Help me decide among HTC HD2, Google Nexus One, Samsung Galaxy S

ahd

Adept
I am gonna buy either one of HTC HD2, Google Nexus One, Samsung Galaxy S these.
My requirements are

1. A Large Screen 3.7 or above (w/best readability in sunlight)
2. Camera w/ Autofocus and flash light. Camera should be able to capture photos with great details, and should not get pixelated and grainy at times. (For Flash light, I haven't used a cellphone before with a flashlight so i dont know if a flashlight on a cellphone is worth it or not. Please advice me)
3.Android OS 2.1+ only Primarily installed or Hacked installed should be Lag-free with all functions of the phone working.

More details for you to help me out in the decision......

I would go for Samsung galaxy S if the poor build quality of the phone can be protected by a proper shield/cover. And if the phone can be later hacked to run Android 3.0 without TouchWiz or even 2.2 Without Touch Wiz just the basic Android UI. Then also one important thing for me is the Camera on it, it doesnt have a flash light so how does the phone fair in low light condition or does it even matter for a phone to have a flashlight since basically all phones have a weak flashlight which doesnt lit the desired object too well.
Thats my understanding I haven't used a cellphone with a flash light just my guess.

Coming to HD2, I would get this instead if the phone isn't too bulky, screen isnt too dull compared to Samsung Galaxy S and Nexus One and turns out flash light is important. Also should be able to run hacked Android 2.1+ on this without Lag and with all the features of the phone working with the Android.

I would go for Nexus One if serious issues with Samsung Galaxy S and HD2. Hence Nexus One is my saviour.
I AM GONNA BUY IT TODAY ITSELF SO LET ME KNOW QUICKLY WHICH IS THE BEST ONE TO GO FOR...Waiting

cotulla from xda devs has now showed a video about hd2 running wp7
wow the only phone to boot 3 os wud be hd2

though its still nascent but android is running real good
now really hope for wp7 to be ported

Superfrag said:
WP7 will have great enterprise and gaming support. I think everywhere else it will lag behind, and it'll take some time for it to come up. (Don't know.. just assuming)

The SGS should be a great phone for quite some time to come.. along with the Desire HD and Desire Z.
Sure it will have a great enterprise and Gaming support Man and Possibly it may lag everywhere else; I'll play a wait and watch game to see how it really turns out to be.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

teja92 said:
Milestone Xt720 is good
I would avoid Gala-S as one drop could break your phone
Else i recommend you to wait for Milestone 2 and Desire HD
I'd had gone for SGS already and a 'One drop doesn't break the phone' trust me, it has a kind of 'PSP like' body and build quality and I have dropped my PSP so many times without any damage so far. Also some TE members have already dropped their phones MULTIPLE times without any damage in looks and functionality.
Other phones U mentioned are quite good as well and worthy competitors except XT720.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ayaskant12 said:
yeah just wont part with hd2

really awesome hardware and xda support
Its basically because of the popularity of the phone I believe if SGS manages to sell 10 Million plus then I guess it would have HD2 like support from XDA as well.

ayaskant12 said:
omnia series also sold hugely but didnt get any support from xda but only from modaco

xda was primarily for htc phones and most devs still remain loyal to it...
Maybe because there were all together too much of variations under Omnia series, Omnia II Omnia Lite Omnia Pro etc..

Under Galaxy S series basically all phones Captivate, Epic 4G, Fascinate, Vibrant, I9000 are one and the same.

Err, when I said the ROM's aren't cross compatible, I meant it. And they all have different hardware ; different file systems, different radios (different band support). Epic 4G has a front facing camera as well as a flash, Fascinate has a flash, Vibrant is identical but different keys layout in the front, captivate looks totally different. That's why the ROM's aren't cross compatible. They need to be signed differently (not sure about this) and modifications need to be done to make them cross compatible.

For example, I'm running Bionix 1.7 ROM on my Vibrant, which isn't compatible with any of the other variants, trying to flash to them would result in a brick which means Odin time to bring back to stock. That's why XDA has a different section for each of the phones. Desire and N1 have almost the same hardware, but even their ROM's aren't cross compatible AFAIK, modifications need to be done to the ROM (in this case, minor) to make it work on the other.

That's another reason why Captivate and i9000 have Froyo officially on them whereas the other three versions don't. And even Korea has their own version of Galaxy S which has a 3.7" S-AMOLED instead of 4".

I see ^^, well what I was trying to say initially to that member who said that HTC HD2 has great support from XDA is, I was trying to prove if the phone has less variations of it and thus if sold in great numbers then its bound to get good XDA support. And i didn't knew that the galaxy S clones would be so different from each other and I thought maybe one single ROM can be release to rule them all, but now I know and thank you Superfrag once again :)

Back