Help me buy a fridge

IKEA doesn't deliver to where you are?
Question should be phrased like, oh wow ikea delivers to you area? Damn.
Lol
Anyhow, spoke with their CC. They recommend I use a third party service called move mate. I think they use some Xspeed or whatever courier, which I've never heard of, so gonna skip. I was in Mumbai just few months ago, wish i had known about ikea back then.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230425-221958.png
    Screenshot_20230425-221958.png
    234.1 KB · Views: 38
Lol
Anyhow, spoke with their CC. They recommend I use a third party service called move mate. I think they use some Xspeed or whatever courier, which I've never heard of, so gonna skip. I was in Mumbai just few months ago, wish i had known about ikea back then.
I have a feeling that they have warehouses in all of these listed cities and they don't ship items out of them.

All my orders are fulfilled by the warehouse of my city only. I'm getting my orders delivered by the BlueDart. You could ask your relative/friend from the listed cities to forward the package to your address.

All my orders are fulfilled by the warehouse of my city only.
I wanted to say if they don't have a store in your city then no go. That's the downer with IKEA. it might be temporary until they work out logistics or it might never happen since a furniture store sells heavy things which are going to be limited by geography.

Hideerabad got IKEA before Bangalore. No way to get them to ship anything to me until they opened a store in my city which only happened a good five years later :confused:
Lol
Notable omissions in that list are Delhi, Noida & Chennai and no Cal either. A work in progress.

Why not give it shot? It might work.

Last edited:
Why not give it shot? It might work.
Was reading a few reviews. Many reports of item breaking in transit by this xpeed. I don't like to take chances with my money however small it is. Last I knew there were 4 metro cities, Mumbai Chennai Delhi Kolkata. They deliver to only ONE of them. Perpetual WIP I guess.
Thanks, will check Amazon. I've ordered few plastic ones from locknlock meanwhile.

Was reading a few reviews. Many reports of item breaking in transit by this xpeed. I don't like to take chances with my money however small it is. Last I knew there were 4 metro cities, Mumbai Chennai Delhi Kolkata. They deliver to only ONE of them. Perpetual WIP I guess.
I've always thought Bangalore was on the list too. Land acquisition is a slow process. I've not been to their stores but imagine they must be quite big. They were when i visited them abroad. Notice how they got three in Gujarat already. I wonder why :D
Thanks, will check Amazon. I've ordered few plastic ones from locknlock meanwhile.
they are quite good. Glass is better though as it won't stain with curries. otherwise, check out a local store

Last edited:
I've always thought Bangalore was on the list too. Land acquisition is a slow process. I've not been to their stores but imagine they must be quite big. They were when i visited them abroad. Notice how they got three in Gujarat already. I wonder why :D

they are quite good. Glass is better though as it won't stain with curries. otherwise, check out a local store
It is. Hyderabad also. My knowledge was outdated. There are 8 nowadays apparently.

I also visited one of their stores in uk. I never even knew ikea came to India until lockhrt mentioned of it. Now that I check on it it seems they wanted to make one in Kolkata way back in 2019. But I'm sure the obvious happened.

Okay I'll check local stores if i manage the time. These offline stores aren't really my thing, it's my parents'. God knows what they offer, I've found either they offer stuffs really good, or complete garbage.

Yeah, specifically for cooked food I wanted the glass made. But I'll use the plastic ones for raw meat/fish. Their glass ones are rather expensive, otherwise would have bought them and call it day. Ikea is like half the price. There's also this company called Borosil. Not sure how they are.

Now that I check on it it seems they wanted to make one in Kolkata way back in 2019. But I'm sure the obvious happened.
Not coming from Cal I have no idea what obvious means. They need land, which can be difficult to acquire in many places and a long drawn-out affair. How do you know it's not in the works?
Okay I'll check local stores if i manage the time. These offline stores aren't really my thing, it's my parents'. God knows what they offer, I've found either they offer stuffs really good, or complete garbage.
Same as Amazon if not better. We're not talking about special import stuff here.
Yeah, specifically for cooked food I wanted the glass made. But I'll use the plastic ones for raw meat/fish. Their glass ones are rather expensive, otherwise would have bought them and call it day. Ikea is like half the price. There's also this company called Borosil. Not sure how they are.
They make lab ware. ok quality not great. I would not be cheaping out on things like this. The thing with plastic and food is ideally it must be BPA-free. Who knows if it is?

Otoh I made it through life perfectly fine without even knowing what BPA was.

Gujrat doesn't have any IKEA stores. But mumbai itself got 3. https://www.ikea.com/in/en/stores/

Stores and warehouses are different.

There's also this company called Borosil. Not sure how they are.
Borosil is reputable. I think they were the one who popularised borosilicate glass in India.

Back