Help me pick an Android phone (30k budget)

Wolfff

Adept
So after a long time, I'm in the market for a phone. Have been out of touch with the latest and greatest for a couple of years now. Here's what I've shortlisted so far:

Motorola Defy: 18k. Total VFM. Its Waterproof! Sleek looking. Nice screen. Its waterproof! But Motorola's past reputation with delayed updates is off-putting.

HTC Desire HD: 25k. Love the 4.3" form factor. Are updated versions of Android in the pipeline?

Nexus S: 26k. Obviously love the curved screen and everything else. Assured of latest greatest updates immediately. But is anything else better out there ?

Not interested in the Xperia Arc because no front cam.

Everyone seems to be suggesting LG. I've had a bad experience with LG before so want to stay clear. What are my options with HTC/Google/Moto? Have had excellent experience with HTC. Is the Incredible S really worth it?

I've had a bad experience with LG before so want to stay clear

thats personal opinion, experience from customer to customer differs.. Btw are u Wolff on TF2 also??

Besides, you are forgetting the people's budget android choice right now, LG Optimus One

Screw the LG Optimus 2X. Wait till the end of April and get the HTC Pyramid/Sensation. The GSM variant of the CDMA HTC Thunderbolt, its a powerhorse. Dual core processor, 1GB RAM, 8MP auto-focus camera with LED flash, qHD 960X540 screen. Check out the full specs on Engadget.

It's going to launch in the US on 12th April, so you can expect it within Indian borders by the end of April. Maybe it'll get an official launch considering its a GSM handset.

The race will go on so you should chose one for the next 1.5-2years max. If you wanna stick to the 30k budget then LG Optimus 2X is sure to quench your thirst for the next 2 years. HTC Incredible S for 26k is also a good deal but it is single-cored so 1.5 years max. I think you should go for HTC Desire S for 23k, I have my eyes on this baby, it is a great phone. I think this is the device you should buy now & stick with it the next 1.5years, it's good enough for pretty much everything.

Back