmail.com always
Use Gmail App (I could not find any gmail app in app store)

^^I check all my mail accounts yahoo/gmail/live through Mail.app on iOS with push enabled!! IMO its the best way to use it (you can disable push if you are worried about your battery life though)

There comes King of apple :) Thank you Pat, Will follow your suggestion & configure all mail accounts. Sadly Gmail does not have any iPhone app :(, Strange Gmail has app for small java phones but not for iphone.

Can you/other suggest Which Messenger is best for iPhone ? question.

Few more doubts..

How to setup profiles in iPhone ? Checked in google, found Myprofiles which is paid :(.. Anything which is free & Good.. need to set up profiles like home/office etc.

Is there any app for easy access to Home button & Screen lock button ? Reason being home button in iPhone is not that responsive & Dont like to press hard screen lock steel button at the top everytime.

IM+ lite is a decent messenger. If there is something free and better even I would like to know.

For setting up a mail account just go to settings->mail,contacts,calender->add account.

Everything is there

@mjumrani

I never shortlisted IM+, Have a look at my list of messengers given above, Do try them :)

Is IM+ better then eBuddy Messenger, Fring, Nimbuzz & Palringo ?

Please suggest solution for this..

How to setup profiles in iPhone ? Checked in google, found Myprofiles which is paid .. Anything which is free & Good.. need to set up profiles like home/office etc.

Is there any app for easy access to Home button & Screen lock button ? Reason being home button in iPhone is not that responsive & Dont like to press hard screen lock steel button at the top everytime.

Praks said:
There comes King of apple :) Thank you Pat, Will follow your suggestion & configure all mail accounts. Sadly Gmail does not have any iPhone app :(, Strange Gmail has app for small java phones but not for iphone.

Few more doubts..

How to setup profiles in iPhone ? Checked in google, found Myprofiles which is paid :(.. Anything which is free & Good.. need to set up profiles like home/office etc.

Is there any reason you need a dedicated Gmail App?

I have three accounts set up on the email app. Two set to check every half hour. One set to check manually. All three can be accessed as separate inboxes. Never had any issues.

@whatsinaname

Used Gmail Java app to check mails so thought they might have something for iPhone too. Based on yours & Pats advice will configure in iPhone mail account only. I guess 3.1.3 has push enabled so no need to install any extra things.

Do you mind sharing your view on my other questions of messenger, profiles & home button/screen lock ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Tried configuring Gmail on 3.1.3 using inbuilt mail app.

It gives imap error. Tried my best to google & check. Not able to get Gmail inbox :(

I did all these settings. Tried with selecting default Gmail Icon & Using other accounts too.

IMAP in Gmail settings is enabled.

Configured imap.gmail.com for incoming server with port 993

Added smtp.gmail.com for outgoing with port 465

Advanced settings are

Use SSL - ON

Authentication - Password

IMAP Path Prefix - /

Server port - 993

Still gives IMAP error. Help please.

(I don't know if an update to your last post bumps the thread. Better a new post for a nice bump and to push the thread into the new posts search :p)

I didn't configure anything manually. When you try to add an account, there is a pre-configured GMail option. I used that. Maybe you can try deleting your account and using the default option?

Also try setting it to fetch instead of push, if you were trying that. For Gmail Push, you have to use Google Sync, which is different from the default options.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Praks said:

Few more doubts..

Sorry, I dint read your other posts but are you jailbroken?

When I was setting my gmail account on my phone I remember getting an imap error, but that was when I was on GPRS.

I didn't get the error when I tried again on wifi

@Pat

Ya, Using 3.1.3, JB & Unlock using Spirit & BlackRain...

Gmail keeps giving error of imap in iphone accounts..

Shall I use Gmail Icon while configuring account or select Exchange Icon ?

I tried using Gmail Icon.. It keeps on giving imap error :(

Here are settings again.

IMAP in Gmail settings is enabled.

Configured imap.gmail.com for incoming server with port 993

Added smtp.gmail.com for outgoing with port 465

Advanced settings are

Use SSL - ON

Authentication - Password

IMAP Path Prefix - /

Server port - 993

Do I need to change anything else ?

Back