HELP - Doubts on iPhone ??

Is there any way to Sync Default NOTES app with anything on web ? I mean if I open app/webpage on laptop & update things then It will update iPhone notes also..

Is there any Good iPhone explorer ? I really dont understand Sync thing. How to manually add games/ringtones/sms tones etc ? Is there any drag & Drop kind of thing & where do we drop IPA files / Ringtones etc in which folder of iPhone ?

Praks said:
Thank you.

I am in 3.1.3 JB.

1. I will try to replace alarm.caf, Is there any explorer kind of software using which I can surf iPhone folders. (/System/Library/Audio/UISounds) Would prefer graphical way then ssh.

2. Are you aware of any site which has TV schedules of India ?

3. Got MyProfiles long time back but its paid. Looking for something which is free.

4. Already did, Cant find any Stock Trading app for India :(

5. iPhone has only two browsers ? Safari & Opera mini ?
1) iFunBox if you are on Windows, DiskAid on Mac.

2) You could try looking for mobile versions of websites that have the latest TV schedules. AFAIK, there are none on the AppStore.

3) Not sure if there are any free apps (iScheduler is another option but again is a paid app)

4) Not sure

5) Many others: Atomic, iCab etc.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Praks said:
Is there any way to Sync Default NOTES app with anything on web ? I mean if I open app/webpage on laptop & update things then It will update iPhone notes also..

How to Sync iPhone Notes to Your Gmail Account

AFAIK, its only a one-way sync (from iPhone to gmail). To have a two-way sync, I would suggest you go for some app on the AppStore (like Evernote for eg)

Is there any Good iPhone explorer ? I really dont understand Sync thing. How to manually add games/ringtones/sms tones etc ? Is there any drag & Drop kind of thing & where do we drop IPA files / Ringtones etc in which folder of iPhone ?

Double click on IPA file and it gets added to iTunes. Then just sync the app to your iPhone. You can use iFunBox to transfer ringtones to the correct folder on your iPhone.

Started using iFunBox.

Transferred Ring tones using that, Cant see them in iPhone under custom ring tones.. Any help pls..

What other stuff you can do with iFunBox ?

Suggest a best software (Portable) to convert movies/video files into iPhone format. ? After conversion where should I dump the movie (Which location in iPhone).

Which is best media player for iPhone ? (VLC does not work with 3.1.3)

Gmail - What setting is required when enabling POP3 from Gmail web interface while configuring Gmail for iPhone inbuilt mail app. There are few options like Keep the email on server, delete etc. Bit confused on it. Can anyone guide ?

Rajbhai,

Heard 4.x OS is making 3G phone slow.. Not sure.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Any help on this ?

Which is best media player for iPhone ? (VLC does not work with 3.1.3)

Gmail - What setting is required when enabling POP3 from Gmail web interface while configuring Gmail for iPhone inbuilt mail app. There are few options like Keep the email on server, delete etc. Bit confused on it. Can anyone guide ?

I am telling you, update to iOS 4.1. No lag / issues, whatsoever. It's all fixed for the 3g.

VLC will work then. Alternatively, you can try yxFlash from Cydia for your video needs.

About gmail, configure it as an exchange account in your Maill.app. Leave default settings as they are.

Just google - gmail iphone exchange setup.

Yes i upgraded my friends Iphone 3g to IOS4.1 and its working slow now.

But yes for 3GS IOS4.1 is awesome.

Very smooth and all applications works fine.

Specially VLC player and Cinexplayer :D

^ Nice . and how does one transfer files to the phone which are to be played :S ? Cant wait to get my hands on my iPhone .

@rajbhai

Rocky pratik said, 4.1 is making 3G slow :( You said its fine.. I am confused now.

In Gmai, When you login from laptop. It has several options under POP3, Which option will do this - if I delete the email from iPhone, It should also move to trash from Gmail server.

^ Exchange. Setup gmail as an Exchange account on your iPhone.

And please see a few youtube videos of iOS 4.1 on the 3g and then decide for yourself.

Errr.. this isn't exactly related to iPhone but a friend has an ipod Touch 2G which he wants to jailbreak .What would be the easiset way ? Also he says its an MC model so there wasn't any jailbreak for it till now. Is it possible now :S ?

EDIT : got it , GrenPoison can jailbreak iTouch 4.1 MC models as well.

Back